Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 11:36 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times

Advertisements

For the record, I don't think I've genuinely flirted with a single woman on here. There's been a couple where a joke or some such thing lead to flirting, but that's about it.

Carry on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 11:39 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,042,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
For the record, I don't think I've genuinely flirted with a single woman on here. There's been a couple where a joke or some such thing lead to flirting, but that's about it.

Carry on.
I have....all the time. I just have a trademark way of doing it. One of a kind...no one else has gotten it right or even came close.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocker_Spaniel_Lover View Post
I have....all the time. I just have a trademark way of doing it. One of a kind...no one else has gotten it right or even came close.
I don't do it because I don't give a ****. Genuine flirting (ie...working toward the goal) is a waste of time on a forum. I only think there are a couple women here locally to me and I'm either not interested in them or they're involved.

I save the flirting for real life.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:59 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,042,144 times
Quote:
I don't do it because I don't give a ****. Genuine flirting (ie...working toward the goal) is a waste of time on a forum. I only think there are a couple women here locally to me and I'm either not interested in them or they're involved.

I save the flirting for real life.
That's not what I see...it's a orgy up in here. Even write about it on another site. Relationship orgy fest.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:06 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
why do I have to suppress my sexuality because I am a woman?? maybe I am thinking the same thing about the guy--he is just a penis. I am not trying to cultivate a meaningful relationship with a strange man online; the dirty talk doesn't go beyond PMs. It's stimulating and fun to me,but if you don't like it, you can block them or just ignore the PMs.
Oh, so you treat other humans as nothing but genitalia. I see. Yet you complain in other threads about men doing that to you. You don't see the irony here?

Look, if you want to roll in a cesspit with pigs, that's your prerogative, but as I said before, thanks for teaching these slimeballs that objectification is okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I can't relate, but your point is entirely valid. Why do women have to be the masters of chastity and "class" (I'm really getting to hate that word)? Why shouldn't women enjoy shameless flirtatious and, dare I say it, erotic wordplay as much as we think the average man does? We are human, not sex guardians, only allowing passage to those who can answer these riddles three.

I may have been drinking, btdubs.
Because this is not the forum for it. If people want to engage in sleazy banter, they can go to Adult Friend Finder. People on C-D who are strolling about the forums shouldn't have to deal with idiots like that. I post here, but also Non-Romantic Relationships, Atheism and Agnosticism, Music, Other Topics, Movies, Books, etc. Yet a few morons seem to think that because I'm female, I should be open to receiving lewd commentary from strangers. Better yet, my profile says "In a Relationship." Not sure why someone would think I'd be open to raunchy talk regardless.

Here's a good rule of thumb: If you can expect to have a drink thrown in your face or be told to eff off for saying something to a stranger in the flesh, then don't say it online.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:10 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I can't relate, but your point is entirely valid. Why do women have to be the masters of chastity and "class" (I'm really getting to hate that word)? Why shouldn't women enjoy shameless flirtatious and, dare I say it, erotic wordplay as much as we think the average man does? We are human, not sex guardians, only allowing passage to those who can answer these riddles three.

I may have been drinking, btdubs.
Before you pass this bridge you see you must first answer first these questions 3.

I openly flirt with some women on here from time to time, but they haven't gone to DMs, and I'm not going to engage in that with just anyone.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocker_Spaniel_Lover View Post
That's not what I see...it's a orgy up in here. Even write about it on another site. Relationship orgy fest.
I've been posting here for about 5 years now, and it's certainly not anything close to any orgy. There's been a few hookups and even a couple marriages over the years, but that's about it.

That said, any hot and single women in the greater Tampa area looking to take their shot...inbox is open.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:16 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
I've been posting here for about 5 years now, and it's certainly not anything close to any orgy. There's been a few hookups and even a couple marriages over the years, but that's about it.

That said, any hot and single women in the greater Tampa area looking to take their shot...inbox is open.
marriages?!!!!!!!!

Old 03-08-2013, 12:16 AM

521 posts, read 762,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Oh, so you treat other humans as nothing but genitalia. I see. Yet you complain in other threads about men doing that to you. You don't see the irony here?

Look, if you want to roll in a cesspit with pigs, that's your prerogative, but as I said before, thanks for teaching these slimeballs that objectification is okay.
It's really not that serious and I only do it once every blue moon if I'm bored. I'm not as uptight as you, it doesn't even bother me when men look at my a$$ when I'm out in public, because they're men and they're going to look. As long as they don't touch me or anything I'm fine. I really think you need to loosen up a bit

Old 03-08-2013, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
marriages?!!!!!!!!
Yes. I know BeagleLady (from my home town and one of my favorite posters) married someone from here a year or so back. There were others too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships