Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 09:54 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times

Advertisements

Dating cheap ass women who refuse to pay for a date isn't a gender role issue. It's a choice you make to date these types of users. Try being a little more discerning about the women you ask out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 10:35 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I try not to put my hand washables or items that require dry cleaning in with the rest of the dirty laundry. Problem solved.
They weren't hand-washables or items that required dry cleaning so that doesn't really solve the problem of a red sock in light colored laundry. He doesn't get a free pass just because he plays dumb. If he wants to play games like that, I will too!

However, it wasn't really a problem. I just went online and clicked a few buttons and ordered 2 new dresses. He's more careful about doing the laundry now. He even cleans out pockets so we don't launder tissues, gum or crayons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
He should simply find a few women who feel as he does; not insist that everyone conform to his expectations.
I agree with you. OP, just make better choices. If you don't want to pay for all of the dates and that is her expectation, find someone different that aligns with your expectations.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:18 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
I don't know if this advice was given to woman in a magazine but from experience when a woman is interested they treat on Date number 3

Old 03-10-2013, 12:58 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I don't know if this advice was given to woman in a magazine but from experience when a woman is interested they treat on Date number 3
That's just a warmed-over version of the cliche "3-rd date rule". I can't believe you've never heard of that before. And btw, it's largely wishful thinking on the part of the guys. There are no rules. Women treat when they feel like it. Are you in Middle School?

Old 03-10-2013, 01:53 PM

210 posts, read 394,305 times
Women only want to be equal to men to receive higher pay, the competitive jobs, and to receive the same respect they have from others. Some women still like chivalry or grow up with old school traditions but that is not the case with americans anymore since everything is dutch here. However, with women being equal to men and being treated as men american women are much more independent now in their relationships as well. This could be the major reason why the divorce rate in america is increasing.

So when looking at it from that perspective.. guys should still be chivalrous to women and give them the respect they deserve regardless of their sex or income level. If a woman asks you out here in america it's expected they pay but anywhere else a guy is always expected to pay. Maybe you're not dating american girls? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob100 View Post

Now I make about 95,000 dollars a year. but yet the women I go out with make twice as much money sometimes. but then expect me to pay. if you want to be equal to men, everything must be equal. I think men need to stop paying for sex, which is contributing to most of the problem. we need to look at women like peers, and not sex objects. you get women who want to be equal to men, but yet won't pay for their own food. I have women who asked me out and won't pay. can someone please make me understand what the hell's going on?

and I have a feeling this is going to get worse when I move back to Chicago. I've been offered a better job and pay so its gonna get worse.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:57 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,414 times
Its nice enough weather to do laundry so I just through mine in. Whites, colors, everything, one load. I'm pretty sure I overloaded the washer too. *neener neener*

Old 03-10-2013, 02:08 PM

1,923 posts, read 2,409,227 times
I think it's unfair that a woman has the option of being a deadbeat while a man needs to have money to be seen as attractive. A common mentality in alot of women is that because they are female they believe it is the duty of a man to take care of them. OR the state. It's like an entitlement mentality that only women have. But ever since feminism started, women now have 2 options. They can be the deadbeat, or they can dispose of the man completely. Both are very damaging to our society and the family unit.

Old 03-10-2013, 02:12 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parried View Post
. But ever since feminism started, women now have 2 options. They can be the deadbeat, or they can dispose of the man completely. Both are very damaging to our society and the family unit.
Funny how you can only perceive negatives to this. Heaven forbid women should actually have options! What's the world coming to?

Old 03-10-2013, 02:14 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,693,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
To the men who think that gender roles are completely stupid and we need to evolve away from them ASAP: do you like women to shave their legs? Do you wish women in general wore skirts and pretty shoes more often? When somebody complains that modern women are losing their femininity, do you agree or disagree?

If you value specific traits in the feminine gender, you are not against gender roles.
No women are not losing their femininity. Men have been attracted women before skirts, pretty shoes and leg shaving. All that stuff is social not innate and gender roles do evolve they are not static.

What defines gender roles is up to the person because no one really follows them to a T so gender roles are as about as relevant as a person wants them to be.

Old 03-10-2013, 02:55 PM

1,923 posts, read 2,409,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Funny how you can only perceive negatives to this. Heaven forbid women should actually have options! What's the world coming to?
Heaven forbid men have options! What's the world coming to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships