Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 08:53 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Alot of guys do this because they don't want to be seen out in public with that girl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwoodsyall View Post
Really bro? (guy?), is that all you have to say? It's one method to an end among many others I hardly do it anymore anyways.
Guys wonder why women have trust issues and can't just 'relax' around men until they get to know them.

Could it possibly be because many men out there are like the above described? Because we're never sure if your intentions are pure, or if you're buttering us up to just have sex with us? Wondering if you think we're 'daytime pretty' or if you only take us to your 'favorite' Italian restaurant because you really like it, or you're afraid if we go anywhere else you may run into your friends and have to explain being with us.

Maybe it's because these things have happened to me, but this is why so many women are distrustful regarding dating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 09:04 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwoodsyall View Post
Really bro? (guy?), is that all you have to say?
It's all I chose to say.

Quote:
It's one method to an end among many others I hardly do it anymore anyways.
I'm still just glad that I've never had to resort to deceit to get a woman to have sex with me.
Whatever works for you

Old 03-06-2013, 05:26 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Guys wonder why women have trust issues and can't just 'relax' around men until they get to know them.

Could it possibly be because many men out there are like the above described? Because we're never sure if your intentions are pure, or if you're buttering us up to just have sex with us? Wondering if you think we're 'daytime pretty' or if you only take us to your 'favorite' Italian restaurant because you really like it, or you're afraid if we go anywhere else you may run into your friends and have to explain being with us.

Maybe it's because these things have happened to me, but this is why so many women are distrustful regarding dating.
As a man I can tell you we see some manipulation ourselves. Not that I can call bs on your thoughts though, I have known a number of men who would about say anything to get laid.

Not sure if the movie thing really qualifies though since the expectation of sex wouldn't catch many a woman by surprise and I'm thinking their answer would hinge on their desire to go there. Or not.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:57 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
And as a man I will tell you being "busy" is the biggest load of crap ever lol. Barrack Obama is busy, mark zuckerberg is busy, but they still found time to take the women who would later become their wives out on real dates.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:06 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
I'd say that when you have been involved dating to the point that you would be comfortable to ask them to come to your house and hang out, that would be the time. Not before.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:28 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
And as a man I will tell you being "busy" is the biggest load of crap ever lol. Barrack Obama is busy, mark zuckerberg is busy, but they still found time to take the women who would later become their wives out on real dates.
Totally agreed. Even when I was in school full time and working full time I still happily found time to spend with peopleI liked. My friend who lives here in Boston and works in NYC Sun-Thurs still manages to carve out 2 or 3 hours to hangout with me and believe me, he could easily be too busy.

The too busy excuse is bull for the most part.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:27 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,611,853 times
Maybe I've grown to be a prude, but I won't hang out at a guy's house to "watch a movie" until I'm ready to sleep with him. 2-3 months of dating him is comfortable for me.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:07 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragazza2011 View Post
Maybe I've grown to be a prude, but I won't hang out at a guy's house to "watch a movie" until I'm ready to sleep with him. 2-3 months of dating him is comfortable for me.
No your'e not a prude. I'm right there with you. Don't worry about the labels someone might put on you. I'm good after maybe 8 dates, but it's funny, the last player (only in hindsight did I realize he was one. Kind of exciting! A real live player hehe . I learned a lot.), I was going to let him on the 4th date. He had no clue because he viewed me as a prude and just didn't like me enough to follow through for that date so I dodged a bullet there I guess.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:00 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,523,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Ok, just venting here. Usually when a man asks me to 'come over and watch a movie' , and the last 3 have done it before I was ready to be all comfortable at their house (or mine), I usually tell them I like the theater. I find it annoying that in some cases they do not follow up to take me to the movie theater. I guess they didn't really want to watch a movie with me that bad lol. When do you think it's an appropriate time to "come over and watch movie?" I usually am asked after a 4th date, but it has been mentioned on 2nd and 3rds as well.
Nothing is more annoying than a woman trying to make me spend more money than I want to. If I asked you over its because I think you are a cool female, I don't feel like driving or dressing up. Id much rather you so NO then to suggest the movies. I hate when women do that.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:07 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,625 times
Depends on its going. Some dates go so well it speeds up well. And sometimes you're just not sure, which is why you may rather go to the movie in a less personal setting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships