Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 11:44 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times

Advertisements

Lily I do understand what you are saying. There does not appear to be a long term fix in place unless Maggie and her army husband reconcile. The article doesn't make it clear what the story between them was. Abuse doesn't happen in a vacuum. But I am not going to look at her mistakes and allow them to become an excuse for a guy choking her out and abusing her. I don't hold her blameless, but I do place the majority of the blame on the man who chose to abuse this woman. Everything up to that point is irrelevant to his decision because nothing justifies his choice to abuse her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 11:44 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
I'm assuming this guy is the father of the kids, in Alaska? What information do you have to say that it is a bad decision to move closer to the kids' father?
why did they split in the first place? why does she always need a man?

Old 03-01-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Lily I do understand what you are saying. There does not appear to be a long term fix in place unless Maggie and her army husband reconcile. The article doesn't make it clear what the story between them was. Abuse doesn't happen in a vacuum. But I am not going to look at her mistakes and allow them to become an excuse for a guy choking her out and abusing her. I don't hold her blameless, but I do place the majority of the blame on the man who chose to abuse this woman. Everything up to that point is irrelevant to his decision because nothing justifies his choice to abuse her.
Let me make myself very clear: There are absolutely no justification for cheating, abuse, and domestic violence.

However, the real solution for this young lady is her self esteem. She does not need men who are not good for her in her life. period
Not her ex who fathered her children and became nowhere to be found. She does not need ex con
She needs to be a whole person in order to experience true love.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:47 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't know.

Can you answer me what you find wrong about having the kids be closer to their father?

Old 03-01-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I don't know.

Can you answer me what you find wrong about having the kids be closer to their father?
She needs to heal her wound, instead of going back to her EX

ex is an ex for a reason. She does not need another tragedy in her life. Period.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Let me make myself very clear: There are absolutely no justification for cheating, abuse, and domestic violence.

However, the real solution for this young lady is her self esteem. She does not need men who are not good for her in her life. period
Not her ex who fathered her children and became nowhere to be found. She does not need ex con
She needs to be a whole person in order to experience true love.

Do we know the circumstances of how the ex became nowhere to be found.

Regardless of whether she should be with her ex or no, until I hear otherwise, it is good for the children to be closer to their dad.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
She needs to heal her wound, instead of going back to her EX

ex is an ex for a reason. She does not need another tragedy in her life. Period.
What tragedy are you talking about, in regards to the ex?

What about the very obvious needs of the children?

Old 03-01-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
What tragedy are you talking about, in regards to the ex?

What about the very obvious needs of the children?
Where is this father when his children were born?

You don't think this lady herself can take care of her children by herself?

There are a lot of single moms doing just that (taking care of their children without the help of abusive men) everyday.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:54 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Sounds line there will be a follow up coming soon. Hopefully we will learn more about Maggie's husband.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Sounds line there will be a follow up coming soon. Hopefully we will learn more about Maggie's husband.
Yes! I hope he is a good man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships