Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 01:40 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
The scenario's are flawed, no one wants to be with someone they perceive as ugly...Now that doesn't mean that a person may find someone who most people consider ugly to be attractive, but you the picker cannot find the person ugly...average sure..but not ugly.

Also why is everything in the scenario so extreme? There are extremely attractive people who have the personality to back it up too you know...they are often taken/in demand though for obvious reasons.
You are very right. Average does not automatically = great personality, and attractive doesn't automatically = stupid and no personality.

That aside, as long as *I* think someone's attractive, it doesn't matter how the rest of the world views him, but if he doesn't have a good personality, a witty sense of humour and is compassionate and caring, what good is he?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 03:10 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Thank you. Finally, there are somebody who are not afraid of telling the truth for a change.
Sadly it seems on here there are usually nasty good looking guys or ugly nice guys. Most of the guys who were nasty on dating sites who contacted me to be nasty? all extremely ugly guys. Guys nasty to me in person? ugly. In my experience handsome men don't bother attacking other women because they have their choices. Likewise the handsome well off men I have encountered didn't have social issues at all. Unless they were from a wealthy family they had to earn that money and had to do it by climbing the corporate ladder, which doesn't favor socially awkward people.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:31 PM

31,045 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Depends on what you mean by ugly. I can find myself becoming more and more attracted based on personality but some factors will make sure they never become more, like obesity and poor hygiene. A man who is obese or has poor hygiene will never be a partner.

As for second guy it depends on what you mean by socially awkward. Do you mean shy? this would be fine. I don't care about money but if guy 1 is unambitious I doubt I would date him.

I rarely if ever encounter this to be honest because most of the handsome well off men I have known aren't socially awkward whereas the ugly, poor men I have encounter often tend to be and the ones I know also tend to be mean too.
That's because they get slapped around and get rejected so often they become Jaded. It's almost analogous to the woman who is jaded because she only dates users.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:33 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Sadly it seems on here there are usually nasty good looking guys or ugly nice guys. Most of the guys who were nasty on dating sites who contacted me to be nasty? all extremely ugly guys. Guys nasty to me in person? ugly. In my experience handsome men don't bother attacking other women because they have their choices. Likewise the handsome well off men I have encountered didn't have social issues at all. Unless they were from a wealthy family they had to earn that money and had to do it by climbing the corporate ladder, which doesn't favor socially awkward people.
on here?!

Where is the ugly guy? Where is the good looing one?

Old 03-08-2013, 03:36 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCountryTrip View Post
Please answer truthfully!

Ladies: let's say a below average male (basically your perception of ugly) approaches you in an appropriate setting. He doesn't have the huge salary or nice car but he gets by comfortably. He stirs up a conversation and you come to find out he has great social skills, is witty, great sense of humor, etc.

On the flipside, let's say an extremely attractive man (your perception of perfect) approaches you in an appropiate setting. He's got the big bucks, salary, looks. But after speaking you find out he lacks great social skills. He can sustain a conversation and all but doesn't tell many jokes, lacks a sense of humor, and is a bit socially awkward.

Which one do you take?

Men: A below average woman (your perception of ugly) moves in next door. You get on a hi and bye basis and she musters up the courage to ask you on a date. You agree. You come to find out she's a very sweet woman, knows how to have a good time, can tell she holds her own, has a great sense of humor.

On the flipside, an extremely attractive woman (your perception of perfect) moves in next door. You get on a hi and bye basis and she asks you on a date. You agree. While she's smoking hot, she's also kind of quiet, gives short sided replies, lacks a sense of humor, and is a bit awkward.

Which one do you take?

As a man, I'll take the attractive woman. Im not really into anything long term and could probably never shake the looks part.
This thread would have been much more easy if it was a poll in order to see the true color of many posters. As a guy I would choose an attractive woman but will string along the below average woman if the attractive woman does not work out, its always good to have a back up plan.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:06 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
That's because they get slapped around and get rejected so often they become Jaded. It's almost analogous to the woman who is jaded because she only dates users.
Then maybe those ugly men need to lower their standards and stop assuming they will get the same girl as a wealthy guy.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:15 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
This thread would have been much more easy if it was a poll in order to see the true color of many posters. As a guy I would choose an attractive woman but will string along the below average woman if the attractive woman does not work out, its always good to have a back up plan.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:28 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,936 times
I've never understood the point of choosing between scenarios. It's pretty unlikely you'd be forced to choose one or the other in real life. And even if the zombie apocalypse hits and you do have to choose, you could always go with neither and write off the human race.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:31 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
LOL, I'm an ugly guy with no choices and I'm not ugly or bitter to women. What does this make me?

Old 03-08-2013, 04:32 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
I've never understood the point of choosing between scenarios. It's pretty unlikely you'd be forced to choose one or the other in real life. And even if the zombie apocalypse hits and you do have to choose, you could always go with neither and write off the human race.
At the end of the day - people go for who they go for. Most people don't make a list of pros and cons about people they just met in their head. They are either interested in them or they aren't. And you can meet 5 people and not be interested in any of them - or meet one person and end up finding the love of your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships