Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2014, 04:43 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,868,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post

13,525 posts... You're really busy with nearly 2600 posts each year.

Not to mention how many times you posted in this thread over a course of a few hours.

Cut it out @burgler09

Epitomizes what this thread is about...

Moving right along...People who really choose (because it is a choice) to remain busy and/or make themselves busy just shouldn't try to entertain a serious, romantic relationship with non-busy people. Simple.

And non-busy people shouldn't get duped into believing they're gonna change a busy person's habits. It only has the possibility of changing or shifting IF you're Mr. or Ms./Mrs. Right.

I agree with some folks in here...

When it comes to OLD, "Busy," for mid 20s-late 30s, with no kids is more of a status or self-aggrandizing thing and a preemptive defense mechanism/distancing behavior, which is withdrawn only for a select few.

"Busy" for mothers with young children is BUSY... for real.

Busy for older women on the OLD market who remain the matriarch for the entire family is busy... for real.

The latter two I mentioned really have no reason to exaggerate their "busy-ness."

Excellent points. No need to broadcast... for people who are truly busy, their high level of busy will speak for itself.

After reading your comments in this thread, I'm concerned for you. For real.

Oh, and you average 10 posts a day, btw. More than 3500 a year in two years. How busy are you again?

Y'all are damn near flatlining me in this thread!

A lot of y'all don't know what busy is... frankly, if you have time to post several times a day throughout the course of the entire day. You're not really busy. Busy people don't have time to follow threads and make multiple postings throughout the day in real time, in 8-15 minute intervals on a damn city data forum.

Get real.

Never knew singles from CD were meeting... Learn something new everyday. She must have been one of the sane posters.

How long did y'all exchange messages/talk before deciding to meet?

Chatted through PM about a week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2014, 04:45 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Because in case they don't like you, you make them mad, they found someone more interesting or whatever excuse they need to not see you any longer, they can ALWAYS fall back on the "remember I told you I was a busy person when we first started talking". It's just a easy out excuse set at the beginning of the interaction. Nobody is that busy. If you truly are that busy a relationship is the last thing you should be getting involved in. Its a easy excuse that doesn't require any explanation or FTF contact to explain anything.
People always want to show how exciting their life is how they're going places and having so much fun doing it. Sure there are some like that but to lots of people "I'm busy" translates to going online after work and complaining how they can't find a meaningful relationship.
The I'm busy changes to I'm available when they like you and find you to be what they are looking for at the time.

GREAT POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. DAMM, I never thought of that and right now I am in a situation where I met a girl who really likes me and I have nothing to fall back on and use an excuse not to see her again. So now I am left with ignoring her or blocking her. But if I say from the door that I volunteer in the evenings and have other activities going on then I can always use that as something to fall back on

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS, I am about to change my profile right now

Old 05-17-2014, 05:46 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,055,697 times
I think most profiles make me look like a total lazy arse. I read their profiles and I think, "you do way too much, how would you have time for me? oh, I'm supposed to do that with you? yeah, no thanks". I'm more of a homebody. I don't need to go out everyday and all day on the weekend. So, when people brag about how busy they are or all the things they love doing on a weekly, or worse daily, basis, I say, "next".

Old 05-17-2014, 05:52 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
I think most profiles make me look like a total lazy arse. I read their profiles and I think, "you do way too much, how would you have time for me? oh, I'm supposed to do that with you? yeah, no thanks". I'm more of a homebody. I don't need to go out everyday and all day on the weekend. So, when people brag about how busy they are or all the things they love doing on a weekly, or worse daily, basis, I say, "next".

A poster explained a few pages ago that people say it so that just in case they don't like you they have a reason to not see you since you already knew how busy their schedule was before you met

Old 05-17-2014, 05:57 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,593,276 times
Quote:
Me too, quite frankly. I'm exhausted just reading about their life.

Old 05-17-2014, 05:59 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,780,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
If someone is really busy to date doesn't it make more sense to have a FWB and meet with him or her once a week?
Ultimately, this is what I do. Even less often lately.

Old 05-17-2014, 06:47 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,055,697 times
Quote:
A poster explained a few pages ago that people say it so that just in case they don't like you they have a reason to not see you since you already knew how busy their schedule was before you met
I understand and did see that. But some people write that they are busy doing "outdoorsy" things and well, they want you to join in. So if you're the type to do it with them, what excuse do they have? A runner can't say, "um, I'm busy running" when you offer to go with them and have gone with them all the time until they decide they dont' want you.

Now, busy life with work or other obligations, that I get. But busy cuz they're always out and about doing something, very different. Yeah, they can use it as an excuse, but who wouldn't see right through that?

Old 05-17-2014, 07:04 PM
FBJ

Quote:
I understand and did see that. But some people write that they are busy doing "outdoorsy" things and well, they want you to join in. So if you're the type to do it with them, what excuse do they have? A runner can't say, "um, I'm busy running" when you offer to go with them and have gone with them all the time until they decide they dont' want you.

Now, busy life with work or other obligations, that I get. But busy cuz they're always out and about doing something, very different. Yeah, they can use it as an excuse, but who wouldn't see right through that?
true that's why the call block feature is so popular LOL

Old 05-18-2014, 06:13 PM

527 posts, read 598,655 times
Quote:
I seen some girls say..........."I have 2 jobs" like they are bragging about it.

Two jobs mean you are struggling
Not necessarily. I have two jobs and make about $70K/yr. I know a physician with two jobs who makes about $250K/yr. This is fairly common these days.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:27 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucktownbabe View Post
Not necessarily. I have two jobs and make about $70K/yr. I know a physician with two jobs who makes about $250K/yr. This is fairly common these days.

what's the point of making all that money if you have no sparetime?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships