Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2013, 08:51 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,103,467 times

Advertisements

Most guys don't like immature drama queens.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:52 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,987,260 times
I haven't crushed on anyone since high school. I can't relate to how you feel.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:07 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,610,184 times
I am crushing on some green tea right now. Sad.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:02 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,727 times
Relax. No person is worth getting so worked up over. You will see him again and there will be opportunity to put something together if the two of you want to. Some people will like us and some will not, it is somewhat out of our hands. But we do have some control over how things go because most people will be on the fence at first. So just be cool and allow him to come to you if he will. You could be friendly, smile and ask how he's doing when you see him but allow him to come to you and he probably will. Sounds like a nice guy to give you a ride home and also sounds like he doesn't dislike you or he wouldn't have wanted to help you out. So looks good to me. Take a deep breath.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:17 AM

11,784 posts, read 12,020,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Relax. No person is worth getting so worked up over. You will see him again and there will be opportunity to put something together if the two of you want to. Some people will like us and some will not, it is somewhat out of our hands. But we do have some control over how things go because most people will be on the fence at first. So just be cool and allow him to come to you if he will. You could be friendly, smile and ask how he's doing when you see him but allow him to come to you and he probably will. Sounds like a nice guy to give you a ride home and also sounds like he doesn't dislike you or he wouldn't have wanted to help you out. So looks good to me. Take a deep breath.

Ugh, don't give her false hope.

He could be dating, married, gay, doesn't want to date a coworker, or doesn't want to date her at all. The fact that he gave her a ride home means he was kind, but that's all we can assume.

She can certainly put herself out there and show interest, but she needs to let go of expectations she puts on other men, and also needs to value herself as a person rather than putting her worth in the hands of others. From her posts, I don't think she's in any condition to date.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:27 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,727 times
^^^^ sometimes people need to date to learn about themselves. I'm agreeing with her earlier thought also that she can't just go and give the man her number. now that I've read through. I did that once too and the guy looked at me like I was from another planet and never called. Just because something is done once and doesn't work with one guy, true, doesn't mean it won't work with others, but as a rule, being this forward does not work. That is why I say allow. I certainly don't mean to give her false hope. I think the situation looks hopeful, but it is true, he could already be with someone of course. She has to relax and allow him to be the "forward" one. But if she does not relax, it won't go well. OP, there's always another one right around the corner. Im sure Im older than you and even at my age, always another so no need to worry.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:37 AM

521 posts, read 762,541 times
Quote:
^^^^ sometimes people need to date to learn about themselves. I'm agreeing with her earlier thought also that she can't just go and give the man her number. now that I've read through. I did that once too and the guy looked at me like I was from another planet and never called. Just because something is done once and doesn't work with one guy, true, doesn't mean it won't work with others, but as a rule, being this forward does not work. That is why I say allow. I certainly don't mean to give her false hope. I think the situation looks hopeful, but it is true, he could already be with someone of course. She has to relax and allow him to be the "forward" one. But if she does not relax, it won't go well. OP, there's always another one right around the corner. Im sure Im older than you and even at my age, always another so no need to worry.
If he is with someone, why would he offer to give me a ride home if he didn't have to? I never paid him any mind until he got my attention. Everytime he sees me, he is always trying to be helpful with my work tasks. If he has a girlfriend, is he trying to keep me as a possible rebound??

Old 03-13-2013, 11:42 AM

521 posts, read 762,541 times
Quote:
yeah that was very nice of him do you think he finds me attractive or thinks of me in a sexual way?

Old 03-13-2013, 11:46 AM

1,479 posts, read 2,718,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
No, that wont work. When a woman is forward things never work out.
Coward. Just ask him out. If he turns you down just move on to the next potential SO. That's what we men have to do.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:53 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,956,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
yeah that was very nice of him do you think he finds me attractive or thinks of me in a sexual way?
How many times is the OP going to ask a forum what one guy thinks of her ?

Just ask the guy out already. Woman do it ALL THE TIME. It is not considered a bad thing for a woman to ask out a man. If you like him this much, isn't it worth it to just do it?
At least give him your phone number and smile and say "Call me."

THEN, you will know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.