Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 03:04 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,041,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I don't know a single person who doesn't have a friend of the opposite sex.
Women hate me.....I have the "points" to prove it.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 03:15 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,282,508 times
I have a number of female friends. Some are good friends, that I don't have any attraction to. Others are good friends I am attracted to, but don't act on. Others are acquaintances who I don't have any attraction to. And finally others are acquaintances who I am attracted to. Might be easier to explain with a few ven diagrams.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:17 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocker_Spaniel_Lover View Post
Women hate me.....I have the "points" to prove it.........
Ok

I guess I haven't associated with anyone that all members of a sex universally hate.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:41 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
I don't mind if a guy has female friends. He has a life before me, and I respect that. BUT... those female friends should be respectful of our relationship. If he has a best female friend, then I want to meet her. I also think that people in relationships have to be respectful towards the other person when it comes to opposite sex friends. If a guy is single, then sure he can go over to his female friend's house and watch movies just the two of them alone all night. But IMO, if he has a girlfriend that just isn't respectful to the relationship. I would also be wary of opposite sex friendships that start after the relationship. For example, if your boyfriend or husband suddenly becomes close to a female coworker and starts hanging out with them alone and/or texting/calling them all the time, then no, that isn't acceptable.

It's really unique to each person what they are comfortable with. There may be chicks out there that wouldn't bat an eye for their guy to have movie night with a female friend. There may be chicks out there that wouldn't want their guy around another female anywhere ever. In my experience, the best way to handle opposite sex friends is know your boundaries and choose a partner who respects them.

Last edited by strawberrykiki; 03-06-2013 at 03:41 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 03-06-2013, 03:45 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocker_Spaniel_Lover View Post
Of course not...you're too soft to hang with the men.....
Ah yes.

Real men...women hate them

Old 03-06-2013, 04:06 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times
There are people who are secure in themselves and their relationship, and those who are not. The secure people generally don't have paranoia about their SO having friends of a different gender.

We are secure. We have plenty of friends, both male and female. Some of these friends were even in relationships with us, some even in sexual <*gasp!*> relationships. They are now friends who respect our relationship and our boundaries. Sometimes we see them alone, sometimes together - ALL have become OUR friends, but that isn't a requirement, just a bonus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships