Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 12:51 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,986,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
One of them was a transient for sure, Canada. Another a local. Can't say about the others. But that makes sense, however, my experience in Dallas has been different. Looking back, the vast majority have been natives. Ex wife was born and raised in Dallas, as was the last 2 gf's. I did date a woman living in Dallas from Chicago back in 06, and there was the girl from Manhattan, but by and large, all were locals. Strange. Meanwhile, i've never been in a relationship with anyone from my homestate, however, only 3 of those years could be construed as "datable" as I was a kid the rest, lol.
Interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 05:08 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,986,231 times
I heard good stuff about small cities especially those taht have plenty of women.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:14 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,411,985 times
I feel your pain. I live in Pueblo, Colorado and while I love the city its only 110,000 people so its hard to meet guys to date.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:23 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,580,565 times
Moved from a place where the entire COUNTY had less than 250,000 people in it. The town I was in had 600 people, the one I lived in before that had 24,000. The largest city in our county only had 44,000.... and nearly 3/4 of those were college age students.

Dating purgatory for anyone over the age of 25.

I moved to a larger city and while I haven't met anyone yet, I do feel like there is a larger pool to fish from, if that makes sense.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:58 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,472,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob100 View Post
Living in Gary Indiana really suck sometimes. I find it incredibly hard to meet people (women) on a regular basis in my very small city. I tried going out to Chicago to meet women but every time they find out I live a few cities over they have a problem with it. It seems like if I don't get a big social circle going, I'm screwed. I have the same problem with online dating with my city. I'm really considering moving to a bigger city to fix this problem.

Any tips guys?

And Gary has no hotspots!
I suspect the Chicago women you've met don't have a problem that you live "a few cities over." They probably have a problem with the fact you live Gary. Gary has a HORRIBLE reputation in Chicago. People see it as a miserable, crime-ridden cesspool, and do everything they can to give it a wide berth. The fact they might ever have to go to Gary during the course of dating you probably terrifies many of them. Move.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:36 PM

727 posts, read 1,530,493 times
There is definitely a correlation between the size of a metropolis and the success of dating. My dating life (and social life for that matter) was most active when I was living in the Washington DC area. Since the focus of the forum seems to be on Chicago I definitely agree it's also a good dating city. I visited for a weekend once, and not only did I meet a lot of wonderful women, but I fit in like a local! I ended up in a bar on the north side, and met some people. This one guy and I just started talking, and he started buying me drinks! Chicago is bigger than DC, so I definitely see the correlation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships