Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 09:55 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times

Advertisements

I went to Target with some friends. We saw this "gem" on the shelf:
Make It Last Forever: The Dos and Don'ts (Zane Presents): Keith Sweat: 9781593094065: Amazon.com: Books

There were some priceless tips in there. Including my favorite. His advice on how woman can stand out to men while at the bar or whatever....

Spoiler
She should stand out by buying him a drink.

Apparently that is really unique.

We had a good laugh over this one.

And then there were the other obvious gems like:
Quote:
The way in which you interact with people outside of the relationship is also important. Some people are jealous types. If you're a jealous type, then you probably shouldn't date a social butterfly. Having said that, if you feel like you have to go through someone's things or you don't trust the person you're with, then you definitely shouldn't be in a relationship.
Source: Keith Sweat Talks Love Advice, New Relationship Book

I can't remember the other tips, but they caused about 10 minutes of hysterical laughter.

For the record.....

He is divorced and now in a custody battle.
On the up note, he gets points for keeping it quiet and out of the press. Especially considering his ex is on Real Housewives of Atlanta.

Chime in:
1. Men, does the tip above make a woman stand out?
2. Everyone: Are there any other relationship "gurus" that you can think of? (Ahem, Tyrese!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 10:02 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
After John Gray wrote the wildly successful "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" every man and their father thought they could write a book geared towards women who will listen to their subjective opinions (although presented as authoritative) about men and relationships. It reminds me of how men read PUA stuff recently.

I don't know why we need all these instructions and How-to's.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:19 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
I'm not entirely sure why you laughed at the drink line. If women are looking to get a man's attention, she should approach him and offer to buy him a drink. Why is that so funny again?

Old 03-07-2013, 10:19 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
After John Gray wrote the wildly successful "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" every man and their father thought they could write a book geared towards women who will listen to their subjective opinions (although presented as authoritative) about men and relationships. It reminds me of how men read PUA stuff recently.

I don't know why we need all these instructions and How-to's.
Especially when we have this forum.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I'm not entirely sure why you laughed at the drink line. If women are looking to get a man's attention, she should approach him and offer to buy him a drink. Why is that so funny again?
It was prefaced by a page about how men should never buy women drinks. And implied that he was so awesome women should be fawning all over him to buy the drinks. I wish I could find some excerpts from this book. The way it was written made it unintentionally hilarious....

Old 03-07-2013, 10:24 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Especially when we have this forum.
I actually like the forum better. Maybe because my attention span is too short. Women seem to love the "He's just not into you" book and also some book that Steve Harvey wrote. I usually can't get past 3 or 4 pages of books on relationships and have never finished any by a male or female. I like fiction though.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:26 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
It was prefaced by a page about how men should never buy women drinks. And implied that he was so awesome women should be fawning all over him to buy the drinks. I wish I could find some excerpts from this book. The way it was written made it unintentionally hilarious....
Don't give ol' Keith a hard time for trying a book gig. How else is he gonna pay alimony? When was his last successful album?

Old 03-08-2013, 02:23 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Don't give ol' Keith a hard time for trying a book gig. How else is he gonna pay alimony? When was his last successful album?
I wanted to say the same thing, reps for you.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:48 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,826,650 times
I was just going to say "I love that song!" but then I realized it's also a book. LOL! Well I agree with that. I actually don't think jealous types should be in relationships as they'll never be happy anyway, they'll always have something to be unhappy about. Jealous, clingy people definitely drive me away, I know that much.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I wanted to say the same thing, reps for you.
That's America for you. A little big of notoriety + bored publishers = instant book deal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships