Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 05:33 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,759,960 times

Advertisements

What is it you're asking ?

Is your husband angry because he expects dinner to be prepared for him ?
Is he angry because he wants to have a sit down dinner with you ?
Is he angry because you go to work, then go out again in the evening and spend no time with him?
Is he angry because you're spending money eating out ?
Does he think you're meeting other people when you eat out?

Have you sent down and asked him where the problem lies?

If you're hungry after work, could you not carry some carrot/celery sticks/crackers in the car and snack on those until you got home. Then you could prepare dinner, eat with him and then go to the gym.

It sounds as if you plan busy days, when you have no time for your hubby. That may be the cause of his resentment. On days when you're know you're not going to be home early, could you just skip going to the gym ?

Marriage is compromise and when one person feels ignored ( hubby) or see his wife choosing to do things other than be with him, it's not good. You have to work at a marriage, not take it for granted.
I'm sure there is a common ground there, you and your husband just have to find it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 05:39 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
I'd be kinda ticked too if I was waiting on my wife until 11PM to have dinner.
You wouldn't be that stupid, though. You're a smart guy. You'd eat when you got hungry.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:40 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,125,891 times
Yep what willow said..

My husband couldn't cook, so I left him extra meals to heat up and he was fine with that. On weekends or days I didn't have classes, we would eat together. Sometimes he hung out with my brother on nights I wasn't home. You just need to discuss it and come to an agreement that works for both of you.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:41 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,830,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You wouldn't be that stupid, though. You're a smart guy. You'd eat when you got hungry.
But sometimes it's nice to come home from work and eat dinner together with your SO. I guess what it comes down to is that her husband needs to realize she's got a rather unusual work schedule and he needs to either wait patiently for her to get home or cook himself.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:41 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callalillies View Post
It's not shocking I just don't know how to ask the right question to solve it.
Gee we seem to have different expectations about evenings. This is my schedule, what I currently do. How would you envision this going differently?

Quote:
And what are the key questions to ask each other in a way that makes sense to both of us. As well determining each others' expectations. Hence I came here. What are other golks schedules and routine that maybe give us guidance, starting point and ideas.
You don't need other people's schedules. You need to figure out yours, both of yours.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:42 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
But sometimes it's nice to come home from work and eat dinner together with your SO.
I totally agree. That's not always possible, though. They need to talk about it and reach some kind of an agreement.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:45 PM

156 posts, read 270,163 times
He does cook but only once a week now. He was cooking 3 times a week , but has scaled back. He said its bc my cooking has improved and is awesome now and tastes much better than his.
What is a reasonable schedule though? If I get out of work at 6 and then workout then eat at 8 then cook for the next day it works. But there's days I don't get out till 7 or 8 so I get to the gym at like 9 then cook at ten. ( usually we eat food from the night before or I make Enuf to last for two days.)
Is something like for me to be home twice a week and cook and dinner by 730. And two other days he cooks and I'm just home by 730 to eat. Then go to gym.
I'll have to think about this . It just seems so controlled and restrictive. With limited flexibility.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:47 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,830,417 times
"Enuf" ^^^

Lmao. OP you are too funny.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:49 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
He does cook but only once a week now. He was cooking 3 times a week , but has scaled back. He said its bc my cooking has improved and is awesome now and tastes much better than his.
What is a reasonable schedule though?
A reasonable schedule is not a worksheet that a bunch of dopes on the internet tell you it is. It is what you and your husband works out it is. It's called marriage.

Quote:
If I get out of work at 6 and then workout then eat at 8 then cook for the next day it works. But there's days I don't get out till 7 or 8 so I get to the gym at like 9 then cook at ten. ( usually we eat food from the night before or I make Enuf to last for two days.)
Is something like for me to be home twice a week and cook and dinner by 730. And two other days he cooks and I'm just home by 730 to eat. Then go to gym.
I'll have to think about this . It just seems so controlled and restrictive. With limited flexibility.
Welcome to CrossFit: Forging Elite Fitness

You don't need to work out for 2 hours unless you are a cardio queen.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:52 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
A couple times this week I was starving after getting out of work. So I ate before getting home. I then went home then gym then cooked. I couldn't wait to eat after cooking bc by the time I was done with cooking and the gym it was after 10. But at least I had lunch and dinner for the next day.
My work schedule is very inconsistent so I sometime don't get to the gym till 10 pm and then cook at 11pm. And sometimes one day in the week it's late or I'm tired and don't cook. Is it a big deal to grab something after work to keep me going for the evening. My husband gets very very angry when I do that. I don't get it.
What's preventing him from cooking?

[or cracking open a can of Chef Boyardee?]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships