Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 02:55 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,007,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Be patient. Your time will come.
I really hope it does, but some days it feels tough and lonely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 03:33 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,992 times
Go online. Look for older ladies (within the decade) and consider traveling a short distance to meet someone interesting.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:03 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
Prospects will open up once you get to the U of Az campus. In the meantime, look at it this way; for now, without the distractions of dating, breakups, etc., you're able to focus on your schoolwork and work. After all the turmoil you went through before starting college, this is probably the best thing for you--a quiet, calm spell. Dating doesn't automatically result in a happy relationship, or any relationship, you know. It can be messy, or frustrating. As you may have gathered from reading some of the threads, or even just the thread titles here from time to time, it can be a bit of a mine field out there. Count your blessings.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:26 PM

11,363 posts, read 9,275,640 times
Quote:
Don't assume it will because for many it won't. Best to not think about it and be a best friend to yourself. When it comes down to it you are the only one you can rely on.

I've had more problems in dealing with people who are very religious. Not saying they are all like that but they are some of the worst people I have dealt with in my life.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Prospects will open up once you get to the U of Az campus. In the meantime, look at it this way; for now, without the distractions of dating, breakups, etc., you're able to focus on your schoolwork and work. After all the turmoil you went through before starting college, this is probably the best thing for you--a quiet, calm spell. Dating doesn't automatically result in a happy relationship, or any relationship, you know. It can be messy, or frustrating. As you may have gathered from reading some of the threads, or even just the thread titles here from time to time, it can be a bit of a mine field out there. Count your blessings.
The University of Arizona isn't happening. I'm officially a student of Arizona State University, but I don't even go to their campus, the local college here has become a satelite campus of ASU, so not much has changed. But I am very glad that it is a quiet spell right now.

Maybe I am blessed, I still get a longing feeling though.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:11 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
The University of Arizona isn't happening. I'm officially a student of Arizona State University, but I don't even go to their campus, the local college here has become a satelite campus of ASU, so not much has changed. But I am very glad that it is a quiet spell right now.

Maybe I am blessed, I still get a longing feeling though.
Sorry, I meant ASU. Didn't you say you're in a program through which you'll eventually transfer to ASU, though?

Old 03-11-2013, 12:41 AM

1,479 posts, read 2,718,491 times
I assume you're in Bisbee or Sierra?? Just be patient, finish school and move to Tucson or San Diego when you're all done. Much bigger sea and many many more fish in those cities. Smelling good (good breath and using a nice smelling soap) and having good muscle definition doesnt hurt either.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Sorry, I meant ASU. Didn't you say you're in a program through which you'll eventually transfer to ASU, though?
I'm already in ASU, I've got barely over a year until I get my BA, this is the first time the University has tried making the local community college a satelite campus.

And, I've been thinking of doing Graduate school after this.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:21 AM

85 posts, read 134,884 times
MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Location can play a big role in your happiness. Many times, people don't fit in and enjoy where they are and it can be detrimental. Find your location where people have the same interests, values and lifestyle. If you stuck there for now, just get all you can out of it and make the best of it. But plot your move out.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:02 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,104,854 times
Default What do I do now?

Quote:
I feel a bit lost on this.

College is going fine, but work takes up everything else, still haven't dated. The friends I run around with are rednecky drinker types, neither of them have jobs, one of them has no trouble drunkenly getting girls, but the other is brainy in his own way so we get along.

The only thing counting as fun in this backwater little burg is going to wild parties and bonfires out in the middle of nowhere.
If you want to change your life style, start with getting some new friends, ones who can be a good influence on the people around them. Redneck drunks who are not employed, are not a good influence on anyone. Find out where the younger generation hangs out and go there to possibly meet a few of the women in your area, they surely don't hang out at wild parties all the time...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships