Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 09:55 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
On the other hand, I think it might be useful for screening out the undesirables.

Thoughts?
My thought is that you've answered your own question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 10:03 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I think for you, it will most likely not affect your dating life. But some guys will be uncomfortable with the setup, but they will tolerate it.

The guy, I donno, I guess it may not matter too much.

Either way, if either of you date insecure people, they will have a hard time dealing with the situation.

I do find it interesting that you two hang out as much as you do.
It sounds like a REALLY good deal for the guy. Cheap rent, great networking/ socializing opportunities.
But, from previous posts, you don't seem too interested in LTR. And considering you mentioned above 'what if me and my current guy break up?', it sounds like you are already half way there.

I guess just enjoy the new friend, but I do see an opportunity for this easily going sour at some point. My money says he EVENTUALLY sober or drunk makes a move on you. But you seem to he able to handle that kind of situation. And who knows, maybe you two will hit it off.
Yeah, I'm not too into insecure men. They're miserable to date.

I'm not headed to a breakup with the current guy, I don't think. But we're still in the early stages and everything is a big question mark. See above posts about anxiety and borrowing trouble for my (often self-defeating) perspective.

I really don't think the roomie would ever hit on me. We have different types, and the sexual chemistry is entirely absent - we've both commented on it. He tends towards very high-strung redheads who like being taken care of, and I tend towards rugged men who would be voted most likely to survive the apocalypse. Plus he's seen me in the mornings when I haven't showered or brushed my hair in days (think Rob Zombie on a bad day), and I know exactly what foods will cause him to spend the evening in the bathroom.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:44 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,151,143 times
Quote:
I wonder if this will hamper my dating life if I break up with the current boyfriend (not in the cards at all right now, but **** happens) and I worry that I might hamper my roommate's dating life. On the other hand, I think it might be useful for screening out the undesirables.

Thoughts?
Exactly!

Old 02-28-2013, 12:47 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:

But my chief hobby is borrowing trouble
This made me laugh, I sure can relate...lol

Old 02-28-2013, 01:54 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
Some guys wouldn't like it and would flat out refuse to date you, or date you but constantly be paranoid and need reassurances that you aren't secretly into your roommate. But other guys, like your current beau will be just fine with it. You'll just have to date guys who are okay with it.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:26 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,098,602 times
Doesn't surprise me. You almost HAVE to hang out to AVOID it being awkward. And if you're both decent, self-controlling people you'll be deliberately doing it with the chemistry and mannerisms of amish people, lol, to make a point that it's going to stay a platonic relationship.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:48 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Don't let other people's old-fashioned opinions ruin a good friendship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships