Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 06:08 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
OP, please do not take it as a personal attack. I am sure your son is a great human being. But women generally don't care for a man who runs to his mom or dad for his marital problems. =(
But this does sound more than just that, don't you think?

It sounds like our OP's son might be having some kind of crisis actually.

If this were my kid, I'd be concerned and encouraging him to see a doctor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 06:12 PM

354 posts, read 517,779 times
It sounds like OP and son are the illogical type of religious people. You know the ones I myself am irritated to see being a Catholic myself.

It seems the OP's son thinks his wife is illogical for not being submissive to him. If that's the case, the REAL problem is your son not his wife.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:25 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
But this does sound more than just that, don't you think?

It sounds like our OP's son might be having some kind of crisis actually.

If this were my kid, I'd be concerned and encouraging him to see a doctor.
If my husband runs to his family and calls me illogical and stupid behind my back, I will lose respect towards him. Marriage involves two people, a husband and a wife, it has absolutely nothing to do with either party's parents or family members. I agree with other poster who said, op should stay out of it.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:39 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Until the OP comes back and tells us what the issue is, everything is merely conjecture on our part.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
the understanding problem is not hers it is his. see the lawyer before the marriage not after. she does not have to appreciate his logic, she has already picked her lawyer.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:03 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What could possibly be so important that it would bring a grown man to tears, AFTER prayer and meditation? Are they disagreeing on whether to have children? On whether she should work or not? What's the $50,000 question?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
On what issue...whether or not to have chilren?...what religion should they practice?...or the next American Idol? It depends if it's a deal breaker issue or just a difference of opinion...!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Until the OP comes back and tells us what the issue is, everything is merely conjecture on our part.
Aye, all around. Not sure what could be so earth-shatteringly important that wouldn't imply the son was either in denial or not paying attention in the first place when he married her, but as I'm well aware that sometimes people can and do pull a bait-and-switch, I'll refrain from categorizing him that way. My own ex thought he could convince me to have kids once we were married, even though I told him on our second or third date that I didn't want them and he swore up and down and left and right for the three years before we were married that he didn't want them either.

Still, the time to call the family with your perjoratives about your spouse is after you and your spouse call it quits. Asking fatherly advice man to man is one thing. Crying about how dumb you think your wife is is something else entirely.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:18 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,298,978 times
This is the problem with marriage. People A. dont take the time to discuss their differences/communicate before the "I do" and B. dont consider that people change.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:38 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,996,141 times
We can only assume here. Idk what the backstory is but something is very wrong in that relationship have him crying about the extent of his wife illogical ways. Very wrong and like you said idk how that wasn't noted before the marriage took place and even before engagement because its not difficult to notice someone's typical line of thought or pattern of thinking in my opinion. Did he not have discussions with his wife before marriage? So something is really wrong. Really really really wrong. Like BIG red flag wrong.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:42 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
If my husband runs to his family and calls me illogical and stupid behind my back, I will lose respect towards him. Marriage involves two people, a husband and a wife, it has absolutely nothing to do with either party's parents or family members. I agree with other poster who said, op should stay out of it.
Completely agree with you, and said in my first post on the thread that this marriage is heading for divorce with attitudes like the husband has because once a person has lost respect for their partner the marriage is doomed.

But then the OP added the part about his son basically crying and praying and meditating "for hours" and about how "rare" this is, and it just leads me to believe there is some kind of crisis going on here. I can understand the OP's concern for his son and hope he'll encourage him to talk to a professional.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:44 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Completely agree with you, and said in my first post on the thread that this marriage is heading for divorce with attitudes like the husband has because once a person has lost respect for their partner the marriage is doomed.

But then the OP added the part about his son basically crying and praying and meditating "for hours" and about how "rare" this is, and it just leads me to believe there is some kind of crisis going on here. I can understand the OP's concern for his son and hope he'll encourage him to talk to a professional.
True.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships