Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 11:44 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,161,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Make sure that your profile pic is of you ONLY. Not you and your friend or friends. It confuses us guys. Wanna include pics of you out with friends in your profile? Cool. But please make sure you are the ONLY subject of attention in your PROFILE pic. This is easily my biggest gripe in online dating. It is always one girl I'm attracted to and one I'm not attracted to in the pic. Guess which one the profile is usually about?

Well, this is the 3rd biggest gripe in my life currently so life ain't too bad now.

Lmao! I understand what you are saying however there is a method to the madness “sometimes”

A good friend of mine and I were on the same dating website at one point ( She introduced me to online dating)…

It had gotten to the point where she would text me and send me a pic of a guy she started talking to on a more monogamous basis ( meaning she hid her profile because she thought it could lead somewhere)
….So she would send a pic of this guy and state “Has this guy sent you emails?”
7 out of 10 times? Yes, and recently as she was thinking they were going somewhere! Some of these guys had me on their faves…she would state “UGGGG!”

So she would address it and either stop talking to this guy or make it clear that we were friends…
It finally got to the point that she posted up a pic of her and I when we were at a local haunt for her bday! To show guys that we were friends and not to hit on the both of us,..lol

This does work btw…lol
I was talking to a gent as friends and we had gone to a movie as friends, he stated he liked me more than a friend..but he was an octopus when we said our final goodbyes…ick..
I did not bother to tell my girl that I had gone to the movies with this guy so about 2 weeks later this guy sends me a text and tells me, “ I think one of your friends hit me up, said something bout liking my profile and thought I was a hottie” “When I looked at her pics I noticed you were in one!” “I sent her an email and was nice but stated I Was interested in you!”

So ,long story already told, there are reasons sometimes, not all the time but sometimes…lol..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 11:51 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,752,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonds&pearls View Post
Right back at you, guys.

Leave the strippers and the V8 hostesses out of the picture.

You know they're paid to pose with you, right?

Oh and my personal bugbear - the photos of the vehicles. So you have a car, a motorbike, a boat. Great....but it's not actually the car or the motorbike or the boat we are looking to date.

Well woman always like to know if a guy drives so she is getting information she won't have to ask for once they chat on the phone

Old 02-28-2013, 11:53 PM

223 posts, read 206,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Well woman always like to know if a guy drives so she is getting information she won't have to ask for once they chat on the phone
I'm a woman, and I don't give a rats.

Like I'm going to be hopping into a virtual stranger's car...NOT.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:55 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Make sure that your profile pic is of you ONLY. Not you and your friend or friends. It confuses us guys. Wanna include pics of you out with friends in your profile? Cool. But please make sure you are the ONLY subject of attention in your PROFILE pic. This is easily my biggest gripe in online dating. It is always one girl I'm attracted to and one I'm not attracted to in the pic. Guess which one the profile is usually about?

Well, this is the 3rd biggest gripe in my life currently so life ain't too bad now.

I seen that many of times. The friend is more attractive than the girl who created the profile lol

Old 03-01-2013, 12:06 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,795,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I...I kinda like seeing the car. Let's me see where my butt is going to ride in.

Care to ride in Slvr Ice? Heated leather baby lol

Last edited by AT-AT28; 03-01-2013 at 12:18 AM..

Old 03-01-2013, 12:13 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonds&pearls View Post
I'm a woman, and I don't give a rats.

Like I'm going to be hopping into a virtual stranger's car...NOT.

I met a girl from POF last week and when she called me after only 2 mins into the conversation she asked me....."Do you drive?"

Of course I had to end the conversation

Old 03-01-2013, 01:17 AM

348 posts, read 548,024 times
Quote:

I'd add that I despise that kissy face girls make. Few things anger me. This is one of em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I seen that many of times. The friend is more attractive than the girl who created the profile lol
Perhaps they thing if they stand close enough to a hot girl it becomes contagious. Hotness through osmosis.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:19 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,795,617 times
Yes, I farking hate that puckered up "Duck lip" crap, knock it off ladies, seriously.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:53 AM

650 posts, read 699,095 times
Quote:

Something is very weird about any woman who posts a picture of her with a man.

Even if he's her grown up son.

I won't contact a woman like that.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:24 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,512,737 times
Quote:

Guys do the same thing and I always end up thinking that the friend is much hotter. lol All my profile pics are of me only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships