Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you date a younger man/guy?
Yes 9 81.82%
No 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 11:43 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,212,471 times

Advertisements

This has nothing to do with age. Just find someone whose life is similar to yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 11:49 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,931,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardasice View Post

... I can't help it, it bothers me. And I feel like such a bad person...'cause he really is sweet (for a change... ), and I can see that he's trying...
He's only a year younger (so what's the big deal right?!) but there's a huge gap in maturity...
I'm used to be the small and dependent one in the relationship, I'm used to guys having their own car, a stable job and guys who don't need to ask their parents' permission for everything.
I mean, I'm working full time, he's supposed to be a freshman in college (which he isn't).
As others have posted, a year's difference in age does NOT make you a "cougar." And, as a matter of fact, there's nothing wrong with that even if you were. The cougar thing is just a way for a certain group to put down older women. Are men who date women 5 or 10 years younger made to feel shamed or given a derogatory name? No. My Mother's second husband was ten years younger than her and they did just fine together. Nor did that relationship make my Mom a "bad person."

Your BF may just be immature, but that "supposed to be a freshman in college" when he's not is a red flag. Even a 6 year-old knows the difference between the truth and a lie. Also, why do you think so little of yourself that you would date a guy you are ashamed of? You ascribe your feelings of shame to a one year age difference when the truth is you're ashamed of being with someone who sounds like he's more into taking than to giving.

You deserve better, and I hope you will come to realize this. Please work on improving your self esteem instead of wasting your time on what will be a deadend. Why tie yourself yourself to someone you don't even want to be seen in public with when there's a lot of great guys out there who would love to have a nice gal like you for a GF?

You sound like a decent, responsible person and I really hope you'll find a better relationship.

Best wishes -
Rambler

Old 03-06-2013, 12:18 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
I hate to admit it but I don't want to introduce him to my brother or friends...I feel weird being seen with him in public ...I know it makes me a terrible person but I'm almost ashamed of dating him.
Ok, just stop seeing him then and go find someone who you aren't ashamed of.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:57 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
you are not a cougar.

Guys, guys, guys. If she wants to be a cougar, then let her be a cougar *sighs*. I want to be a lion, so I can be king of the jungle. We all have dreams. Don't destroy hers. It took her years to find a guy younger (albeit, by less than a year) so that she could scoop up that well earned/ deserved title. Who are we to ruin her dreams? Yes my dear, you are a cougar. And I am a lion! And I got to go because I am expecting my daily space ship to come and take me back to my real home. Planet Wurallfcked!

Old 03-06-2013, 01:30 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
IMO, you can't be a cougar until you are old enough to date men 15 years younger than you are and not be incarcerated for it.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:44 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Guys, guys, guys. If she wants to be a cougar, then let her be a cougar *sighs*. I want to be a lion, so I can be king of the jungle. We all have dreams. Don't destroy hers. It took her years to find a guy younger (albeit, by less than a year) so that she could scoop up that well earned/ deserved title. Who are we to ruin her dreams? Yes my dear, you are a cougar. And I am a lion! And I got to go because I am expecting my daily space ship to come and take me back to my real home. Planet Wurallfcked!
When I was younger, I remember seeing this discovery channel program on monkeys and how often they were getting laid by there mate, and I was like "If I were an animal, I'd want to be a monkey!" It didn't help that I was like 15 and I had my hormones were everywhere...literally..

Old 03-07-2013, 12:19 AM

541 posts, read 940,962 times
Quote:
So I started dating this younger guy...
Wrote about him before, but it was all a misunderstanding so we're cool now...
The only problem is...it bothers me that he's younger.
Even though I lied to him when he asked me at first, then kind of tried to explain...
I can't help it, it bothers me. And I feel like such a bad person...'cause he really is sweet (for a change... ), and I can see that he's trying...
He's only a year younger (so what's the big deal right?!) but there's a huge gap in maturity...
I'm used to be the small and dependent one in the relationship, I'm used to guys having their own car, a stable job and guys who don't need to ask their parents' permission for everything.
I mean, I'm working full time, he's supposed to be a freshman in college (which he isn't).
I live in the "real world" where I have a lot to lose and lots of responsibilities, he's living the "high school life"...friends, parties, part time jobs...
I mean he's really smart and there are times when I really don't feel the age difference and yet...
I hate to admit it but I don't want to introduce him to my brother or friends...I feel weird being seen with him in public ...I know it makes me a terrible person but I'm almost ashamed of dating him.
Even though he's smart, sweet, caring...and handsome as well.
You can see he's younger than me...I look at least 5 years older than my real age, and he looks just like he is...a kid.
I know it's only a year but god do I feel like a cougar...I just look at him and think to myself "god, I'm dating a kid. Am I out of my mind?"

IF YOU feel this way about his lifestyle or where he is as a person... then why are you with him? dump him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships