Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 04:58 PM

80 posts, read 87,330 times

Advertisements

No, im not trolling this forum. Well..a couple of weeks ago I was asked at work, do i have any kids or whether i have a girlfriend. I replied "no. I've just stopped looking because i'm so weird to women. Whats the point" The same goes with family asking me when will i get a girlfriend?

The thing is that I am 28 and completely inexperienced with women. It's like women ( at least my age) have a preference for experience.. Between the ages of 15 and 23 I did ask a lot of women out...but I eventually got tired of being insulted teased and rejected by these women. Now it's been over 5 years that I haven't approached any girl...and never once has a woman approached me with any romantic interest...sometimes I feel very lonely but it's manageable.....so my question to you is:

if questioned again about my personal sex life...should I be honest or make up anything believable that comes to mind?

Old 03-04-2013, 05:11 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,694,025 times
Just be honest about it you don't have to explain the circumstances of your life to other people and you don't have to take their criticism as a sign that you have some how failed at life.

But do brace yourself for impact though.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:27 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Where do you live, that people at work ask you personal questions like that? I've never run into that. You can just say that you're still looking, or that you haven't found the lucky girl who will be your wife, or make a joke out of it. It's nobody's business. Read the other thread that's on this exact subject.
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...you-never.html This sounds a lot like your thread...

Old 03-04-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Where do you live, that people at work ask you personal questions like that? I've never run into that. You can just say that you're still looking, or that you haven't found the lucky girl who will be your wife, or make a joke out of it. It's nobody's business. Read the other thread that's on this exact subject.
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...you-never.html This sounds a lot like your thread...
I live in Michigan, where Detroit are extremely nosy. An area in which If a black guy dresses like a goth then he is judged by others to be odd.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:01 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trell B View Post
I live in Michigan, where Detroit are extremely nosy. An area in which If a black guy dresses like a goth then he is judged by others to be odd.
I think that would make you very interesting.

You can probably meet someone. Don't judge your potential on your awkward past. People tend to be more accepting the older they are.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:08 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
sounds pretty bleak,,,,,I'd pay for a few girls,,,get close, gain some confidence,

if asked about dating, i'd just say- im going for quality for quantity

Old 03-04-2013, 06:23 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Well the way you dress IS odd for your community, especially when you are 28 years old. You are being rejected for the way you look, and that rejection is why you dress that way in the first place. Isn't that what you want, to be a martyr? You revel in the rejection.... but maybe it is time to grow up? The Goth look is for moody teenagers, not grown men. You are pushing 30, come on.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:28 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,694,025 times
Quote:
Location Location Location

The more you embrace you the better it gets whether you date or not.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:30 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
No, im not trolling this forum. Well..a couple of weeks ago I was asked at work, do i have any kids or whether i have a girlfriend. I replied "no. I've just stopped looking because i'm so weird to women. Whats the point"
Interesting reply...

...I might have gone with, "No, I'm not seeing anyone right now. If you know anyone I'm not opposed to being set up"

Old 03-04-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Well the way you dress IS odd for your community, especially when you are 28 years old. You are being rejected for the way you look, and that rejection is why you dress that way in the first place. Isn't that what you want, to be a martyr? You revel in the rejection.... but maybe it is time to grow up? The Goth look is for moody teenagers, not grown men. You are pushing 30, come on.
Did i say "I" dress like a goth? No i did not. I said a "black man". Read please, and quit jumping to conclusions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.