Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2013, 11:23 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,706 times

Advertisements

Sorting through this thread:

1st thing, Tobey McGuire and Zooey Dechanel are NOT average looking. Are you seriously kidding me ? Anyone who makes comments like that are not someone I share the same view point with. Both people are established Hollywood actors, beating out literally MILLIONS of people who covet their job. Those two people are only in their respective fields because their looks got them their foot in the door. Anyone that doesn't agree with that is the extreme minority, and there is a reason why people have careers as casting directors and spend their entire lives searching for 'the right look' and talent.
I believe what is average for women is different for average for men. If a women is between 5'2" and 5'8" and is height weight proportional, she is already considered above average relationship material. I mean, how many height/weight proportional women out there have a hard time getting a date ? Very few. It happens I'm sure, but MOST have absolutely no problem getting dates, regardless of income, education, and even personality.
But a guy who is height weight proportional and from the neck up is not considered 'cute' will have extreme problems getting dates. A guy who doesn't have income at or above middle to upper class is not desirable, if he doesn't have awesome social skills, he is creepy, and if he isn't cute from the neck up, he better have income and personality, or he is in a lot of trouble dating wise.
I know many women with 50, 60, 80, 100 sexual partners who are average, or even plump, regardless of income and personality.
But only attractive guys have sexual partners of 50, 60, or over 100. And some of these attractive guys treat women like crap. I have seen it over and over.

At the end of the day, there will always be people that break the 'norm'. The average or ugly guy that can have gf's without trying. The below average woman who can get bf's without trying.
And there is the occasional average or above average woman that struggles dating.
And even the occasional attractive guy that struggles dating.
But in urban settings, average looking women seldom struggle dating, and attractive men seldom struggle dating. It's amazing how many people of this thread claim otherwise.
Short men, tall women, and heavier people will struggle the most. They have the fewest percentage of the population that will consider them as a partner based off of INITIAL ATTRACTION. IF, someone can get past the initial attraction, and spend time getting to know the person, sometimes, all bets are off, SOMETIMES.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:24 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
A lot of assumption in this thread in general about a very narrow concept of what is attractive.

I think men and women can be very attracted to anyone of "average" physical appearance. There is far more to attraction than just the wrapper. Maybe the wrapper can help or hurt making initial contacts with people, to varying degrees. However, I think any man or women with relationship experience will admit that after not too long of a time, what really attracts them to someone, or repels them away, is far deeper than physical appearance.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:27 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
thats my point...most women are currently dating average sized men, whether the women have exceptional bodies or not, they are most likely dating what is available to them, which is average sized men, this is what I see anyway. Women are far more forgiving in the looks dept than men...i'm not even sure why that point is even up for debate
Yes - and to be honest - I wouldn't date a really hot guy if he didn't have an awesome personality as well. And the guys that have really awesome personalities become hot to me.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:34 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
A lot of assumption in this thread in general about a very narrow concept of what is attractive.

I think men and women can be very attracted to anyone of "average" physical appearance. There is far more to attraction than just the wrapper. Maybe the wrapper can help or hurt making initial contacts with people, to varying degrees. However, I think any man or women with relationship experience will admit that after not too long of a time, what really attracts them to someone, or repels them away, is far deeper than physical appearance.
Exactly. There is far too much talk here of leagues and finding a partner who matches you physically, almost entirely absent of all the other qualities needed to have a successful relationship.

The bottom line is people are attracted to each other for a variety of reasons, physical appearance being a part of that but not all of or only that. Out in the real world, average, regular, everyday people get into relationships with each other and they're not hung up on whether or not they match physically, or what you think of their partnership. You can be attracted to whomever you want, and get into a relationship with whomever you want, as long as the interest is there on both sides.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:50 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
I find average men attractive. I find a lot of men attractive, even not so physically attractive ones.

Not sure what the purpose of this thread is.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:07 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I think it's one more reason for them to point blame at women for them lacking in the romance department, although I don't understand the reasoning there either.
Strange thing is, if you search the forums, you'll find threads stating "why are all the hot girls with ugly guys?" So we have two opposing thread types one stating women only date guys with exceptional bodies, the other stating disbelief that average men can land hot women. We can establish a few things:

1) some weird resentment towards women

2) they have been rejected 'only' based on looks (couldn't possibly be personality flaw)

3) neither groups of men are getting laid

Old 02-25-2013, 12:17 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
thats my point...most women are currently dating average sized men, whether the women have exceptional bodies or not, they are most likely dating what is available to them, which is average sized men, this is what I see anyway. Women are far more forgiving in the looks dept than men...i'm not even sure why that point is even up for debate
I see the exact opposite most of the times. All I know is that when I step outside the confines of a city, approaching women gets easy no matter what size she is. In my enviornment to many guys pedestal women regardless of her looks, she can be a 3 but believes she is a 9, same for guys as well. But I do agree that plenty of women no matter what her shape is are dating or in relationship with oversized men or men who are out of shape.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:07 PM

353 posts, read 580,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012 View Post
Do you think the aveage woman is attacted to a guy who's chubby/fat, but also seem strong like this one:
That is a hog... oink oink...

Old 02-25-2013, 05:24 PM

4 posts, read 3,137 times
Yep! what's wrong with average body men.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:48 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,140,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
How does that work? We're all pre-disposed to be attracted to ourselves? lol
Pretty much...unless you're the self hating type, I suppose...maybe hate your mother?...idk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships