Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 02:16 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times

Advertisements

Not to sound conceited, but if you're overweight and homely looking, shouldn't you seek out a partner that is in the same boat? I'm glad the encounter wasn't terribly awkward (she didn't try to sit in my lap or anything and yes, drunk girls have attempted to do so before), but she was definitely invading my personal space when I was hanging out with my friends last weekend. And I didn't want to rude, but it did take her a while to pick up on my obvious non-verbal signals of annoyance/discomfort.

Isn't it a person's social responsibility to know where they stand and to not be weird when interacting with others? This goes for guys as well (actually it probably applies more to them as they are usually more aggressive in their approach of the opposite sex). First world problems suck.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 02:18 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,705 times
I've been hit on by teens (under 18) several times, the most recent one being around a month ago. Even after trying to explain the obvious age difference to them, they still wouldn't relent.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:21 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
What's perplexed me the most is when someone who was waaaay above my league acts as if they like me. It freaks me out and I run away. I think they must not be thinking this through.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:24 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Yes several times

Old 03-07-2013, 02:25 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
Some people say there's rank grades and some people don't. If there wasn't rank grades, people wouldn't react like the OP. I've been hit on by women that I didn't want to talk to me, but I'm never going to bury them for taking a chance. You really don't get anywhere in life, pumping your ego up while crushing someone elses. You can be polite, yet still get your point across.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:27 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Some people say there's rank grades and some people don't. If there wasn't rank grades, people wouldn't react like the OP. I've been hit on by women that I didn't want to talk to me, but I'm never going to bury them for taking a chance. You really don't get anywhere in life, pumping your ego up while crushing someone elses. You can be polite, yet still get your point across.
I completely agree with this.
This is class.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:27 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
What's perplexed me the most is when someone who was waaaay above my league acts as if they like me. It freaks me out and I run away. I think they must not be thinking this through.
Maybe this explains why some shy guys get flustered or run off when the woman they've been checking out or pining over approaches them and starts a convo.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:30 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Maybe this explains why some shy guys get flustered or run off when the woman they've been checking out or pining over approaches them and starts a convo.
Thanks, I've been turned down and I'll take the polite turn down compared to a rude one any day. I can read through the lines and tell the person isn't attracted to me, without having to tell me I'm not worthy of eating the dog crap, fresh out of her dogs rectum. To be rude just tells how much you are hurt for being turned down for something you feel you deserved. Not everyone is going to like you, but everyone should be able to respect you.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:32 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Maybe. Or maybe they're just afraid they're going to embarass themselves or muck it up. It's so much safer to just admire from afar. This proves that it even takes a certain degree of confidence to be the one who is approached.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:32 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Thanks, I've been turned down and I'll take the polite turn down compared to a rude one any day. I can read through the lines and tell the person isn't attracted to me, without having to tell me I'm not worthy of eating the dog crap, fresh out of her dogs rectum. To be rude just tells how much you are hurt for being turned down for something you feel you deserved. Not everyone is going to like you, but everyone should be able to respect you.
What does this have to do with what I posted??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships