Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 05:24 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,001,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trell B View Post
A love-shy or incel boy (which is ME) enters puberty and suddenly is interested in girls. And I'm not alone, suddenly all my peers are as well. However, I quickly learn there is something wrong as most of my friends go on to have normal dating experiences, and sex and relationships at all the appropriate times in their youth while I am unable to. If I am LS it is because I am unable to approach them. Otherwise, i would have done everything saw my more successful peers do, But yet I get constantly, inexplicably rejected.

Now I was the nicest guy you would ever meet. And I was just as nice to the girls. Not because I wanted to get in their pants. I just want a normal relationship. Dating. Companionship. What all of MY peers have.

But it never happened. Instead, I saw the boys who were the most obnoxious, the biggest bullies in the school, were the most successful with the girls. These girls would complain about how these guys treated them, and how much they wanted a nice guy. But I am completely invisible to them. When they finally broke up with the a-holes, they would move right along to another a-hole. Rinse and repeat. Throughout junior high. Throughout high school. Then I graduate and move off to the south, thinking at last I would get my due. But no, it was more of the same. Boy, was I f*cking wrong. It was even worse than high school. Ghetto hoodrat, stuck up, or redneck racist...All the more disturbing because these people were intelligent educated girls that should have known better. I can become friends with them, and end up friend-zoned... but I never get any further. And then I gets to listen to them ***** about the guy they are banging every weekend.

So another four to six years of my life goes by. I return home, ruined from recession, where I'm stuck playing FS2004, shooting ILS approaches in a computer generated Boeing 747-400 in my mother's basement while working a job that pays no living wage just to push a line of SHOPPING CARTS. And then back out into the "real world" where a man can't even ask out a girl where he works for fear of being fired for sexual harassment .Most of the women around are taken. And more and more of MY old friends are getting married and settled down, while I am still at square zero. And you don't think i have a right to be pissed off about that?

Nope you don't, YOU can change your situation IF you really want to or you can continue to live in your Mother's basement working a menial job you hate shooting virtual airplanes and whining on a public forum how rotten your life is and that you have the "right" to be peed off...........grow up as in become a MATURE, responsible ADULT and quit being such a whiny wuss baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 05:31 PM

80 posts, read 87,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Bummer, and we had so much going for us
However, I DO fly the Airbus A330/A340 (SMS/Overland). I fly the Boeing 737 or A320 on short hops between Detroit and Chicago. if going International, It is the A330 or Boeing 747

Old 03-06-2013, 05:48 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,154,564 times
Quote:
A love-shy or incel boy (which is ME) enters puberty and suddenly is interested in girls. And I'm not alone, suddenly all my peers are as well. However, I quickly learn there is something wrong as most of my friends go on to have normal dating experiences, and sex and relationships at all the appropriate times in their youth while I am unable to. If I am LS it is because I am unable to approach them. Otherwise, i would have done everything saw my more successful peers do, But yet I get constantly, inexplicably rejected.

Now I was the nicest guy you would ever meet. And I was just as nice to the girls. Not because I wanted to get in their pants. I just want a normal relationship. Dating. Companionship. What all of MY peers have.

But it never happened. Instead, I saw the boys who were the most obnoxious, the biggest bullies in the school, were the most successful with the girls. These girls would complain about how these guys treated them, and how much they wanted a nice guy. But I am completely invisible to them. When they finally broke up with the a-holes, they would move right along to another a-hole. Rinse and repeat. Throughout junior high. Throughout high school. Then I graduate and move off to the south, thinking at last I would get my due. But no, it was more of the same. Boy, was I f*cking wrong. It was even worse than high school. Ghetto hoodrat, stuck up, or redneck racist...All the more disturbing because these people were intelligent educated girls that should have known better. I can become friends with them, and end up friend-zoned... but I never get any further. And then I gets to listen to them ***** about the guy they are banging every weekend.

So another four to six years of my life goes by. I return home, ruined from recession, where I'm stuck playing FS2004, shooting ILS approaches in a computer generated Boeing 747-400 in my mother's basement while working a job that pays no living wage just to push a line of SHOPPING CARTS. And then back out into the "real world" where a man can't even ask out a girl where he works for fear of being fired for sexual harassment .Most of the women around are taken. And more and more of MY old friends are getting married and settled down, while I am still at square zero. And you don't think i have a right to be pissed off about that?
Who are you that you presume to know what we out here in the ether think? Are you a re-tread of another account? Or have other people already been telling you something about yourself that you deliberately choose to ignore?

But for the record, feelings are neither right nor wrong. It's what we do with them that matters. Apparently you think it's okay to wallow in your anger. I can promise you that it will get you nowhere. You need to sit back and look at yourself and your approach objectively. Here's what I see from the outside looking in:

1. You have entitlement issues. What do you mean you thought you would get your "due?" No one owes you dates, sex, or a relationship. You are "due" nothing.

2. You are attracted to idiots and drama queens. It doesn't matter that they had educations. They were stupid, as evidenced by their choice in men. I wonder how many shy, quiet, bookish girls you overlooked while you were hung up on the dopes who still didn't quite understand that when a man treats a woman poorly, it means he's a douche and he should be kicked curbside pronto.

3. You're measuring your life against your friends', which is always going to have you coming up wanting because no matter who you are and what you do, there will always be a buddy, coworker, neighbor, or relative who has already reached a goal you set for yourself and haven't yet attained. There will also always be someone richer, better looking, more successful with women, and just plain luckier with being in the right place at the right time for any number of things. As that has nothing to do with you, you might as well stop comparing your life to other people's. Furthermore, you don't know what crosses they bear, themselves.

4. No, men "can't even" ask out co-workers. Work is work, not a social club. Many, if not most, women do not take kindly to unwanted attention, and therefore tension, while they are trying to get their work done, establish themselves in their careers, and make something of themselves. Very few highly successful career women crap where they eat. And if you want your own career to take shape, you should focus on your work, yourself. Don't be that guy who hits on all of your coworkers. At worst you will end up on the wrong end of a sexual harassment suit, and at best you will become known as the office pig.

Once again, I link to this. Go forth, and turn yourself the kind of man women want to date.

6 Harsh Truths That Will Make You a Better Person | Cracked.com

Old 03-06-2013, 06:05 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,113,380 times
ah another nice guy thread. And also, is this love-shy thing real or is it made up?

Old 03-06-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Who are you that you presume to know what we out here in the ether think? Are you a re-tread of another account? Or have other people already been telling you something about yourself that you deliberately choose to ignore?

But for the record, feelings are neither right nor wrong. It's what we do with them that matters. Apparently you think it's okay to wallow in your anger. I can promise you that it will get you nowhere. You need to sit back and look at yourself and your approach objectively. Here's what I see from the outside looking in:

1. You have entitlement issues. What do you mean you thought you would get your "due?" No one owes you dates, sex, or a relationship. You are "due" nothing.

2. You are attracted to idiots and drama queens. It doesn't matter that they had educations. They were stupid, as evidenced by their choice in men. I wonder how many shy, quiet, bookish girls you overlooked while you were hung up on the dopes who still didn't quite understand that when a man treats a woman poorly, it means he's a douche and he should be kicked curbside pronto.

3. You're measuring your life against your friends', which is always going to have you coming up wanting because no matter who you are and what you do, there will always be a buddy, coworker, neighbor, or relative who has already reached a goal you set for yourself and haven't yet attained. There will also always be someone richer, better looking, more successful with women, and just plain luckier with being in the right place at the right time for any number of things. As that has nothing to do with you, you might as well stop comparing your life to other people's. Furthermore, you don't know what crosses they bear, themselves.

4. No, men "can't even" ask out co-workers. Work is work, not a social club. Many, if not most, women do not take kindly to unwanted attention, and therefore tension, while they are trying to get their work done, establish themselves in their careers, and make something of themselves. Very few highly successful career women crap where they eat. And if you want your own career to take shape, you should focus on your work, yourself. Don't be that guy who hits on all of your coworkers. At worst you will end up on the wrong end of a sexual harassment suit, and at best you will become known as the office pig.

Once again, I link to this. Go forth, and turn yourself the kind of man women want to date.

YOU APPARENTLY FAIL TO REALIZE THAT I GET OFF MY ASS TO DO ALL THESE THINGS AND IT ALWAYS FAILS. ALWAYS. ALWAYS. ALWAYS. ALWAYS.ALWAYS. ALWAYS.ALWAYS. ALWAYS.ALWAYS. ALWAYS.ALWAYS. ALWAYS MOTHERF*CKING FAILS. I'M TRAPPED IN A CYCLE OF ABUSE AND I GET OUT ONLY TO REPEAT THE SAME GODD*MN CYCLE. MY PARENT HAVE LET IT BE KNOW THAT THEY HATE ME. THEY HATE ME. ALL I JUST WANT IS A COMPANION WHO WILL ACCEPT AND LOVE ME, NOT BELITTLE BULLY, USE ME AND SLAP ME AROUND LIKE MY MOTHER, SISTERS AND APPARENTLY SOCIETY LIKE TO DO.

I understand Work is work, not a social club. I overlooked no one. I have approached shy, quiet, bookish girls only to be REJECTED. REJECTED. YOU FAIL TO REALIZE I STAY AWAY FROM DRAMA. "deliberately choose to ignore"? I barely go outside my bedroom other than to GO TO WORK.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
YOU APPARENTLY FAIL TO REALIZE THAT I GET OFF MY ASS TO DO ALL THESE THINGS AND IT ALWAYS FAILS. ALWAYS. ALWAYS. ALWAYS. ALWAYS.ALWAYS. ALWAYS.ALWAYS. ALWAYS.ALWAYS. ALWAYS.ALWAYS. ALWAYS MOTHERF*CKING FAILS. I'M TRAPPED IN A CYCLE OF ABUSE AND I GET OUT ONLY TO REPEAT THE SAME GODD*MN CYCLE. MY PARENT HAVE LET IT BE KNOW THAT THEY HATE ME. THEY HATE ME. ALL I JUST WANT IS A COMPANION WHO WILL ACCEPT AND LOVE ME, NOT BELITTLE BULLY, USE ME AND SLAP ME AROUND LIKE MY MOTHER, SISTERS AND APPARENTLY SOCIETY LIKE TO DO.

I understand Work is work, not a social club. I overlooked no one. I have approached shy, quiet, bookish girls only to be REJECTED. REJECTED. YOU FAIL TO REALIZE I STAY AWAY FROM DRAMA. "deliberately choose to ignore"? I barely go outside my bedroom other than to GO TO WORK.
Well, now I think we know why you are single: A propensity to become unhinged and throw a temper tantrum when someone tells you things you don't want to hear.

And emotional instability. You sound like this guy:

Oh, and if you are living with abusive parents, you need to find roommates to split the rent with and move out. Yes, even on minimum wage, if you live with two other guys, you should be able to swing something. Then you need to get yourself into counseling, because your victim mentality is going to see you still sitting in your room three years from now. Quit ranting and raving, get off your arse, and do it. Seriously.

And stop screaming in all caps. It's against TOS.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:23 PM

947 posts, read 1,182,482 times
Quote:

This. Good advice.

Life's no competition. There's always somebody out there who's going to be better, so focus on just being YOUR best.

I don't know if this love-shy thing is real either, but I was kind of stuck in the same situation at about 19 or 20, (angry, depressed, had trouble dating or making friends, etc.) but complaining about it never did much. At that time, I needed a therapist more than I needed a girlfriend.

Lighten up, gain some confidence, and the rest will fall into place. I sure did.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Well, now I think we know why you are single: A propensity to become unhinged and throw a temper tantrum when someone tells you things you don't want to hear.

Oh, and if you are living with abusive parents, you need to find roommates to split the rent with and move out. Yes, even on minimum wage, if you live with two other guys, you should be able to swing something. Then you need to get yourself into counseling, because your victim mentality is going to see you still sitting in your room three years from now. Quit ranting and raving, get off your arse, and do it. Seriously.

And stop screaming in all caps. It's against TOS.

You know what. I give up. I'm going to walk away now. I'm simply just going to walk away from the abuse. I'm simply just going to walk away from people. I'm simply just going to walk away from women. I'm simply just going to walk away from everything and just shut down. Clearly i am not accepted ANYwhere in this world, and YOU just proved my point.

YOU ARE RIGHT. Just like my abusive and narcissist mother. You are correct on me being some kind of creep/unhinged mental case. Thank you. YOU have a nice day.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
You know what. I give up. I'm going to walk away now.

Good idea, because I'm certainly not going to sit here and let you heap abuse on my head because you seem to think it's okay to take your frustrations out on women on the internet. I noticed that you didn't dare lip off like that to the men here.

Counseling. ASAP. Good luck.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:29 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,939,671 times
Good lord it's a damn forum full of people you'll never see in your lifetime and you throw a huge tantrum and decided that caps lock is a good idea to get your point across?

Yeah, I now side on the "you need counseling" crew, since you have a ton of issues that you need to sort out.

And this is an anonymous forum, if you can't deal with people being harsh and going straight to the truth of the issue, you shouldn't be here.

So until you suck it up and go find help, you will never be a man who's capable of dating and forming a real relationship with a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships