Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 03:25 PM

600 posts, read 1,028,034 times

Advertisements

Nobody should ever date a fat person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 03:39 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
Nobody should ever date a fat person.
Nobody should ever post idiotic nonsense.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:52 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
Yes.

I think the defining moment for me was trying to lay on the couch with her and cuddle, while laying completely on my shoulder/side, squeezed into the couch, and more-so holding on to her vs cuddling. I remember having difficulty breathing as I was literally being squished.

I felt horrible because she was nice otherwise, but I love cuddling and it just wasn't possible..
Yeah, if you can't cuddle with someone and breathe at the same time, that's kind of a problem.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:58 PM

31,035 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
THIS.

I've been there and it's an absolutely horrible feeling being told by your partner that they were never attracted to you and that they were 'settling' for the time being until something better came along. Hell, it happened to me over 3 years ago and I still get twinges of self doubt and periods where I feel like I'll never be good enough. Mostly I'm pretty awesome, but these things effect people long term and I wish people would take the time to actually THINK about the long term effects the things they do or say can have on others.
Yeah, some things are better left unsaid. People that don't have a clue say sheet like that. Some claim their just being honest and some of them do it to inflate themselves. All **** poor reasons to put someone else down. Golden Rule rules in every situation!

Old 03-13-2013, 06:15 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
No. I've never dated anyone based off of personality.
This

Old 03-13-2013, 06:16 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
There are different love styles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_styles

Old 03-13-2013, 07:03 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Yeah, some things are better left unsaid. People that don't have a clue say sheet like that. Some claim their just being honest and some of them do it to inflate themselves. All **** poor reasons to put someone else down. Golden Rule rules in every situation!
I agree, I learned that the easy way.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:41 PM

469 posts, read 566,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Hey bro, I'm going through this right now. I'm currently seeing a woman who I'm not attracted too, however she is attracted to me and she wants to go the exclusive route. She is very insecure about her height and also about her weight. She is short and weights somewhere between 240 and 250 pounds. Dont get me wrong I'm a big guy too but I know how to carry myself, plus I do work out on the regular plus I'm tall. I also have dated big women too but now as big as her, if they are big the women either was top heavy, bottom heavy or tall which helps carry the weight, so therefore I'm not a shallow guy besides I'm not perfect either. She is also very emotional and I do have to watch what I say to her. Do you guys think I shouold just take what I get and try to help her with her weight and insecurities or is she to much to work with? She is a Latina and we do have common interest and so forth.
If your not into her then don't take it any further. You're not doing her or yourself any favors by settling. She isn't self confident and she's emotional. most people when they become happy and settle into a relationship they tend to gain a little weight so don't count on her losing just because you are with her. She needs to work on herself before she needs to get into any type of relationship . Good luck and I hope you do what is right for you.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:48 PM

727 posts, read 1,533,523 times
Here's my issue about the use of the word "fat." I am a man of a larger carriage; I could certainly stand to lose a few pounds. However I've been told by women that I am attractive, and that I wear my weight like a big teddy bear. In my head, when I hear the word "fat", Jabba the Hut comes to mind.

I dated a skinny girl in college once, and she hurt me real bad. Things were going real good between us, then out of nowhere she decided she couldn't be with me because I was overweight, had a big head, wore flip flops, and a litany of reasons I've long forgotten. So yes, I've dated women with some "extra to love", so to speak.

For me, attraction isn't always about body type. I just look at someone, and if I find something striking about them (pretty eyes, cute smile, wearing a clothing item supporting one of my favorite sports teams), then I'm going to talk to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships