Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 05:55 PM

296 posts, read 571,643 times

Advertisements

I'm not one to usually date someone because of their profession/education/whatever, but I can't help but be attracted to most women in HR (or those who have the power to hire and sometimes fire). Maybe it's a control thing...women with power and control are pretty damn sexy. Those who abuse it I'm ashamed to say just seem even more appealing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 05:57 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Get er short stuff.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:59 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
I'm not one to usually date someone because of their profession/education/whatever, but I can't help but be attracted to most women in HR (or those who have the power to hire and sometimes fire). Maybe it's a control thing...women with power and control are pretty damn sexy. Those who abuse it I'm ashamed to say just seem even more appealing.
You perhaps like "bossy" and "empowered" women.

Maybe you can date and eventually marry one, then she'll critique your resume, interviewing skills and career.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:06 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
It sounds like you have insecurity issues. Men who like to be controlled/dominated by women are, generally, weak and seen as push-overs. This is not a quality that most women look for. Speaking generally, these are the type of men that are classified as 'suckers.'

If you're thinking that your desire to let women run roughshod over you is going to help your chances with them, you couldn't be more wrong.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
It sounds like you have insecurity issues. Men who like to be controlled/dominated by women are, generally, weak and seen as push-overs. This is not a quality that most women look for. Speaking generally, these are the type of men that are classified as 'suckers.'

If you're thinking that your desire to let women run roughshod over you is going to help your chances with them, you couldn't be more wrong.
This is true.

There's almost no winning for men with a woman either.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:20 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
That's a weird little fetish. Most women doing interviewing, hiring and firing are just trying to do their job. They're not getting off on some power trip. You're totally projecting that on to them.

ew.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's a weird little fetish. Most women doing interviewing, hiring and firing are just trying to do their job. They're not getting off on some power trip. You're totally projecting that on to them.

ew.
You know, I've encountered a good amount of HR women that had that cocky power tripped attitude in past years. These types do exist and in those interviews I always thought that good thing she wasn't my GF.

And there are many like you describe who perform their job with professionalism.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:35 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
You know, I've encountered a good amount of HR women that had that cocky power tripped attitude in past years. These types do exist and in those interviews I always thought that good thing she wasn't my GF.
Great, so there's a shred of hope for the OP. He can try to find a cocky power-tripping woman to enjoy some drama with. I hope it works for him.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Great, so there's a shred of hope for the OP. He can try to find a cocky power-tripping woman to enjoy some drama with. I hope it works for him.
I wonder if we get to see the movie if it happens?

Old 02-27-2013, 06:40 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
I'm not sure what industry you work in, but HR people don't really have all that much power and rarely do they "hire" or "fire" someone. They may occasionally carry out the decisions, but they aren't the ones making those decisions.

HR people where I and my husband have worked were there to offer resources for the job/place of employement (benefits, harrassment issues, timesheets..etc.). The manager or person you report to does all the hiring and firing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships