Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 04:30 PM

23 posts, read 71,118 times

Advertisements

Hello, I was just curious about this.

Maybe not everyone believes the friend zone exists but for those that do...why do you put certain men there?

Does it have to do with your attraction to the man?

Compatibility/Potential with the man based on personalities, traits, interests, beliefs, etc?

Availability? Maybe you're in a relationship...or he is in one...

Is it mainly one of these? All of the above? Something else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 04:36 PM

478 posts, read 810,063 times
I'm not a woman, but from observation the friend zone is usually reserved for the less attractive guys. Some below average looking guys of course do pretty well with women, but usually the guys in the friend zone are not hot studly types.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:40 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,817,403 times
It just means she is not interested in you romantically. She can still be attractive to you though.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:41 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,764,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktaadin View Post
I'm not a woman, but from observation the friend zone is usually reserved for the less attractive guys. Some below average looking guys of course do pretty well with women, but usually the guys in the friend zone are not hot studly types.
In the past, I've been rated between 7-8 on a looks scale of 10 by several ppl, but it took literally 30 years, before I was able to break out of being perpetually "friend-zoned" by gals. Been there...as to why exactly? I have no idea what causes it...

Old 07-04-2011, 04:46 PM

478 posts, read 810,063 times
Quote:
In the past, I've been rated between 7-8 on a looks scale of 10 by several ppl, but it took literally 30 years, before I was able to break out of being perpetually "friend-zoned" by gals. Been there...as to why exactly? I have no idea what causes it...
To be fair there will certainly be exceptions. My observation is simply based on my experiences with friends and acquaintances in high school and college. I would also add that a timid demeanor around girls seems to contribute to the problem.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:51 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
There's really no such thing as the Friend Zone, no matter what you'd like to think. If a woman isn't interested in you, she's not interested in you. There isn't some sort of magic formula that would make her want to sleep with you if she doesn't initially want to, or a certain time frame in which you have to do something in order to convince her to do so. If she likes you, you're in; if not, you're not.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:55 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,462,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee247 View Post
Hello, I was just curious about this.

Maybe not everyone believes the friend zone exists but for those that do...why do you put certain men there?

Does it have to do with your attraction to the man?

Compatibility/Potential with the man based on personalities, traits, interests, beliefs, etc?

Availability? Maybe you're in a relationship...or he is in one...

Is it mainly one of these? All of the above? Something else?
From my experience it is about my initial perception of where I want the relationship to go.

We may be compatible like best buds and I don't wanna sleep with him, he's a friend. And so he is put in the "friend" box. But as the relationship deepens I wouldn't discount a guy for a serious relationship if I was able to change my initial thought about the direction of our friendship.

Friends make the best lovers, more empathy because there is a higher level of care, and the sex is amazing.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:58 PM

They may also get bored; you may not ask her soon enough; acting like a P*s*y, too feminine, not her type, too clingy.

Old 07-04-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
There's really no such thing as the Friend Zone, no matter what you'd like to think. If a woman isn't interested in you, she's not interested in you. There isn't some sort of magic formula that would make her want to sleep with you if she doesn't initially want to, or a certain time frame in which you have to do something in order to convince her to do so. If she likes you, you're in; if not, you're not.
Then there is no League system either.

Friend Zone = Not interested but still want to be friends.

Old 07-04-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
From my experience it is about my initial perception of where I want the relationship to go.

We may be compatible like best buds and I don't wanna sleep with him, he's a friend. And so he is put in the "friend" box. But as the relationship deepens I wouldn't discount a guy for a serious relationship if I was able to change my initial thought about the direction of our friendship.

Friends make the best lovers, more empathy because there is a higher level of care, and the sex is amazing.
So you would keep him as a friend until you decide that you want a relationship with him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships