Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 05:35 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Thats pretty darn sweet of him

Back to th OP. Lying by roughly 3 times what he earns is ridiculus. I can see rounding up to 100k as being somewhat justifiable but 250k seems a little extreme. From personal experience 90+% of the women I have met online lied about their weight or the pics were very old or taken from a unique angle. Thats not even one of the areas thats a biggy to me, but it is what it is. I'm sure most men lie about their height.
The 250k is a big one though
Lol true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 05:37 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
From personal experience 90+% of the women I have met online lied about their weight or the pics were very old or taken from a unique angle.
It's much easier to catch someone in a lie about their appearance than their income or personality. With their appearance all you have to do is meet them in person quickly and see them.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:39 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Well, I will just tell you to tread carefully with this guy. He might be a super fantastic guy who just took some bad advice from friends, but in my experience, any one who lies to get attention will make more lies to get more attention.
Right you are, Sir. OP, you are not necessarily wrong to give this guy a chance. That's actually a very forgiving gesture that a lot of people would not make. I would consider this an admirable quality, but one that could come back around to burn you if you are not careful. Just keep your cards close to your chest because you don't know what other surprises await you with him.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
It's much easier to catch someone in a lie about their appearance than their income or personality. With their appearance all you have to do is meet them in person quickly and see them.
I completely agree with this srjth

I see absolutely no reasons whatsoever why would anybody lie about the way they look, unless of course, they have no intention of meeting anybody in person.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Right you are, Sir. OP, you are not necessarily wrong to give this guy a chance. That's actually a very forgiving gesture that a lot of people would not make. I would consider this an admirable quality, but one that could come back around to burn you if you are not careful. Just keep your cards close to your chest because you don't know what other surprises await you with him.
I understand this. thank you

Old 03-07-2013, 07:21 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I can understand his point of wanting more women to contact him, maybe exaggerating his income is his way of getting women's attention.

I still talk to him from time to time, and I am undecided if I really want to pursue this relationship If you were me, would you give him a chance? Let me know, thanks.
Let it ride.

If that's his way of getting a woman's attention, then he has serious issues relating to self-esteem and confidence.

Insecurity would be another issue, which then leads me to suspect he might be an abuser.....he's looking for a submissive woman and an high salary would be used to target and attract women who "want to be taken care of."

Speculating...

Mircea

Old 03-07-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Let it ride.

If that's his way of getting a woman's attention, then he has serious issues relating to self-esteem and confidence.

Insecurity would be another issue, which then leads me to suspect he might be an abuser.....he's looking for a submissive woman and an high salary would be used to target and attract women who "want to be taken care of."

Speculating...

Mircea
Interesting..

Old 03-07-2013, 07:48 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Lol!!!
More rationalization! Too funny.

Why the hell would you even be interested in people who care what your income is?

Do those people sound like they have good character?

And what kind of dbag puts their income on an internet dating site?
I have my income on my profile. I really do make between $40-50k. I put it on there, since everyone wants people to fill out their profiles as honest as possible. That's what I'm trying to do to the best of my knowledge.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:55 PM

521 posts, read 762,845 times
Surprised to read so many posters willing to give this guy a benefit of a doubt. If this were about a woman, lying about her sexual partners, most would be encouraging the guy to run FAR FAR away...ppl aren't as forgiving when women lie

Old 03-07-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
Surprised to read so many posters willing to give this guy a benefit of a doubt. If this were about a woman, lying about her sexual partners, most would be encouraging the guy to run FAR FAR away...ppl aren't as forgiving when women lie
bolded = I agree with 100%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships