Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 10:32 AM

92 posts, read 100,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalite View Post
as a female...personally...i don't think we have to do much other than show up. Lol! I mean...it seems almost natural for guys to want a relationship with us. Online or offline. It's kinda just...natural? Lol

i would suggest existing. Just exist.

....pipe down.

[fail]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 10:38 AM

1,755 posts, read 2,991,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFLG KING PIN View Post
....pipe down.

[fail]
Are you upset because I said, "as a female..." :/ Does the use of gender upset people now these days too?

I can only share from my own experiences. And I only shared from one side given the name of the thread. Excuse me for trying to streamline my feedback so as to remain on topic. :/

Old 03-05-2013, 12:14 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,472,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
i dont think thats true at all. if a guy in his late teens/20s meets a girl he really likes he's going to want to be in a relationship with her. hook ups are just something to do in the mean time.
Oh, sure, some guys will want that. I didn't mean to imply no man under 30 wants a relationship. He just might be harder to find right now than he will be in another decade or so.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:18 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,580,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocker_Spaniel_Lover View Post
No....I just see the guys who clean their shoes with their tongue being ignored.

"I can't get a man....I can't get a date".

Yeah...how many have you blown off this week?
The last time I was asked out on an actual date by a man was...probably 3 or 4 years ago...and he never ended up calling me. Not every woman has guys lined up around the corner, nor does she have guy friends pining after her hoping she'll notice them. I used to think this too and made moves/asked out a few of my guy friends who then laughed at me, looked grossed out that I would consider they were interested and lost a few solid friendships because of my idiocy.

What does a girl have to do to get a boyfriend? Look hot and be crazy, according to what I've seen.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:34 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,322,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
This is the girls version of that thread what can a guy do to get a gf.

Just to make a few things clear (so people don't get all personal on me):
-I'm not looking (I've had bfs, but some of my friends my age haven't, and I realize I can't give them any advice, because I felt like the bfs I've had were mainly accidents. We just happened to need the same things at the same time and thought the other person was right at that time. for me it was about timing, but if someone were actually looking, I wouldn't know what to tell them.)
-and please don't say just sleep with a guy. Because that does not make you their gf!
-umm and yes they shower, look decent, are smart girls, not virgins, but somehow the bf thing just isn't clicking for them. It seems fairly common these days actually. Maybe it's our hook up culture?
My advice to you would be to give guys a chance and not to write them off too quickly. I am not advocating that you abolish, or even lower, your standards. What I mean by this is don't make a final decision too soon. This could come in the form of continuing to chat with someone who initiates dialogue with you and started off a bit clumsy or doesn't have supermodel looks. If it gets to the point of a date, maybe you can go on a 2nd and/or 3rd date before deciding, even if the 1st date was not what you had hoped for.

I heard a phrase on YT about how 'the experience a girl has when she's with a guy' is the most important factor in how she feels about him and their potential relationship. I agree with this statement and, as you know, there's no way to gauge how your experience will be when you're with someone if you don't give someone a chance.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:35 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,630,165 times
1. Don't play games.
2. Give guys a chance. Women seem to have their set of ideals and don't deviate until later in life
3. Don't lie. If you tell a guy you had a good time and that you'd like to get together later... actually mean it. Don't let the guy call you and get his hopes up if you have no intention of following through. See #1
4. Exercise. You don't need to be a marathon runner, but by God, complaining about being on a diet and never working out doesn't get sympathy.
5. If you are on online dating fill your damn profile out. I'm tired of seeing people who have three things about them listed on their profile about who they are but a list of 40 things they want in a guy.
6. Be realistic. You're a 5 or 6. You're cute but pretty average. Just because you hooked up with a make 7 or 8 once while in college doesn't make you a 7 or 8 nor mean that any other 7 or 8 guys will be chasing you. If another 5 or 6 approaches you, consider it. See #2

7. Realize there are going to be some dealbreakers for guys. For me it's athleticism. I'm a runner and have been for a decade. I've been around thin girls running around in sports bras my entire adult life. Chances are if you aren't or weren't an athlete while in HS or College, you aren't going to understand the time and dedication I have to what I do, which over the years has become part of my lifestyle. I've had a few failed relationships where this was a big problem. It's not that I don't care about you, but I seriously physically crave that hour workout every day and get depressed when I don't get it in. Again, trying to explain that to someone who has never been an athlete in their life wouldn't really make sense to them. It's not personal to you, just from my past experience

Old 03-05-2013, 05:32 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,038,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Other than being attracted to someone's outer appearance, I wouldn't put too much stock into someone that doesn't know me beyond my skin. I'm not going to be interested in you just because you're interested in me, that's too simplistic.

And what do you mean by "he" who never gives up? That sound creepy.
Doesn't know you? He's known them for years. Probably knows more about them then all of their boyfriends combined.......less husbands.

Creepy?

He's already proven he wants more then sex.

He's already proven he wants a LTR......the hook up guys beat it after a day or two.

He should hold a record for patience and stubborness too.

They even have done some nasty things to him, yet he still stands up and dusts himself off.

That guy is a winner....not our problem some of you gals are too dumb to see it.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:43 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,038,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
What can a girl do to get a boyfriend?..She should be willing to see the man inside the clothes..she could try and see what the guy does for her, not what he looks like, or what car he drives, or how much money he makes..I find the OPs words "if it isn't there, it isn't there" kinda curious....How would you even know that? unless of course it's the appearance of what the man is/has that is the attracting feature...and ,sadly, that seems to be a leading factor and takes precedence over any substance that someone else who's maybe not considered as physically attractive might have.
That's also true. Many of these guys are ignored and could even be eights. Sorry....they want a ten.....not just a ten, but a fragile man who makes seven figures a year.

Yeah, well the eight with the F-250 SD that makes 50k can beat his ass......

Old 03-06-2013, 03:16 PM

3,494 posts, read 4,663,141 times
Quote:
That's also true. Many of these guys are ignored and could even be eights. Sorry....they want a ten.....not just a ten, but a fragile man who makes seven figures a year.

Yeah, well the eight with the F-250 SD that makes 50k can beat his ass......
You can get a gun for a couple hundred dollars....

Old 03-06-2013, 03:18 PM

29,699 posts, read 34,240,753 times
Quote:
Doesn't know you? He's known them for years. Probably knows more about them then all of their boyfriends combined.......less husbands.

Creepy?

He's already proven he wants more then sex.

He's already proven he wants a LTR......the hook up guys beat it after a day or two.

He should hold a record for patience and stubborness too.

They even have done some nasty things to him, yet he still stands up and dusts himself off.

That guy is a winner....not our problem some of you gals are too dumb to see it.
Who is "he"? You're making up some guy who doesn't exist in the lives of plenty of women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships