Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 10:27 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,588,923 times

Advertisements

I have to think about the happiest times of my life, and when I think about it, they were all points and times when I didn't focus on my love life. When I was 19 all I did was focus on my career, same as when I was 26, also the same as when I was 32. I remember I was very happy before I left Atlanta for Seattle. I have a little woman I'd tap here and there, but I didn't focus on love. I was 't interested in anyone. And my first month or two in Seattle I was happy.

But now I'm miserable because I'm being forced to worry about my love life. I'm a practical man, I'm not a big romantic, I don't have any creativity, etc. I can really only tell a woman how I feel about her, and hope that's enough. It never is. And when my feelings for someone is unrequited, I feel miserable. I was seeing a younger lady in Seattle who I developed feelings for. It never got off to a good start, and ended about a month ago. Every since she came into my life, I've been miserable. Maybe it is because I love her, who knows. I just know I've felt this miserable before, and this is the misery that come from love.

I look at a lot of post about relationships, and all I see is misery not happiness. I see doubt and uncertainty. I don't see this great thing called love that's suppose to be so surreal. Some people think love is worth it, but I don't think it is. When I could just focus on my career and money, I am happy. But love sucks. I hate love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 10:33 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,311 times
sleep it off.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:35 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I have to think about the happiest times of my life, and when I think about it, they were all points and times when I didn't focus on my love life. When I was 19 all I did was focus on my career, same as when I was 26, also the same as when I was 32. I remember I was very happy before I left Atlanta for Seattle. I have a little woman I'd tap here and there, but I didn't focus on love. I was 't interested in anyone. And my first month or two in Seattle I was happy.

But now I'm miserable because I'm being forced to worry about my love life. I'm a practical man, I'm not a big romantic, I don't have any creativity, etc. I can really only tell a woman how I feel about her, and hope that's enough. It never is. And when my feelings for someone is unrequited, I feel miserable. I was seeing a younger lady in Seattle who I developed feelings for. It never got off to a good start, and ended about a month ago. Every since she came into my life, I've been miserable. Maybe it is because I love her, who knows. I just know I've felt this miserable before, and this is the misery that come from love.

I look at a lot of post about relationships, and all I see is misery not happiness. I see doubt and uncertainty. I don't see this great thing called love that's suppose to be so surreal. Some people think love is worth it, but I don't think it is. When I could just focus on my career and money, I am happy. But love sucks. I hate love.
Sounds like you actually hate the lack of love.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
When people are miserable together - they are not in love.

You seem to be miserable because you don't have love as opposed to what your title would suggest.

Oh - and love IS worth it.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:46 PM

39,223 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:

I look at a lot of post about relationships, and all I see is misery not happiness. I see doubt and uncertainty.
I hope you are not talking about the posts here.
All I see is comedy. =)

Old 03-04-2013, 11:44 PM

30 posts, read 49,145 times
If you're happy
And you know it,
Clap your hands...

Old 03-04-2013, 11:56 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,478,979 times
If someone is in a relationship where they really love the other person and they are also loved, it can be wonderful. It sounds like you love someone and she does not feel the same way with you, so in that case you are miserable because you want her to be in love with you and she isn't. It really isn't love itself that is causing you misery, it is this particular situation that you are in that is not fufilling. Some people do better alone than others. Maybe you are one of these people, but as you grow older you may find yourself getting lonely for the company of a woman.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:39 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:

Who is forcing you to worry about your lovelife? There is no law saying you have to dwell on it.

And love should not be miserable. If it is, you're doing it wrong. You're either with the wrong person, or you're not handling your relationship like an adult. Right now you're going through a break-up. Break-ups suck, but time will heal you.

As for the posts here, this forum is heavily skewed toward negativity and problems. That's because people come here looking for help. If no one had any problems or needed any help, we all wouldn't be here. Trust me: There are plenty of us out here who aren't miserable with love. It doesn't have to be that way, and you need to ask yourself why you have so many problems with it.

If you care to dwell on it, that is.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:41 AM

39,223 posts, read 27,597,823 times
This is for you bran, cheers

11 One flight down - Norah Jones - YouTube

=)

Old 03-05-2013, 02:47 AM

260 posts, read 473,134 times
"Some people fall in love and touch the sky, some people fall in love and find quicksand" (Quicksand/Incubus)
That's what I always think of. There are doomed type lovers and happy-sappy lovers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships