Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 06:08 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Leaf View Post
Who's judging and name calling?
You. Although, the statement she quoted by you makes you sound like an ass so you really targeted yourself. Read it a couple of times and maybe it will dawn on you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 04:21 PM

438 posts, read 1,530,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
You. Although, the statement she quoted by you makes you sound like an ass so you really targeted yourself. Read it a couple of times and maybe it will dawn on you.

I've had the unfortunate experience of reading some of your post, and you sound like many things much worse than an ass.

The only reason I sound like an ass to you is because what I say may upset you, sorry, sounds like someones a little too defensive and can't handle the truth.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:05 PM

354 posts, read 517,779 times
Quote:
It's a thread topic I'm interested in, if you don't care why are you responding?
I will answer. Since I am ALWAYS online when I was active serial dater for 2-3 yrs. Coz most of my meets are 1 time only meets. I also don't msg guys I wait for them to msg me. I became addicted. Like a hard habit to break kinda. I also don't log out so like you said it automatically logs you off. So I've to log in several times in a day, LOL. Dunno why you've to stalk every girl that doesn't reply to you though. Not healthy.

POF literally means plenty of fish out there why so serious? err upset. I had my share of rejections too and I just shrug it off. Nothing you can really do if people chose to ignore you. THEY'RE NOT JUST INTO YOU. I think analyzing why is just a waste of time as opposed to KEEP ON FISHING til you get THE CATCH whose feelings for you is mutual! For me that's the ONLY way to forgo a relationship - it's MUTUAL!

Fortunately I met my husband on POF so I am off for good. Thank God.

Last edited by msvalentine; 03-10-2013 at 05:15 PM..

Old 03-10-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
I've had the unfortunate experience of reading some of your post, and you sound like many things much worse than an ass.

The only reason I sound like an ass to you is because what I say may upset you, sorry, sounds like someones a little too defensive and can't handle the truth.
Are you kidding? Sorry, but you're the one spending your days on dating sites looking for love (or whatever needs you have) tracking the going-ons of women who reject you. There's good reason for that and you're exactly where you should be.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:16 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Are you kidding? Sorry, but you're the one spending your days on dating sites looking for love (or whatever needs you have) tracking the going-ons of women who reject. There's good reason for that and you're exactly where you should be.

I see the same woman too but I can't say anything because I;m on there with them lol

Old 03-10-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I see the same woman too but I can't say anything because I;m on there with them lol
Well, obviously he's in the same boat, so who knows why he has an issue with it.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:42 PM

1,758 posts, read 3,833,049 times
Quote:
It's not a silly theory it's a fact of life. You get logged out automatically after a certain amount of time passes without any activity. Besides, how do you explain being online day after day, month after month, year after year?

Just out of curiosity, how do you explain your habit of tracking people, online, day after day, month after month?

"They spend countless days and month after month searching for someone that only exits in their imagination? It seems like these women are stuck in fantasy mode."
-- (As if men are not?) Gee, I have never, ever, (sarcasm) met a man that could be described that way. I have noticed not a few men's looks going South, too. Especially in my region! If their lifestyles and smoking, drinking, and poor diet don't kill them, they sure do look used-up and worn out by age 50 at the latest.

As for the same people who keep looking, I'll tell you why that happens in little run-down Rust Belt towns like mine: If you don't look, you will never find. It's work. The dating pool is very small, and very, very stagnant. These towns here are rural, small, aged, and have a declining and downwardly-mobile population. There is no influx of people for jobs or anything else. The singles here already know each other, most likely have known each other for years, and they are not interested in each other, but they are looking for new faces. And about the only way a new one happens to hit the scene is if someone becomes a widow or widower. Seriously. Decent small town peeps marry young, spend all of their lives raising generations of children, and don't divorce. Those with money problem or drug and alcohol problems or are not successful at remaining monogamous, or who just married for either sex or a meal ticket do divorce, because they are bad at relationships, but they are not worth anyone's time to date.

I don't try to date here (here, in these dead-end towns of poverty and despair), because there is nobody here for me to date, and I have nothing in common with the singles here, either. There used to be a core group of women who organized POF parties on a regular basis. It's been, like, 4 years since I even looked in on that scene, but the last party was July or August, and the organizer said over 94 people said they'd be there, and only 35 showed up. That's the kind of weird people we've got here. Useless.

Last edited by SorryIMovedBack; 03-10-2013 at 05:54 PM..

Old 03-10-2013, 05:42 PM

50,710 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msvalentine View Post
I will answer. Since I am ALWAYS online when I was active serial dater for 2-3 yrs. Coz most of my meets are 1 time only meets. I also don't msg guys I wait for them to msg me. I became addicted. Like a hard habit to break kinda. I also don't log out so like you said it automatically logs you off. So I've to log in several times in a day, LOL. Dunno why you've to stalk every girl that doesn't reply to you though. Not healthy.

POF literally means plenty of fish out there why so serious? err upset. I had my share of rejections too and I just shrug it off. Nothing you can really do if people chose to ignore you. THEY'RE NOT JUST INTO YOU. I think analyzing why is just a waste of time as opposed to KEEP ON FISHING til you get THE CATCH whose feelings for you is mutual! For me that's the ONLY way to forgo a relationship - it's MUTUAL!

Fortunately I met my husband on POF so I am off for good. Thank God.
Exactly! I practiced a lot of "letting go" techniques, and got to a stage where I could just have faith that the right person would come along when he was supposed to, and if a guy rejected me it just meant he was not the one who I was meant to be with, but I was now one closer to the right one. When I was able to adopt that outlook and really believe it, that is when I met my honey.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:51 PM

1,758 posts, read 3,833,049 times
Quote:
No they don't look that good. If they were drop dead gorgeous then that would be my suspicion.
Some are prostitutes or the law, trying to catch the johns, would be another good guess. Just sayin', things are not always as they seem. When I was on POF, I had some contacts from oddballs who were either hopeless perverts or cops fishing for prostitutes, lol. What I noticed was that their profiles would disappear, or the photo would be changed to a totally different man's picture in some short period of time.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:27 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:

It may be your truth, but it's not a universal truth.

I just get sick of the double standard where men can go out and do basically whatever they want but women get shamed if they so much as kiss on the first date. Of course, if they don't then they're considered prudes.

It's lose-lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships