U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 09:19 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,265,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyTXsmile View Post
Two jobs, 15 hours each still equates to 30 hours per week, which is still less than one full-time job. They never say how many hours these multiple jobs are sucking from their lives, often less than the 70 hour weeks I was working. My cousin pulls this card all the time, "I have 4 jobs, yadda, yadda." Makes me eyeroll in my head.
Europeans make fun of Americans because everybody knows in Europe that Americans are overworked, and that Americans wear the overworked badge on their shoulder with pride.

The live to work culture here in America is ridiculous. People work all year only to get 7/14 days paid vacation. Time away for maternity leave is also a joke.....

Longest Paid Vacations In Europe: Who Has The Best Deal?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 09:37 AM

4,684 posts, read 3,521,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
People really don't have leisure time these days. People are working sometimes 2 jobs, in addition to going to school. If they have children, then that's even more time taken away.....

Something that I've noticed online the last couple of weeks, is there has been an abundance of women with no car, yet barking off all these things the guy must do. I think there's just as many boneheaded guys online, but what is the deal with all the demands. I've seen profiles of women with no car, stay at home mom, and have 2 or 3 kids, yet they are looking for an all around great guy. You can't come to the table with nothing and expect to get everything. Makes you think everyone feels they deserve the world, yet putting nothing in of effort to obtain it.

Do women get the idea that since they have a vagina, they can get more than they deserve? If I was unemployed, living with my parents, and had a couple of kids, I wouldn't be expecting to get the attractive, career driven woman. I would be the water seeking my same level.

Last edited by weezerfan84; 03-12-2013 at 09:56 AM..

Old 03-12-2013, 09:55 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,265,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Something that I've noticed online the last couple of weeks, is their has been an abundance of women with no car, yet barking off all these things the guy must do. I think there's just as many boneheaded guys online, but what is the deal with all the demands. I've seen profiles of women with no car, stay at home mom, and have 2 or 3 kids, yet they are looking for an all around great guy. You can't come to the table with nothing and expect to get everything. Makes you think everyone feels they deserve the world, yet putting nothing in of effort to obtain it.

Do women get the idea that since they have a vagina, they can get more than they deserve? If I was unemployed, living with my parents, and had a couple of kids, I wouldn't be expecting to get the attractive, career driven woman. I would be the water seeking my same level.
Truth be told, a lot of these women are now in the position where they're paying the piper. When they were younger, they chose to be with the men who were irresponsible, reckless, and abusive. Their only hope now is to post desperate adverts online to try and find a good guy.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Truth be told, a lot of these women are now in the position where they're paying the piper. When they were younger, they chose to be with the men who were irresponsible, reckless, and abusive. Their only hope now is to post desperate adverts online to try and find a good guy.
That likely won't happen. If they guy has any sense, he wouldn't be interested in pursuing a relationship nightmare.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:30 AM

7,367 posts, read 13,435,974 times
I don't understand how super busy people expect to actually bond with a person if they only see them every few weeks and only on "free" days. Inviting you to experience parts of my life is just as important as me experiencing parts of yours, but there is no give and take like this when you date the super busy.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:52 AM

30,197 posts, read 36,678,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I don't understand how super busy people expect to actually bond with a person if they only see them every few weeks and only on "free" days. Inviting you to experience parts of my life is just as important as me experiencing parts of yours, but there is no give and take like this when you date the super busy.
Every few weeks would be ridiculous, I agree. Not much there to base a relationship on. That said, I suppose that people in a LDR must do this, and many seem to make it work.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:38 PM

10,058 posts, read 9,360,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
I guess I look at it differently, because in most cases, people really are busy especially during the week. Jobs, kids, other functions, take up a lot of a persons time. I think in most cases they are just letting people know up front, that I have a lot going on, and just be patient. If there is a connection, schedules will be worked out and time will be made. I think many of you are looking too hard at this.
My first impression is that some people are needy and expect to start off texting incessantly and get upset when they don't get immediate responses. Maybe this is a way of telling others you're not just sitting with your phone in your hand, available to be reply the second a text or email comes in?

I find many people very impatient these days and easily write off others for not replying fast enough or often enough.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:43 PM

1,882 posts, read 2,227,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
My first impression is that some people are needy and expect to start off texting incessantly and get upset when they don't get immediate responses. Maybe this is a way of telling others you're not just sitting with your phone in your hand, available to be reply the second a text or email comes in?

I find many people very impatient these days and easily write off others for not replying fast enough or often enough.

That is a good point as well. I think we have all come across people who jump all over you, for not responding back ASAP, not realizing that you may be in a meeting, your car, or heck, taking a nap. They take it really personal, if they don't get a response in a so called timely manner.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post

This is true as well. Lets not forget that we are in the technology age. Most people can respond to a text rather quickly, and if you can't respond quickly, than say so when you can. If I'm busy, I tell anyone that I'm in the middle of something and I'm not ignoring you. I want to be treated the way that I treat other people. There's nothing wrong with telling someone that you are busy with something and you will get back with them when you're done. It takes less time than what people want to allocate to it.

Some people just want to play the options game and not spare anyone's feelings. Like we have said here, when you have options, why settle down with any one person. If you have 5 people taking up 100% of your free time, why would you invest in 1 person taking up 20% of your time. If I found the right person, I would have no issues being in a 100% committed relationship. As of now, I'm having to juggle a few women, since I haven't found one that gives me what I want fully and vice versa.

Most people want what they feel they deserve, so the low hanging fruit wants the best available specimen. Nothing wrong with that, but with that mindset, comes disappointment.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:50 PM

2,761 posts, read 4,420,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
I have seen this too many times on profiles.

If you're that busy, why are you "looking" for a relationship?

Is "being busy" some sort of a status symbol?
I built a repor with a woman who was 'busy'.
She played volleyball 3 times a week, had a full time job, and a social life.
I spent a bit of time on the phone talking talking talking. I suggested we should go out on at least 2 seperate phone convo's. She declined, or basically said she was busy.

A few weeks go by, and I met up with a local friend who had a lot of success dating online.
We talked and realized we were both chatting with the same woman.
For fun (and motivation), I bet my friend that he couldn't get a date with her, as she was 'too busy'.
Not only did he take her out, but they got a little frisky. He actually told her about the bet with me, as she acknowledged talking with me. After they were frisky, she smiled and said "Enjoy your shot!" They both laughed.
He never did make me pay up, as he figured the fun was worth it, and in the end, more than anything, I LOST.
Turns out, she wasn't too interested in me, and was kind of wasting my time.
So basically, she had no problem talking on the phone with me for extended amounts of time, but she was too busy for coffee or something with me. But, with the right person, all bets were off.

This online dating is tricky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships