Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2013, 03:32 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
It's the time that we live in. A lot has changed over the last decade.
I just got home and would be lucky to have worked an hour today while I was working until 11pm last night.

People are not always busy; they prioritize their time. If someone wants to see you, they'll work around their schedule and find time for it. If they give you the busy excuse, they're just being nice when they reject you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 04:58 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
People really don't have leisure time these days. People are working sometimes 2 jobs, in addition to going to school. If they have children, then that's even more time taken away.....

So that means they may only have time for sex

Old 03-12-2013, 05:00 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Something that I've noticed online the last couple of weeks, is there has been an abundance of women with no car, yet barking off all these things the guy must do. I think there's just as many boneheaded guys online, but what is the deal with all the demands. I've seen profiles of women with no car, stay at home mom, and have 2 or 3 kids, yet they are looking for an all around great guy. You can't come to the table with nothing and expect to get everything. Makes you think everyone feels they deserve the world, yet putting nothing in of effort to obtain it.

Do women get the idea that since they have a vagina, they can get more than they deserve? If I was unemployed, living with my parents, and had a couple of kids, I wouldn't be expecting to get the attractive, career driven woman. I would be the water seeking my same level.

That would be correct. That's why you see empty profiles by some of them. They feel that they have a"golden................" LOL

Old 03-12-2013, 05:36 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
I have seen this too many times on profiles.

If you're that busy, why are you "looking" for a relationship?

Is "being busy" some sort of a status symbol?
Actually, I'm too busy to bother with the dating sites.....

I'm too busy giving out free advice to people whether they want it or not..... On CD Forums.....

Old 04-14-2013, 06:32 AM

142 posts, read 394,766 times
that's your cue to move on to the next profile. These people are not looking for relationships.

My favorite are the ones who are constantly traveling and never in town for more than one or two days during the month yet wonder why they haven't found "mr or Ms right"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
I have seen this too many times on profiles.

If you're that busy, why are you "looking" for a relationship?

Is "being busy" some sort of a status symbol?

Old 04-14-2013, 06:51 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Because some people actually are very busy and don't get a whole lot of free time to get out...Sorry if that's a problem to you?

Old 04-14-2013, 11:04 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Because some people actually are very busy and don't get a whole lot of free time to get out...Sorry if that's a problem to you?

Well they shouldn't be on the market

Old 04-14-2013, 11:49 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Well they shouldn't be on the market
Why not? There are plenty of men AND women in this situation, those that want a relationship with someone that they can go out with once or twice a week maybe...see a movie, have dinner....whatever. Those people have just as much right to "be on the market" as you do.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:03 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Why not? There are plenty of men AND women in this situation, those that want a relationship with someone that they can go out with once or twice a week maybe...see a movie, have dinner....whatever. Those people have just as much right to "be on the market" as you do.

They can be on the "HIDDEN MARKET" and not a dating site.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:07 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
Good point. They will suddenly stop being busy if Mr Right crashed the party. Count on that.

OTOH, I am sure that "being busy (mysterious)" thing got stolen from one of those silly PUA sites from way back when. The idea was to give the illusion to everyone that doesn't give a flip that you are such an allegedly happenin' person and aren't home on any Friday or Saturday night. EVAR. Because who wants to give others the idea that they crash at home once in a while?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships