Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 03:30 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
So being a me-centric outgoing person is better than being a me-centric shy person.
Who said that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 04:17 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,693,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Who said that?
Oh no one just my own tongue in cheek summary of the thread from what I have read.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:16 PM

864 posts, read 1,454,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Well, being a shy person myself, I can clearly tell you that whether you are shy or not, staring isn't OK.
Amen! It happens to me a lot. Guys won't come up and talk (which would be nice), but they do STARE. Rude! lol

Old 03-20-2013, 06:33 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
Amen! It happens to me a lot. Guys won't come up and talk (which would be nice), but they do STARE. Rude! lol
Maybe they're just scared of a potential rejection, or that they will inevitably be rejected, no matter what they say?

Just curious, have you ever tried approaching and/or talking to them on your end, as a girl? I actually have thought for a long time, that if girls felt more free to approach guys (especially shy guys), that both the male and female genders could maybe both feel a lot happier, and it could even cut down on the frequency of rejections? (The reason being, a guy is going to feel much more confident and less worried about getting hurt or turned down, if the female subject of his romantic affections were to approach and start talking to him As I think I may have said earlier in another post, it is extremely hard for a guy to turn down a very nice and pretty girl, who is expressing some real, concrete, and verbal interest in him! )

Old 03-20-2013, 09:39 PM

845 posts, read 1,349,308 times
I don't stare at women I'm attracted to, I avoid any and all eye contact. I usually stay in the darkest corner, looking at the ground or in the back of the crowd.

I know in my mind it'll never work and she deserves some one better.

Wow, my post went from shy to self-defeating. I wonder if there's a sub-forum for that.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:55 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post
I don't stare at women I'm attracted to, I avoid any and all eye contact. I usually stay in the darkest corner, looking at the ground or in the back of the crowd.

I know in my mind it'll never work and she deserves some one better.

Wow, my post went from shy to self-defeating. I wonder if there's a sub-forum for that.
This is definitely more a case of low self-esteem than basic shyness. I'll bet you have a lot to offer. But you really need to work on all that. Nobody else can ever make you feel great about yourself. You need to do it yourself.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:56 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
well Mr/Mrs Jenkins I rest my case
Quote:
I would have been inclined to be offended at what you said about shy people, but I agree in my case. I just had to get over myself.
Do you want another thing to be offended about too? (I know you aren't offended, but it seems like you get easily offended, you I will try you and others on this one)

Emotions are choices we make and NOT caused by other people.

And for an example, I will point you to a book which evokes an emotional response. It could be anger, indignation, sympathy, sorrow, - anything which we call an emotion. Now... who caused that emotion to happen? You did by reading the book and getting deeply involved in it. No-one else was there to MAKE you angry, or sad or whatever.

Once we all realise that emotions are choices, then we can have a hope at stopping them ruling our lives. They are choices we make to feel ----- (offended, etc)

On a different note
How is being shy NOT an over-concern at how WE are feeling and how it affects US? Isn't that me-centric and selfish?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships