Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2013, 10:22 PM

650 posts, read 701,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
I'm a guy in this situation.

Her face is attractive, she's very intelligent (Ph.D.), and also shares my hobbies. Plus she's incredible at certain things...

However she's around 300lbs.

I have some other interests I am physically more attracted to, but honestly - I don't really enjoy the company of many other people, and this other girl I actually enjoy talking to. I'd love to cuddle the brains out of some of the other girls, but then where does that leave me? With someone who doesn't share my interests, whom I can not communicate them with, and with someone who associates themselves with some local sports team they don't even play for. I can't do that.

She claims she lost 44 lbs, and I'd rather help her lose the rest, than have one night of fun with more attractive women.

I believe that is how love starts..
God Bless You, Man!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It's absolutely your right to hold out for someone who you find attractive, and who in turn finds you attractive. Doesn't mean you both have to be models, it just means you find each other mutually attractive. I wouldn't want to be with a man who didn't find me attractive..I did that once, I will never do it again.

Oh, and all of those things you listed? I consider those to be the bare minimum of being a decent human being, they aren't things to brag about.
Then if those things are so common, why haven't you found someone who makes you happy because the things I listed are the necessities and most lookers of today don't feel as though they need all those non superficial qualities.................

How about you being with a man who finds you attractive even though he has all my qualities but you (and everyone else) doesn't find him attractive?

Old 02-24-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post
Then if those things are so common, why haven't you found someone who makes you happy because the things I listed are the necessities and most lookers of today don't feel as though they need all those non superficial qualities.................

How about you being with a man who finds you attractive even though he has all my qualities but you (and everyone else) doesn't find him attractive?
No, don't get me wrong, I'm not interested in you. You are probably too young and not in my city.

But I'm hoping that you or somebody will read my words and understand that

LOOKS DON'T COUNT!

Old 02-24-2013, 10:30 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:

I've found quite a few people who make me happy, unfortunately there weren't romantic feelings involved.

Again, I WANT to be attracted to the person I'm with. Period. I want to feel sexually attracted to him, I want to want to touch him and hold him and all the other things that come with being in love. If I don't find him physically attractive, I'm going to have a much harder time with those things.

Again, I'm not going to be with someone that I'm not attracted to simply because I don't want to be alone. I'm perfectly content being alone.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
I've found quite a few people who make me happy, unfortunately there weren't romantic feelings involved.

Again, I WANT to be attracted to the person I'm with. Period. I want to feel sexually attracted to him, I want to want to touch him and hold him and all the other things that come with being in love. If I don't find him physically attractive, I'm going to have a much harder time with those things.

Again, I'm not going to be with someone that I'm not attracted to simply because I don't want to be alone. I'm perfectly content being alone.
Ok, you keep on going with that concept.

It's not you who I'm writing these words for (I now realize). I'm writing these words for all the poor guys you will reject in the future only because they weren't attractive looking.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Ok, you keep on going with that concept.

It's not you who I'm writing these words for (I now realize). I'm writing these words for all the poor guys you will reject in the future only because they weren't attractive looking.
Yes, because I go around rejecting men left and right based solely on appearance. You got me!

Again, even though I'm starting to realize it's falling on deaf ears... ATTRACTIVE TO ME. What I find attractive and what other people find attractive can vary wildly. I understand you don't need physical intimacy or any sort of attraction to be with someone, but try to realize that many of us do want that and desire that in a long term partner.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:

P.S. I know you have a vagina as the not funny "joke" goes about the little boy and the little girl (with one of these, I can get millions of those) but in a fair, just world, there would be true sexual equality and no man would have to or would even want to make all the advances and be rejected by a bunch of deluded women who mistakenly confused desperation with attraction and desire.

The less men have to chase women means the more women who will chase men.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Yes, because I go around rejecting men left and right based solely on appearance. You got me!

Again, even though I'm starting to realize it's falling on deaf ears... ATTRACTIVE TO ME. What I find attractive and what other people find attractive can vary wildly. I understand you don't need physical intimacy or any sort of attraction to be with someone, but try to realize that many of us do want that and desire that in a long term partner.
When it comes to what women think, there is a real uniformity as to what is and what isn't attractive.

My reference? OKCupid.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:49 PM

Quote:
P.S. I know you have a vagina as the not funny "joke" goes about the little boy and the little girl (with one of these, I can get millions of those) but in a fair, just world, there would be true sexual equality and no man would have to or would even want to make all the advances and be rejected by a bunch of deluded women who mistakenly confused desperation with attraction and desire.

The less men have to chase women means the more women who will chase men.
I make plenty of advances. In fact, I've asked out FAR more men than have ever even approached to talk to me. Life isn't fair. Get used to it.

Quote:
When it comes to what women think, there is a real uniformity as to what is and what isn't attractive.

My reference? OKCupid.
All I have to go by is what I've been attracted to, I couldn't care less what other women are attracted to. I know my sister likes overweight gingers. I generally like guys that are around my size and I dislike heavy muscles. The last guy I was attracted to was a few inches shorter than me and quite a bit heavier. I still thought he was very attractive...he did not feel the same way about me. No harm, no foul. Can't force attraction.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:24 PM

Quote:
I make plenty of advances. In fact, I've asked out FAR more men than have ever even approached to talk to me. Life isn't fair. Get used to it.

All I have to go by is what I've been attracted to, I couldn't care less what other women are attracted to. I know my sister likes overweight gingers. I generally like guys that are around my size and I dislike heavy muscles. The last guy I was attracted to was a few inches shorter than me and quite a bit heavier. I still thought he was very attractive...he did not feel the same way about me. No harm, no foul. Can't force attraction.
My only concern is that I get married.

All my life I've been hearing the You're a nice guy and I don't want to hurt you BUT! BUT! BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UTTTTTTTTTTT! I don't feel the chemistry which means looks rejection.

If nobody fights for me then I have to stand up for myself.

If I can help smash the crap out of, if I can do anything to KILL! looks prejudice then I'll be married to a GOOD woman because I have everything else that women want, I have all the good qualities while women are always picking the lookers with the bad qualities which is why so many divorces.

Please rethink your looks standards because you can be very happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships