Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 08:29 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Watson View Post
The best why I could define a true lady is by describing a girl who attends my high school where I am a senior. You may remember that I wrote about her in my previous threads. I have liked her since freshmen year and despite the fact that she does not return these feelings I would never consider anyone else.

There are many reasons that I feel this way. To begin with she acts about ten times more mature than all of her contemporaries at my school. She is also very polite; she does not use the foul language that many girls choose to make a part of their vocabulary. Instead she responds with the greatest courtesy I have ever seen in a girl her age. I might add that she is the only teenage girl I have ever heard respond to a question by saying; “pardon?” rather than, “yah?” or “what?” which seems to be the customary response among most girls her age.

Additionally her overall attitude and appearance further define what a real lady is. She is very soft spoken, and does not scream or yell down the hallways as many girls do. Her appearance is very conservative; she is one of the only girls in the school who chooses to not wear makeup. Of course she can get away with it, because she does not need any artificial additives to enhance her great natural beauty which is both internal and external.

Finally, she is an excellent student. She excels in all areas of school, and is a member of both NHS and Mu Alpha Theta. Her intelligence is exhibited not only by her intellectual ability, but by the great maturity she exhibits. For someone eighteen years old she is much more mature than many women twice her age.

For me, she is what truly defines a “lady”. This is why I would never consider dating any other women. People like her, are few and far between. She is one of the few ;”ladies” of my generation that has ignored the negative influences of the times we live in.
Awww this is really sweet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 10:53 AM

597 posts, read 1,147,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GINGERSNAP1963 View Post
Tom Jones - She's a lady Lyrics, HD - YouTube

Not that I meet any of this criteria or care to, but here is one man's definition - albeit an old one.
When I first saw this thread, that song came to mind. Of course, it is far from a truly accurate description of what a real lady is......

The young lady I attend school with; sets a fine example for what all women can only hope to be. Unfortunately, most women are far from anything that would resemble her attitude and appearance. I'm around school aged girls and adult women regularly, and I can tell you that I have yet to meet a female who has the maturity of this eighteen year old girl.

Last edited by Jay Watson; 03-13-2013 at 11:03 AM..

Old 03-13-2013, 03:29 PM

18 posts, read 23,656 times
A lady wears appropriate clothes and doesn't burp or fart. EVER.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:19 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times
A girl who knows when to shut up.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:25 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times

This about sums up my opinions of ladyness.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:05 PM

These last three posts don't add anything to the thread! Let's try and stay on topic, please.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
These last three posts don't add anything to the thread! Let's try and stay on topic, please.
Oh yes, by all means let's go back to you gushing about your high school crush.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Oh yes, by all means let's go back to you gushing about your high school crush.
The difference is that my post actually answered the OP's original question. I would appreciate it, if you would try to be understanding of my situation. Thank you.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
The difference is that my post answered the OP's original question. I would appreciate it, if you would try to be understanding of my situation. Thank you.
So did my post, and so did the ones before mine that you dismissed. Just because you may not like the answer doesn't mean it doesn't add to the conversation.

As for your situation, I'm pretty sure we've all had high school crushes that we never thought we'd get over. Guess what? Most of us did.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
So did my post, and so did the ones before mine that you dismissed. Just because you may not like the answer doesn't mean it doesn't add to the conversation.
No offense intended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships