Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 09:19 AM

59 posts, read 182,249 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to ask you guys about how do you go about texting/ contacting once you fix a date. I have a date on Thursday, the guy took my number and even I have his number. How weird is it to say a "Hi" to him before Thursday? I think I am little bit clueless in this regard because I always knew the guys before I dated them so there was no hesitation or lot of thought process involved to send the text.

I liked this guy when we met for the first time so I don't want to freak him out/sound very desperate.

Also, all the girls out there, what are the things you would generally do to attract a guy on the first date? Guys can give their suggestions as well about what they would expect to be normal/weird from the girl..

I think it would be cool to read about your funny stories or the things that you do/did!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 09:24 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,468,063 times
I think confirming the day of or the day before is sufficient, unless you TALK to get to know each other better ahead of the date. Texting does not appeal to me - but heck, I'm older than dirt, so don't think of texting as real communication.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I think confirming the day of or the day before is sufficient, unless you TALK to get to know each other better ahead of the date. Texting does not appeal to me - but heck, I'm older than dirt, so don't think of texting as real communication.
I usually talk before the date but since this guy is completely out of my friends circle, I was hesitating. I don't mind getting to know him before the date but I don't know if guys like that or not

Old 02-25-2013, 09:46 AM

1,338 posts, read 2,023,878 times
Just a send a text on Tuesday or Wednesday confirming that you're still on for Thursday. And in that text, throw in a "how's it going?" "how was your day?" or something along those lines, could little to some brief text conversation.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
Just a send a text on Tuesday or Wednesday confirming that you're still on for Thursday. And in that text, throw in a "how's it going?" "how was your day?" or something along those lines, could little to some brief text conversation.
yeah that sound's good !

Old 02-25-2013, 11:54 AM

25 posts, read 77,320 times
Hmm that's weird, I always text the girl I ask out before the date and try to get to know her for a bit. I almost always try and have at least one decently good phone conversation too. It gives me an idea of what she's like before the date. I guess not all guys do this?

Old 02-25-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiedude88 View Post
Hmm that's weird, I always text the girl I ask out before the date and try to get to know her for a bit. I almost always try and have at least one decently good phone conversation too. It gives me an idea of what she's like before the date. I guess not all guys do this?
Idk, I think I will just say hello tomorrow and see how he reacts.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:31 PM

350 posts, read 383,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Ideally communication beforehand is good, just to maintain the momentum. I think it does make the date go easier, but at the end of the day if you're going to click, you're going to.

I went out on a date on Saturday. We spoke once on the phone, traded some e-mails, but didn't firm anything up. I didn't respond in a timely manner to an email on Thursday, but I made sure I emailed and texted on Friday and we ended up talking late Friday to make plans. Saturday, I was cleaning my phone with Windex and pushed her button accidentally and we ended up talking again. ... I followed up with a text that I was running 15 minutes late ... she sees me walking on the street and I walked past her car so she called me to tell me to turn around.

Date went very well ...

The reason I bored you with all this is because, I wouldn't worry so much about what you "have" to do and "when". I think things just should kind of happen on their own. But someone needs to take the initiative to instigate some interaction.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:40 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,865,579 times
The day before the date, "Hi looking forward to tomorrow". No problem as I see it. After the date, "Just wanted to tell you agn I had a great time", or "you suck!" whichever fits. Don't send 700 text messages though. When women do that, it's a sure way to get blocked.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:00 PM

i just texted him. He goes to culinary school and had suggested a take out place which I tried today. I just said "hey it was a good recommendation, I really liked it". He replied saying "I am glad you liked it" with a wink, I guess that's a good start :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships