Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2013, 05:52 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,099,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
This is extreme. As I stated earlier, I do not believe in any form of retaliation. I certainly hold no malice in my heart for this young lady, and would never dream of laying a hand on her.
Young man, take it from me, anybody who says "Be quiet" to you, you must strike, or loudly and publicly (as in, sort of make a scene), point out that they have no business ordering you around. If it's a girl, you can turn things around by making it out like she has no social skills and some sort of anxiety problem. Be like "Sorry, Dworkin, but I'm gonna say whatever the hell I want. Why don't you march yourself over to the nearest NOW bra-burning if all you wanna do is be an ignanimous ****!?"

Old 02-28-2013, 05:53 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Yeah, that's great advice for HS students--start a scuffle if someone tells you to be quiet.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:54 PM

597 posts, read 1,147,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Here's a question, why have you not attempted to have a conversation with her in 3 years?

Here's another: Do you have a plan for after high school and does it involve her?

And finally, have other girls been attracted to you in the past, or do they all tend to avoid you?

In response to your questions:

The reason I have not attempted to have another conversation with her, is because what I described in the library occurs on some scale nearly every time she sees me. And remember, I see her only in passing. Imagine what her reaction would be if I dared to bother her.

After high school, I hope to begin my training to become a building engineer. This will require hands on learning, and classes at night. While this plan does not include her, I would never consider anyone else.

I deal very little with the other girls at this school. During the school day I spend time with the guys in my grade .Occasionally there may be a group project, etc. This works out fine, nobody in the school works at active avoidance of anyone that I know of, as this girl does.

For the most part it is a well disciplined school, and most people get along with each other.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:55 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,544,358 times
What are her circle of friends heritage and class?

I'm thinking you have no chance unless your family becomes filthy rich and can turn yourself 100% white. Here are some symptoms of Aspergers:
The following behaviors are often associated with Asperger syndrome. However, they are seldom all present in any one individual and vary widely in degree:
• limited or inappropriate social interactions
• "robotic" or repetitive speech
• challenges with nonverbal communication (gestures, facial expression, etc.) coupled with average to above average verbal skills
• tendency to discuss self rather than others
• inability to understand social/emotional issues or nonliteral phrases
• lack of eye contact or reciprocal conversation
• obsession with specific, often unusual, topics
• one-sided conversations
• awkward movements and/or mannerisms

Aspergers is a subset of Autism. Here are some autism symptoms:
  • Social interactions and relationships. Symptoms may include:
    • Significant problems developing nonverbal communication skills, such as eye-to-eye gazing, facial expressions, and body posture.
    • Failure to establish friendships with children the same age.
    • Lack of interest in sharing enjoyment, interests, or achievements with other people.
    • Lack of empathy. People with autism may have difficulty understanding another person's feelings, such as pain or sorrow.
  • Verbal and nonverbal communication. Symptoms may include:
    • Delay in, or lack of, learning to talk. As many as 40% of people with autism never speak.1
    • Problems taking steps to start a conversation. Also, people with autism have difficulties continuing a conversation after it has begun.
    • Stereotyped and repetitive use of language. People with autism often repeat over and over a phrase they have heard previously (echolalia).
    • Difficulty understanding their listener's perspective. For example, a person with autism may not understand that someone is using humor. They may interpret the communication word for word and fail to catch the implied meaning.
  • Limited interests in activities or play. Symptoms may include:
    • An unusual focus on pieces. Younger children with autism often focus on parts of toys, such as the wheels on a car, rather than playing with the entire toy.
    • Preoccupation with certain topics. For example, older children and adults may be fascinated by video games, trading cards, or license plates.
    • A need for sameness and routines. For example, a child with autism may always need to eat bread before salad and insist on driving the same route every day to school.
    • Stereotyped behaviors. These may include body rocking and hand flapping.
Do you see any of them in yourself?

Old 02-28-2013, 05:57 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yeah, that's great advice for HS students--start a scuffle if someone tells you to be quiet.

Yes, right? Nothing like a man popping a girl in the face for being rude. That'll teach her.

OP, please just ignore this girl. She doesn't sound like a nice person and has clearly caused you a lot of frustration. There have been a lot of people suggest it. It has been a recurring theme. You asked for advice. A lot of pretty smart people have suggested to move on and ignore her. I think someday you are going to look back at your HS years and regret all the time you wasted fretting over this one person.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:57 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Watson View Post
I don't consider that a serious question related to my thread, however I will answer it. The answer is; no

It's a shame that a high school student, is not allowed to intelligently discuss a serious issue with adults without being browbeaten and accused of having diseases.

I am a perfectly normal person. However, there is the saying that; "everyone has a skeleton in their closet". Meaning that we all have problems. I'm sure many of the adults on this forum have troubles as well. They simply do not feel the need to ask outside help. Perhaps they are afraid the poster: "lovesMountains", will attempt to diagnose them with diseases that they do not have.

Okay, busted dude.

You are not a high school kid.

An astute mod will hopefully research you shortly and shut this whole thing down.

I told you last night, your words will tell on you.

Well, yours just did - as no teenager would truly write like you do or make the kind of statements you are not making.

But good job trying to deflect attention away from yourself by making accusations against me above.

I didn't "diagnose" you with anything. All I did was repeat a question another poster asked you after you asked "what questions have I not answered?"

Here's your real problem...your posting history.

From the time you started posting here on CD in July 2010 your focus is all about Dallas and Garland Texas in the 1960's.

I challenge anyone, especially a mod, to read this thread and tell me a then 16-year-old was writing it //www.city-data.com/forum/dalla...arland-tx.html

Not sure what your game or problem really is, but you are just wasting the time of the good folks here who thought they were helping a real kid.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that's great advice for HS students--start a scuffle if someone tells you to be quiet
Actually, yes. Yes it is.
High school is a ridiculously artificial world where the kids can be complete Mod cut: inappropriate language. to each other and get away with it because they HAVE to go there every day. No one in the adult world gets away with this. At a time when kids are most socially fragile, all the "no fighting" nonsense ends up doing is punishing kids who defend themself, and then they learn not to, then get picked on, then they lose their self-esteem. And the mean kids learn that it's OK to be a snip. But were they to act like this in the workplace or in public or on public transit, they'd lose all social standing at best and at worst end up with thousands of dollars in hospital bills and not know the name of their retaliator and have no one to sue (Real world: you don't know people's names).

Seriously, try acting like that in the adult world. You WILL get punched. As Chris Rock says, no one should be above an ass-whoopin.

The only way socialization can work is if the repercussion for bad behavior are there. Instead the adults INTERVENE from what would normally happen in the adult world, and end up making generations of jerk-offs and kids with no self-esteem who want to kill themselves.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-28-2013 at 08:19 PM..

Old 02-28-2013, 06:02 PM

597 posts, read 1,147,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
What are her circle of friends heritage and class?
The following behaviors are often associated with Asperger syndrome. However, they are seldom all present in any one individual and vary widely in degree:
• limited or inappropriate social interactions
• "robotic" or repetitive speech
• challenges with nonverbal communication (gestures, facial expression, etc.) coupled with average to above average verbal skills
• tendency to discuss self rather than others
• inability to understand social/emotional issues or nonliteral phrases
• lack of eye contact or reciprocal conversation
• obsession with specific, often unusual, topics
• one-sided conversations
• awkward movements and/or mannerisms

Aspergers is a subset of Autism. Here are some autism symptoms:
  • Social interactions and relationships. Symptoms may include:
    • Significant problems developing nonverbal communication skills, such as eye-to-eye gazing, facial expressions, and body posture.
    • Failure to establish friendships with children the same age.
    • Lack of interest in sharing enjoyment, interests, or achievements with other people.
    • Lack of empathy. People with autism may have difficulty understanding another person's feelings, such as pain or sorrow.
  • Verbal and nonverbal communication. Symptoms may include:
    • Delay in, or lack of, learning to talk. As many as 40% of people with autism never speak.1
    • Problems taking steps to start a conversation. Also, people with autism have difficulties continuing a conversation after it has begun.
    • Stereotyped and repetitive use of language. People with autism often repeat over and over a phrase they have heard previously (echolalia).
    • Difficulty understanding their listener's perspective. For example, a person with autism may not understand that someone is using humor. They may interpret the communication word for word and fail to catch the implied meaning.
  • Limited interests in activities or play. Symptoms may include:
    • An unusual focus on pieces. Younger children with autism often focus on parts of toys, such as the wheels on a car, rather than playing with the entire toy.
    • Preoccupation with certain topics. For example, older children and adults may be fascinated by video games, trading cards, or license plates.
    • A need for sameness and routines. For example, a child with autism may always need to eat bread before salad and insist on driving the same route every day to school.
    • Stereotyped behaviors. These may include body rocking and hand flapping.
Do you see any of them in yourself?
All of us have a few of these. This does not mean we have a disease.

I’m sure if you took a good look you might even discover you have a few “symptoms”. If we didn't we wouldn't be a part of the human race. All of us are flawed in some way, nobody is perfect.

I would greatly appreciate it if this disease was left out of our discussions from this point on. The continuous insinuation that I have some behavioral disease is personally insulting and degrading.

Thank you.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:04 PM

agreed that aspberger's is a useless disease-definition. God forbid someone should have a particular type of personality.

But, OP is busted. Obviously not a high school student
Mod cut: inappropriate language.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-28-2013 at 08:21 PM..

Old 02-28-2013, 06:07 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Okay, busted dude.

You are not a high school kid.

An astute mod will hopefully research you shortly and shut this whole thing down.

I told you last night, your words will tell on you.

Well, yours just did - as no teenager would truly write like you do or make the kind of statements you are not making.

But good job trying to deflect attention away from yourself by making accusations against me above.

I didn't "diagnose" you with anything. All I did was repeat a question another poster asked you after you asked "what questions have I not answered?"

Here's your real problem...your posting history.

From the time you started posting here on CD in July 2010 your focus is all about Dallas and Garland Texas in the 1960's.

I challenge anyone, especially a mod, to read this thread and tell me a then 16-year-old was writing it //www.city-data.com/forum/dalla...arland-tx.html

Not sure what your game or problem really is, but you are just wasting the time of the good folks here who thought they were helping a real kid.
I've already reported it. I'm hoping the mods can deal with this sooner than later.

I don't know the age of the guy, but if he's making all this up he should write a book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships