Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 07:38 PM

5,140 posts, read 4,502,519 times

Advertisements

Kind
Truly likes and accepts me as I am
Loving
Wise
Intelligent
Hard worker
Responsible
Respectful
Low key
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 10:44 PM

664 posts, read 774,952 times
Breathing, preferably. Probably should look for a nice blind girl, that's probably my only hope. Maybe one that doesn't have any hands, as well. I'm not in too good of shape, have to watch out for those blind people seeing with their hands.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:48 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,073,160 times
My ideal partner: sexy , good character, good in bed, financially responsible. I don't care if he has a part time minimum wage job, if he handles his money right- responsible. Someone who likes animals, someone funny, trustworthy and trusting. Someone willing to make an effort, especially at communication even if they are not that great a communicator , respectful , not a total slob, physically clean , of course. Definitely not anyone possessive or controlling. Someone easy going who gets along well with most people. Someone who does his part in the relationship and is willing to commit, a marriage-minded person. And someone intelligent is very important.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:52 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,073,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Male here. For me to consider a LTR, she must:

- Have the right body type (big in the right places).
- Be good in the sack (loud, uninhibited, adventurous, doesn't demand too much foreplay (especially kissing -- boring), high sex drive).
- Not be materialistic. Nothing wrong with a chick wanting a provider, but my paycheck shouldn't be what she is wanting to blow on the weekends!
- Have a great sense of humor. Prudes/easily offended need not apply.
- Have more girl friends than guy friends. Not because of jealousy issues or lack of trust, but because every girl I've ever met who has "all guy friends" has been NUTS.
- No extreme Type A personality. If you like to have every detail of your life, even your free time, planned out days or weeks in advance... not gonna work.
- Not be a stage 5 clinger. Even if I get married, I'm still going to want "me" time and the option of enjoying my own hobbies that may not involve her.
- This is a big one. NO SELF-ESTEEM ISSUES. Chicks with low self-esteem are bad news, in many ways.
- Not have kids, and preferably not have been married before, although the latter isn't an absolute deal-breaker. But I'm definitely not raising another dude's spunk.
- Have good hygiene, especially dental. Nothing more annoying than being on my way to approach a cute chick, then being stopped dead in my tracks when she smiles and reveals a jacked up grill.

I'm sure I can think of more, but you get the idea. If you ask me, I'm not really asking a lot and most of the above is just common sense. Even so, it sure ain't easy to find a chick who gets check marks all the way down the list.
I am female. the above list is excellent and I forgot to add to my own, someone affectionate, very important.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:09 PM

597 posts, read 1,149,327 times
I am currently a senior in HS and there is only one person I would ever consider as a "partner". It is currently a situation of unrequited love. Despite this I will list some of her many attributes that make her such a special and unique person.

Despite the fact that she is eighteen years old, she is far more mature than many women twice her age.She is the most (and only) attractive girl I have ever seen.She is the most polite female I have ever encountered.

She does not stoop to the level of using the foul language that many teenagers make an integral part of their vocabulary. When asked a question she responds with; “pardon?” NOT, “yah?” or “what?”.She is very soft spoken, and does not scream or yell down the hallways as many girls do.

Her appearance is very conservative; she is one of the only girls in the school who chooses to not wear makeup. Of course she can get away with it, because she does not need any artificial additives to enhance her great natural beauty which is both internal and external.

She is an excellent student. She excels in all areas of school, and is a member of both NHS and Mu Alpha Theta. Her intelligence is exhibited not only by her intellectual ability, but by the great maturity she exhibits in all of her professional endeavors. For me this is a sign that she will be very successful in her future career.

These are just a few of the many traits of my ideal partner. For me it is most fulfilling to actually see this individual in person. For others their “ideal partner” is merely an assortment of ideas and opinions about someone they hope to meet someday. Despite the fact that my love is unrequited, I feel blessed to have actually had the honor of meeting my ideal partner. Perhaps someday she will feel differently. Even if she does not, I will always have a place in my heart for her…… I will continue to remain single as long as she does not change her mind.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:15 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,699,102 times
Enthusiastic, Passionate and Brave.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:44 PM

44 posts, read 170,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Male here. For me to consider a LTR, she must:

- Have the right body type (big in the right places).
- Be good in the sack (loud, uninhibited, adventurous, doesn't demand too much foreplay (especially kissing -- boring), high sex drive).
- Not be materialistic. Nothing wrong with a chick wanting a provider, but my paycheck shouldn't be what she is wanting to blow on the weekends!
- Have a great sense of humor. Prudes/easily offended need not apply.
- Have more girl friends than guy friends. Not because of jealousy issues or lack of trust, but because every girl I've ever met who has "all guy friends" has been NUTS.
- No extreme Type A personality. If you like to have every detail of your life, even your free time, planned out days or weeks in advance... not gonna work.
- Not be a stage 5 clinger. Even if I get married, I'm still going to want "me" time and the option of enjoying my own hobbies that may not involve her.
- This is a big one. NO SELF-ESTEEM ISSUES. Chicks with low self-esteem are bad news, in many ways.
- Not have kids, and preferably not have been married before, although the latter isn't an absolute deal-breaker. But I'm definitely not raising another dude's spunk.
- Have good hygiene, especially dental. Nothing more annoying than being on my way to approach a cute chick, then being stopped dead in my tracks when she smiles and reveals a jacked up grill.

I'm sure I can think of more, but you get the idea. If you ask me, I'm not really asking a lot and most of the above is just common sense. Even so, it sure ain't easy to find a chick who gets check marks all the way down the list.
Wow you're expecting a lot for someone not even remotely attractive

Old 03-13-2013, 09:49 PM

23,296 posts, read 29,160,111 times
If I can find someone who consistently puts on award-winning performances in the bedroom, I don't give a rip if they're unintelligent, incommunicable, unromantic, an ex-felon, financially dependent on me or too lazy to brush their teeth!

Dangle the idea of having some transformational sex with someone, and I'm as blind as a bat, and as deaf as a voter!

Old 03-13-2013, 10:11 PM

597 posts, read 1,149,327 times
The last post was entirely inappropriate and uncalled for. Lets keep this thread clean please!

Thank you.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:40 AM

2,918 posts, read 5,617,939 times
shapeshifter with multiple personalities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships