Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2013, 09:05 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times

Advertisements

Is it just me or does it seem like you only get messages on the free dating sites when you sign up for a pay site? lol

All the times when I just use the Free sites only, I never get any messages at all. But as soon as I purchase a 30 day membership on a pay site all the messages start rolling in on the free sites. Seems like when the free sites are used a backup option, that's when I have the most success. Which is why I decided to say........."What the hell" and pay for another membership this weekend.

BTW: I'm really started to hate OKC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 12:48 AM

1,514 posts, read 2,121,280 times
I noticed I would get similar amount of spam messages when I was using either free or paid sites. Personally I wouldn't invest to much money in these dating sites anyway.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:49 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,057,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Is it just me or does it seem like you only get messages on the free dating sites when you sign up for a pay site? lol

All the times when I just use the Free sites only, I never get any messages at all. But as soon as I purchase a 30 day membership on a pay site all the messages start rolling in on the free sites. Seems like when the free sites are used a backup option, that's when I have the most success. Which is why I decided to say........."What the hell" and pay for another membership this weekend.

Why?

It's better than POF.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:33 AM

803 posts, read 1,668,931 times
Sometimes when I used POF, I would get a few messages at once because I logged in during a peak time.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:48 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,087,446 times
Actually yeah this did happen to me. I actually paid for a couple of months with no luck, while at the same time I got a bit of luck from a free site.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:25 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,653,635 times
Quote:

The best time to join a dating site is in January, when singles make New Year resolutions to find partners. As months pass, memberships decrease. By March, most people have given up on their resolutions or they have found a partner. You are joining a little late in the game, but if you know what you want in a partner, and stay focused, you might meet the right person.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
Why?

It's better than POF.

I seem to get more positive feedback on POF. OKC for some reason seems like it's harder for me to get someone to transition to the phone. Not the case with POF

Old 03-06-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
I noticed I would get similar amount of spam messages when I was using either free or paid sites. Personally I wouldn't invest to much money in these dating sites anyway.

I pay every 3 to 4 months and commit to $20.00 memberships. I refuse to go over $20.

I have paid more for the telephone dating service because u r actually talking to the girl instead of typing message after message

Old 03-07-2013, 01:08 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,001,792 times
Quote:

You might want to check the ownership of both the free site and the pay site. With membership in both, when you pay, they tend to promote you in the free site as well. Stop paying and they stop promoting you on the free site as well. It's a marketing game. You realize you get more responses when you pay, so you continue to pay and they continue to make money off of you, whether any of the responses are worth anything or not.

I have not checked lately, but at one time, there were more than three hundred dating sites for sale on eBay, for less than $100. Today, I know one woman that makes her living by contacting paying members to entice them to keep on paying. The owner that pays her also owns five other dating sites. But, the members she contacts will never come close to meeting her. It's nothing more than a marketing gimmick.

Fact is.... Dating sites aren't worth diddly squat. Think about an old, old, old saying... "FOOLS AND THEIR MONEY ARE EASILY PARTED"

Old 03-07-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
You might want to check the ownership of both the free site and the pay site. With membership in both, when you pay, they tend to promote you in the free site as well. Stop paying and they stop promoting you on the free site as well. It's a marketing game. You realize you get more responses when you pay, so you continue to pay and they continue to make money off of you, whether any of the responses are worth anything or not.

I have not checked lately, but at one time, there were more than three hundred dating sites for sale on eBay, for less than $100. Today, I know one woman that makes her living by contacting paying members to entice them to keep on paying. The owner that pays her also owns five other dating sites. But, the members she contacts will never come close to meeting her. It's nothing more than a marketing gimmick.

Fact is.... Dating sites aren't worth diddly squat. Think about an old, old, old saying... "FOOLS AND THEIR MONEY ARE EASILY PARTED"

I have to disagree, I have met women face to face off of pay sites. So it's not all a game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships