Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2013, 04:11 PM

597 posts, read 1,147,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

We cannot "solve this problem" because you are so vague. You have not said one new thing in this entire thread.
I have tried to but, have not been able to get in a word. If given a chance, I will try to answer each of your individual questions.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:13 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Watson View Post
I have tried to but, have not been able to get in a word. If given a chance, I will try to answer each of your individual questions.
Can't get a word in? Honey, you have had 13 pages of chances to get a word in.

In fact, you've typed plenty of words but have said nothing.

Ready, set, GO! Let's hear it.

What do YOU think the answer should be?

Old 02-28-2013, 04:15 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
So far, you've been refusing to answer some of the key questions. This thread seems to have run its course in terms of the OP's cooperation.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Can't get a word in? Honey, you have had 13 pages of chances to get a word in.

In fact, you've typed plenty of words but have said nothing.

Ready, set, GO! Let's hear it.

What do YOU think the answer should be?
What many here have failed to recognized, is that I have done my best to try and improve this situation. Unfortunately, I feel as though I am being blamed for being attracted to someone. Any educated individual would tell you that my feelings are in no way unusual.

If you read my initial synopsis of what occurred back in freshman year, you will see that I did try to make conversation with her. I was being respectful and polite, yet was told to be quiet.

Despite this there really were no problems between us after that. She simply kept with her group, and I kept with mine. There was no outward hostility at all. However, when she found out my true feelings for her, her dislike became quite evident.

This is the part that frustrates me the most. Being chastised for daring to presume that I might have a chance. She acts as though I have committed a crime.

If, she did have a bf this would have been a perfect opportunity to say so. Yet, no one has ever told me she was in any relationship. If she was in a relationship, her friends would more than likely have told me to leave her only. I would have complied, even though I would never consider anyone else.

Over the past three years, there have been many encounters such as the one in the library this past Tuesday. Occasionally I would see her in the hallway, and that same expression of contempt would cross her face. Each time was just as hurtful as the first, and left me more and more confused as to what I am actually guilty of.

As, I stated before, I do nothing to bother her. I don’t say anything to her at all, because I know that she wants to be left alone.

It seems quite unfair, to hold a grudge at someone simply because of their admiration for you. She is also being extremely single-minded, in refusing to give me any chance at all.

I hope I have adequately re-explained my situation. The question now, is how to encourage her to change her mind. My hope is that by the time we graduate, we will both be on better terms.

If anyone still has unanswered questions regarding this topic, please let me know.

Thank you.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:56 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Any educated individual would tell you that my feelings are in no way unusual.
We are educated individuals, and we're telling you that to persist in an infatuation over 3 years in spite of the object of one's affections making it clear they're not interested and even dislike one, and to continue in the belief that one can cause the other person to open up to them or like them, is very unusual and not at all normal or healthy.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:00 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,544,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
So far, you've been refusing to answer some of the key questions. This thread seems to have run its course in terms of the OP's cooperation.
Quote:
What many here have failed to recognized, is that I have done my best to try and improve this situation. Unfortunately, I feel as though I am being blamed for being attracted to someone. Any educated individual would tell you that my feelings are in no way unusual.

If you read my initial synopsis of what occurred back in freshman year, you will see that I did try to make conversation with her. I was being respectful and polite, yet was told to be quiet.

Despite this there really were no problems between us after that. She simply kept with her group, and I kept with mine. There was no outward hostility at all. However, when she found out my true feelings for her, her dislike became quite evident.

This is the part that frustrates me the most. Being chastised for daring to presume that I might have a chance. She acts as though I have committed a crime.

If, she did have a bf this would have been a perfect opportunity to say so. Yet, no one has ever told me she was in any relationship. If she was in a relationship, her friends would more than likely have told me to leave her only. I would have complied, even though I would never consider anyone else.

Over the past three years, there have been many encounters such as the one in the library this past Tuesday. Occasionally I would see her in the hallway, and that same expression of contempt would cross her face. Each time was just as hurtful as the first, and left me more and more confused as to what I am actually guilty of.

As, I stated before, I do nothing to bother her. I don’t say anything to her at all, because I know that she wants to be left alone.

It seems quite unfair, to hold a grudge at someone simply because of their admiration for you. She is also being extremely single-minded, in refusing to give me any chance at all.

I hope I have adequately re-explained my situation. The question now, is how to encourage her to change her mind. My hope is that by the time we graduate, we will both be on better terms.

If anyone still has unanswered questions regarding this topic, please let me know.

Thank you.
And not a single question answered, just a rehash of what was said before. Since, the OP doesn't care to share or comment, my bet is it's either class or racial differences. The autism angle is a good bet too.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
We are educated individuals, and we're telling you that to persist in an infatuation over 3 years in spite of the object of one's affections making it clear they're not interested and even dislike one, and to continue in the belief that one can cause the other person to open up to them or like them, is very unusual and not at all normal or healthy.

I was in no way doubting your intelligence, or that of anyone else on this website. My point was that my feelings are not out of the ordinary. Many adolescents, experience what I have been going through.Although they may have had better luck.

Unfortunately it appears that she is the one at fault for making an instant appraisal my character based on an incident that occurred has far back as October of 2009.

There must be some way, to make her understand that she has been grossly uninformed and inaccurate in her assumptions. It wouldn't hurt her to consider whether she is making a mistake.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
And not a single question answered, just a rehash of what was said before. Since, the OP doesn't care to share or comment, my bet is it's either class or racial differences. The autism angle is a good bet too.
Can you give me ONE serious question that I did not answer??

Old 02-28-2013, 05:14 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
here's one - have you been diagnosed with Aspergers, or has anyone ever suggested you should be evaluated for it?

Old 02-28-2013, 05:21 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,544,358 times
Quote:
What are your and her heritage?

You said her family was wealthy, how about your family?

Have you ever been diagnosed with autism or been told you have symptoms?

What is your body shape?

Here are a few questions you haven't answered, but I'm betting you don't think they are serious or pertinent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships