Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 11:50 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,923,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Why did you end the chat so soon?

Are you comfortable initiating 'cold' conversations?

IMO, the initiation of the chat is the most nerve-wracking part of the interaction.

Don't confuse the fact that women communicate indirectly with them communicating indecisively. Speaking generally, they communicate indirectly but firmly.

When your interaction with someone requires an interruption (they slow down while walking somewhere, stop reading a book, interrupt a workout, remove headphones, etc.), you have a very accurate gauge of their desire to speak to you. Also, you've given them an easy polite-yet-firm way to tell you to back off: they can just go back to working out, listening to music, reading, etc.

For ex, I was chatting with a girl while we were waiting for our cars to be serviced and she went back to reading her book fairly soon after i started talking to her (I initiated conversation twice). Obviously, there was no reason to continue chatting or initiate again.

Next time, just keep the chat going and see how long you keep her attention. If she goes back to perusing magazines, etc., just walk away. You have a very accurate measure of interest; use it!

Probably because she offered no conversation and just said THANKS to be polite. So maybe she wasn't interested and was just saying thank you to the compliment and the OP got that vibe which maybe why he said nothing else
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 12:25 PM

223 posts, read 207,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairlift040 View Post
I used to be absolutely ****ty at meeting women (mainly AFTER college, not during college), but this was until I voluntarily got brainwashed with LoveSystems material and listening to Keys To The VIP for months on end. Now I do not apologize for picking up women nor approaching other women! If they don't like it, too bad!

Trust me, they do like it, if they don't then they are putting up a **** test and it's up to the guy to pass. Women want to be approached, otherwise they wouldn't be wearing all of that makeup and lament the loss of social leverage when they cross the rubicon at age 32 and also wouldn't be taking advantage of the social & monetary power they have as a result of the guy approaching and wanting sex more.

I have to be on my sharpest A game to ever approach in the day as opposed to the night or daytime social venue, but don't let a woman calling you a "creep" or an "awkward weirdo" stop you. 2 minutes later, as her emotions wildly change by living a life conveniently going through the motions in life, she will either be all over you, or someone else will.
What does this mean?

Old 03-02-2013, 06:25 PM

630 posts, read 1,047,824 times
chairlift you sound like a real douchebag

Old 03-03-2013, 10:26 AM

607 posts, read 855,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Probably because she offered no conversation and just said THANKS to be polite. So maybe she wasn't interested and was just saying thank you to the compliment and the OP got that vibe which maybe why he said nothing else
This is kind of the feeling I got, yes.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:45 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
This is kind of the feeling I got, yes.

Yeah if someone is interested they usually say something like........thanks, you are not bad yourself.

They offer some kind of statement to extend conversation.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:42 AM

50,519 posts, read 36,211,527 times
Quote:
Yeah if someone is interested they usually say something like........thanks, you are not bad yourself.

They offer some kind of statement to extend conversation.
He didn't compliment HER though, he just said "hey, cool nose ring" or similar...she's supposed to assume he is trying to ask her out from that, and then scan him for something to compliment him on too? I find that silly. I compliment strangers all the time, if I like a woman's boots or a guy's saying on his T-shirt, I say so. Most people don't assume I'm trying to pick them up just because I compliment them, they say "thanks" sometimes we converse a bit, and we go separate ways. It's very assumptive IMO to assume she should have known by someone saying they like her nose ring that they also like her and want to get to know her better.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:52 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
He didn't compliment HER though, he just said "hey, cool nose ring" or similar...she's supposed to assume he is trying to ask her out from that, and then scan him for something to compliment him on too? I find that silly. I compliment strangers all the time, if I like a woman's boots or a guy's saying on his T-shirt, I say so. Most people don't assume I'm trying to pick them up just because I compliment them, they say "thanks" sometimes we converse a bit, and we go separate ways. It's very assumptive IMO to assume she should have known by someone saying they like her nose ring that they also like her and want to get to know her better.

Well I don't think I would want an attractive woman complimenting me in public if she had no intentions on getting to know me. That would seem rather pointless to me.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:15 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,117,078 times
Quote:
Well I don't think I would want an attractive woman complimenting me in public if she had no intentions on getting to know me. That would seem rather pointless to me.
Not sure I'm following you there. So if she's attractive, she should only compliment you in order to size you up for a date?

Old 03-03-2013, 12:19 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
Not sure I'm following you there. So if she's attractive, she should only compliment you in order to size you up for a date?

I only want attention from attractive woman in public like most men. And If I do get approached by a pretty woman I hope she is stopping me because she has interest in getting to know me.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:27 PM

50,519 posts, read 36,211,527 times
Quote:
Why does it have to have a point to it? I just talk to people, in the supermarket line, the train station, even had conversations in the ladies restroom, just because it's fun...believe it or not, some people just interact with others without any attachment to outcome or agenda. Ironically, that's when the chances are more likely that you WILL meet someone who turns out to be more than a casual conversation, anyway. I once complimented an older man in the grocery who turned out to be a retired cop on his Eagles shirt (football), and 10 minutes of fun banter later, walked away with a signed FOP card.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships