Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 08:12 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerWoodsLibido View Post
Here's what I don't understand. I assume the starred out word in the thread title is wh-re. To be one of those, don't you actually have to be having sex, which it sounds like the OP isn't? Help me out here.
I thought it was s-l-u-t

Old 02-27-2013, 08:16 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,024 times
And I thought I had way too much time on my hands...good grief

Old 02-27-2013, 08:17 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Please don't find fault with any of them. Yes, it takes two to dance, but I was very sincere/genuine with each woman and a very manipulative POS. Nothing was scripted or rehearsed.

I actually think this thread is deserving of a sticky. I'm sure I'm not the only one with a story to tell. Heck, I'm not even sure I really hurt anyone other than myself as I'm sure they knew nothing could ever really develop.

OK....I'm officially confused. WTF did you do kid? You corresponded with women on C-D, or at least tried to. It's not a big deal. Nothing warranting a thread to announce it. Or is there more to this story that some of us are not privy to???

Old 02-27-2013, 08:18 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,876,725 times
is it me, or prior to this thread the OP painted himself as a stud with women IRL or at least competent..because having read this would leave me to believe that is NOT the case

Old 02-27-2013, 08:20 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
So you feel guilty that you've chatted up a lot of ladies, are having some buyer's remorese about letting some online interactions cross some perceived boundaries, are feeling like you want to publicly let each of the ladies you talked to know they aren't the only one? I'm confused about the intent, here.

Taking online interactions seriously isn't something new or novel...sometimes people do get inappropriately invested in them. I'm a person who actually has numerous real-life friendships that actually did spring off forums, and also had a years-long real-life, cohabiting relationship with a person who was initially a poster on a forum with me. I totally get that online friendships can become real-life friendships. I'm not sure how often they start with graphic sex talk, granted, but, hey, different people like different things, I guess.

But I also know that there are people who invest far more time and energy and interest than is healthy in interactions that are always going to remain virtual. If there is some type of obsession with maintaining interactions with people where you know they're always going to remain the ultimate arms'-length away, and that's taking over any portion of your life, step away. Social interactions (even online ones) should enhance your life, not become some type of obsessive thing.

You are probably investing a bit much into an online life.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:47 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,106,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Please don't find fault with any of them. Yes, it takes two to dance, but I was very sincere/genuine with each woman and a very manipulative POS. Nothing was scripted or rehearsed.

I actually think this thread is deserving of a sticky. I'm sure I'm not the only one with a story to tell. Heck, I'm not even sure I really hurt anyone other than myself as I'm sure they knew nothing could ever really develop.
OP, I think this may be what you are suffering from:

Noun1.delusions of grandeur - a delusion (common in paranoia) that you are much greater and more powerful and influential than you really are delusion, psychotic belief - (psychology) an erroneous belief that is held in the face of evidence to the contrary

megalomania - a psychological state characterized by delusions of grandeur

Old 02-27-2013, 08:58 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,876,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
OP, I think this may be what you are suffering from:

Noun1.delusions of grandeur - a delusion (common in paranoia) that you are much greater and more powerful and influential than you really are delusion, psychotic belief - (psychology) an erroneous belief that is held in the face of evidence to the contrary

megalomania - a psychological state characterized by delusions of grandeur
this is it right here.....he is far less attractive, influential than he THINKS he is...

Old 02-27-2013, 09:02 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,871,881 times
Profile now open for a limited time. It's time for me to face my accusers.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:02 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
Obviously just using the D.E.N.N.I.S. system...

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia - The D.E.N.N.I.S System scene (S05E10 - The D.E.N.N.I.S System) - YouTube

Stage one "D" : Completed
Stage two "E" : Cyber Completed
Stage three "N": Cyber Completed
Stage four "N" : Under operation\_____ These are being done simultaneously
Stage five "I" : Under operation /
Stage six "S": TBA

Old 02-27-2013, 09:04 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,871,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opsimathia View Post
obviously just using the d.e.n.n.i.s. System...

it's always sunny in philadelphia - the d.e.n.n.i.s system scene (s05e10 - the d.e.n.n.i.s system) - youtube

stage one "d" : Completed
stage two "e" : Cyber completed
stage three "n": Cyber completed
stage four "n" : Under operation\_____ these are being done simultaneously
stage five "i" : Under operation /
stage six "s": Tba
omg, you're the best! LMFAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships