U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-10-2013, 05:08 AM
 
Location: H-town, TX.
3,503 posts, read 6,344,982 times
Reputation: 2232

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
I have seen this too many times on profiles.

If you're that busy, why are you "looking" for a relationship?


Is "being busy" some sort of a status symbol?
Good point. They will suddenly stop being busy if Mr Right crashed the party. Count on that.

OTOH, I am sure that "being busy (mysterious)" thing got stolen from one of those silly PUA sites from way back when. The idea was to give the illusion to everyone that doesn't give a flip that you are such an allegedly happenin' person and aren't home on any Friday or Saturday night. EVAR. Because who wants to give others the idea that they crash at home once in a while?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-10-2013, 05:22 AM
 
Location: California / Maryland / Cape May
1,548 posts, read 2,680,407 times
Reputation: 1241
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I seen some girls say..........."I have 2 jobs" like they are bragging about it.

Two jobs mean you are struggling
Two jobs, 15 hours each still equates to 30 hours per week, which is still less than one full-time job. They never say how many hours these multiple jobs are sucking from their lives, often less than the 70 hour weeks I was working. My cousin pulls this card all the time, "I have 4 jobs, yadda, yadda." Makes me eyeroll in my head.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2013, 08:31 AM
 
Location: a primitive state
10,443 posts, read 21,456,922 times
Reputation: 14286
"Busy" is a euphemism for wanting an easy way out of dating someone they are not interested in. If he/she is interested in you, all that busy is eliminated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2013, 08:54 AM
 
Location: Reno, NV
5,631 posts, read 9,086,774 times
Reputation: 9522
Just ignore such profiles unless they contact you. That always worked for me. In fact, about 95% of profiles can be skipped for one or more reasons, which makes it easy to focus on the few worth pursuing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2013, 09:52 AM
 
14,325 posts, read 15,416,074 times
Reputation: 42597
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I seen some girls say..........."I have 2 jobs" like they are bragging about it.

Two jobs mean you are struggling
No. Two jobs means you will do what is necessary to take care of yourself and you're not looking for some guy to take care of you.

You appear to think two jobs is something someone should be ashamed of.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2013, 09:56 AM
 
30,218 posts, read 36,695,457 times
Reputation: 40722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
I have seen this too many times on profiles.

If you're that busy, why are you "looking" for a relationship?

Is "being busy" some sort of a status symbol?
Of course not. Being a very busy person often means that you have limited time to spend going OUT, LOOKING for possibilities as far as a relationship.. Going online is easier for those people as they can search and get preliminary info while they are at home. I know..I am one of those "very busy" people. Online was a great option for me. That is one of the main reasons that online sites are so popular now. Many of us just have ridiculously full lives. And I wanted anyone that might be interested, to know that I have a fairly full plate...so I'm not looking for someone that needs attention 24/7!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2013, 09:57 AM
 
354 posts, read 473,781 times
Reputation: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
I have seen this too many times on profiles.

If you're that busy, why are you "looking" for a relationship?


Is "being busy" some sort of a status symbol?
AHHH that's why I said my husband is precious. He is the exact opposite. It states in his profile he has a LOT of free time so he's seeking same. LOL.

I myself actually think those 'busy' people online are full of it. They want to believe more like pretend they live in the fast lane. Spare me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2013, 09:58 AM
 
14,325 posts, read 15,416,074 times
Reputation: 42597
Um, I am busy. I own a house that requires maintenance. My job is a minimum of 50 hours a week. I have a lot of friends. I have a dog I'm training for competition and taking classes with. I'm on a pub trivia team. I enjoy creative writing and reading books. And now that it's spring and my injuries from the autumn have healed, my workout regime is starting up again.

I've never specifically state it in my online profile that I'm "busy," but I make it pretty clear my life has a lot going on in it. I will carve out time in my life for another person, for sure, but I'm not going to be expecting to be texting all day or talking on the phone for hours or seeing someone several times a week.

My current relationship is a little TOO hands-off for me (he's just as busy as I am), but that's way better than being with someone who I have to constantly turn down because they want to spend every moment together.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2013, 09:58 AM
 
30,218 posts, read 36,695,457 times
Reputation: 40722
Quote:
Originally Posted by msvalentine View Post
AHHH that's why I said my husband is precious. He is the exact opposite. It states in his profile he has a LOT of free time so he's seeking same. LOL.

I myself actually think those 'busy' people online are full of it. They want to believe more like pretend they live in the fast lane. Spare me.
Right.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2013, 09:59 AM
 
30,218 posts, read 36,695,457 times
Reputation: 40722
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Um, I am busy. I own a house that requires maintenance. My job is a minimum of 50 hours a week. I have a lot of friends. I have a dog I'm training for competition and taking classes with. I'm on a pub trivia team. I enjoy creative writing and reading books. And now that it's spring and my injuries from the autumn have healed, my workout regime is starting up again.

I've never specifically state it in my online profile that I'm "busy," but I make it pretty clear my life has a lot going on in it. I will carve out time in my life for another person, for sure, but I'm not going to be expecting to be texting all day or talking on the phone for hours or seeing someone several times a week.


My current relationship is a little TOO hands-off for me (he's just as busy as I am), but that's way better than being with someone who I have to constantly turn down because they want to spend every moment together.
Right there with ya!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:57 PM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top