Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 05:53 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
I don't disagree with that, and that is the risk a person takes by being too busy to date. I'm not saying that people should give every busy bee a chance, especially if there are people who better fit their schedules, just saying that there are actually plenty of busy people out there, not just people making excuses.
If you are too busy to do something well, don't do it.
Especially if it involves other people who may count on or whose feelings hang in the balance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 08:49 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
If you are too busy to do something well, don't do it.
Especially if it involves other people who may count on or whose feelings hang in the balance.
People exaggerate how busy they are all the time. It's not limited to online dating; it happens at work and in other situations.

If someone really was too busy to date (no matter how much they liked someone), why would they join the site? If you interpret the statement as a word literalist, the person stating that 'I stay busy and don't have time (to date)' is not qualifying that statement by saying they don't have time to date losers or ugly people. That person is saying (s)he doesn't have time to date, period. Yet, they still took the time to join a site, take the time to login and potentially pay the fee.

It's total BS. Yeah, people are busy in the sense they have duties at work and home but they prioritize their time. It's like parents when their children are having difficulty; they make time for them, because the well-being of their children is a priority.

I would say ignore a statement like that, but chances are someone making that claim is playing games to begin with. Between seeking an ego boost and an easy excuse to reject you, they're likely to not be worth your time. I saw a girl last year who wasn't the best fit for me, but she was honest and did not play games. I really appreciated it and think others would appreciate that behavior as well. It goes a long way.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
I have seen this too many times on profiles.

If you're that busy, why are you "looking" for a relationship?

Is "being busy" some sort of a status symbol?
Use pictures of a male fitness model in your profile and see how busy the ladies are, haha! Total BS!

Old 03-11-2013, 10:08 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Obviously onw thing matters more than the other.

Frankly, as someone who spent a few years working 100 hours a week, I know what busy is.
And I know how you will do without one thing to go for the thing that matters most.
What I am saying is that often, it's extremely hard to choose. You really have never had tough time with that? Damn. I do...far too often. And I usually feel guilty no matter which way I go.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:21 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
What I am saying is that often, it's extremely hard to choose. You really have never had tough time with that? Damn. I do...far too often. And I usually feel guilty no matter which way I go.
No, I hear you.
It's a woman thing. We always feel pulled and we always feel responsible for not fulfilling everyone's needs.
But if this is a regular thing for you, I'd say you are in no position to add dating and the needs of THAT person into your life, either.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:42 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
Just don't let being busy impact your life of romance, if that is something that you're after. I work with ladies who have boyfriends, and are extremely busy, yet can always make 3-4 days a week to spend with their boyfriends. You have to want to make the time in order for it to work. That may mean you miss out on a basketball game, or weekly drinks with your friends.

When I'm in a relationship, the amount of time I spend with my friends goes way down. My friends are very important to me, but I'm not trying to make out or cuddle with my friends. It's all about priorities and I still say anyone who is busy all the time, is just scared, or not ready, to put themselves out there emotionally.

There's nothing wrong with that, but don't make yourself appear available, when really you're not.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Just don't let being busy impact your life of romance, if that is something that you're after. I work with ladies who have boyfriends, and are extremely busy, yet can always make 3-4 days a week to spend with their boyfriends. You have to want to make the time in order for it to work. That may mean you miss out on a basketball game, or weekly drinks with your friends.

When I'm in a relationship, the amount of time I spend with my friends goes way down. My friends are very important to me, but I'm not trying to make out or cuddle with my friends. It's all about priorities and I still say anyone who is busy all the time, is just scared, or not ready, to put themselves out there emotionally.

There's nothing wrong with that, but don't make yourself appear available, when really you're not.
The point is... they're not busy all the time. It's BS.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:35 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
The point is... they're not busy all the time. It's BS.
It's the time that we live in. A lot has changed over the last decade.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:06 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
I have seen this too many times on profiles.

If you're that busy, why are you "looking" for a relationship?

Is "being busy" some sort of a status symbol?
People really don't have leisure time these days. People are working sometimes 2 jobs, in addition to going to school. If they have children, then that's even more time taken away.....

Old 03-12-2013, 08:11 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
Dating sites are a waste of time unless you're ripped with a shirtless pic or a woman.
Yep average men are toast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships