Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 07:16 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,282,960 times

Advertisements

A lot of it is the situation. She sees it as a no hope situation. She has an estranged relationship with her husband, two small children, and is dating a guy who is unemployed and has a temper problem. She wants to be loved, but is willing to accept love from the wrong people.

If you look at the end pictures, she's excited to move to where her estranged husband is in Alaska. I know a fair share of young Army or Marine guys who went overseas to make a lot of money in their late teens, and they came back changed people. Most of them have been bouncing between jobs, alcoholics, cheaters, or abusers.

Ultimately, this situation may end up not being any better than the situation she just left behind. Running from relationshp to relationship will do nothing but get you buried in a deeper hole. Sometimes you have to figure out a way to pick yourself up by your bootstraps and tough it out on your own. No woman deserves to be hit by any man, but you do have to use your head when involving small children in relationships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 07:18 AM

633 posts, read 723,820 times
While noone deserves to be abused in any way shape or form... The situation is just a trainwreck waiting to happen as it did. How can they survive when they are both jobless? with 2 kids!! Then honestly I really think it was best he was jailed coz I feared he might rape his gf's daughter. I mean really?! he is affectionate with the daughter and NOT the son? REALLY?!

Then the woman is just a typical dependent woman. CONSTANTLY Looking for a man to take care of her rather than looking for a job to take care of her and her kids... wow. She seems like she jumps from man to man without a problem.

I was gonna say she always looks good especially her hair in spite of having 2 kids, then I remember.... she's a bum! Of course she has all the time in her hands to sit in the mirror and primp herself up for the next 'victim'/abuser, errr guy.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:19 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,691,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinajolie View Post
While noone deserves to be abused in any way shape or form... The situation is just a trainwreck waiting to happen as it did. How can they survive when they are both jobless? with 2 kids!! Then honestly I really think it was best he was jailed coz I feared he might rape his gf's daughter. I mean really?! he is affectionate with the daughter and NOT the son? REALLY?!

Then the woman is just a typical dependent woman. CONSTANTLY Looking for a man to take care of her rather than looking for a job to take care of her and her kids... wow. She seems like she jumps from man to man without a problem.

I was gonna say she always looks good especially her hair in spite of having 2 kids, then I remember.... she's a bum! Of course she has all the time in her hands to sit in the mirror and primp herself up for the next 'victim'/abuser, errr guy.
Did you just call the guy who tried to choke her in front of her daughter a victim? I saw it before you added "/abuser," whatever that means.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:26 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,046 times
Quote:

Gotta say, I caught that, too.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Did you just call the guy who tried to choke her in front of her daughter a victim? I saw it before you added "/abuser," whatever that means.
Victim in as sense that whoever her next guy would provide for her and her kids while she does... NOTHING! Maybe I used a wrong term can't think of a more appropriate one right now.

Well she's going back to the father of her children I hope it lasts for her children's sake.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Victim in as sense that whoever her next guy would provide for her and her kids while she does... NOTHING! Maybe I used a wrong term can't think of a more appropriate one right now.

Well she's going back to the father of her children I hope it lasts for her children's sake.
Primping herself up for her next victim ... I need to pick my jaw up off the floor and put some more coffee in it. That was a pretty ****ty thing to say, from a woman no less.

Shane was unemployed, by the way. Who knows what he provided.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Primping herself up for her next victim ... I need to pick my jaw up off the floor and put some more coffee in it. That was a pretty ****ty thing to say, from a woman no less.

Shane was unemployed, by the way. Who knows what he provided.
Well her type of woman is what irritates me. If you do the math, she was a teen mom! Had her first child at 15 . Ugh, it's one thing to be a teen mom and be RESPONSIBLE about it. I know there are teen moms who ACTUALLY find a job to provide for her kids. Unlike this woman who would rather find as many men as she can to provide for her and her kids. That's a BIG difference. If you want compassion from me, you better deserve it.

As for who provided. I honestly am baffled where they even get the money for food/going out. Look the woman is a parasite. She depends on the man, her friends, her family (her grandpa in the airport) for EVERYTHING.. There is NOTHING in the 'story' that indicated to me that she supported herself. NONE.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Unlike this woman who would rather find as many men as she can to provide for her and her kids. That's a BIG difference. If you want compassion from me, you better deserve it.
I didn't realize you knew her. I only read about two men, Shane and the father of her two children.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
I didn't realize you knew her. I only read about two men, Shane and the father of her two children.
I don't. But based on the story I read, this is all she will get from me.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:50 AM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Quote:

^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^

This is a fantastic post.

Although there are no justification under the sun for domestic violence, one of the most devastating and disturbing fact about domestic violence is victim triangle of codependency.

Women always came from abusive family, rely on men for happiness, often the women are single moms who had multiple children from previous marriage, uneducated, no job. Waiting outside the bar to flirt with guys in order to find the next meal for their children.

Men are always the ex-convict who are struggling to find a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships