Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 05:50 PM

602 posts, read 393,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGi87 View Post
Why would an attractive guy choose to have sex with only one woman for the rest of his life? It's tough to do that when you are given a lot of female attention. By the same token I would never expect a very attractive girl in her 20s, or a very attractive older woman to be faithful. Most of these people get showered with great alternatives when some things go bad with their partner, and so for the most part they won't settle without profusely cheating.
this is a really sad post....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 08:21 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,158,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
But there's a difference in being a "player" and just a guy that doesn't look for commitment,
I cough heck for this on a message board. It was simple discussion on a show. I referred to 2 of the characters as players. And around 4 / 5 people are all telling me a player is simply just a guy who sleeps around.

A man who isn't monogamous, I wouldn't automatically label a player. But I see now the definition is controversial it seems.

Player = Man who sleeps around / is successful with getting different women> A Hit with Ladies
Player = Man who plays / lies to women -tells them what they wanna hear to get laid. Then dumps them when he's finished, or tired of them.

I have seen both used.

Usually when I hear guys talk about it, they mean the first one, and it's usually a compliment. Though some say "Playa" is the term for that. Not "Player"

Now as a woman, and when I hear other women talk about it, they are referring to the latter, and it's not a term of endearment

Last edited by HappyRain; 12-24-2016 at 08:30 PM..

Old 12-24-2016, 08:31 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,449,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
I cough heck for this on a message board. It was simple discussion on a show. I referred to 2 of the characters as players. And around 4 / 5 people are all telling me a player is simply just a guy who sleeps around.

A man who isn't monogamous, I wouldn't automatically label a player. But I see now the definition is controversial it seems.

Player = Man who sleeps around / is successful with getting different women> A Hit with Ladies
Player = Man who plays / lies to women -tells them what they wanna hear to get laid.

I have seen both used. Usually when I hear guys say it, they mean the first one, and it's usually a compliment.
Now as a woman, and when I hear other women talk about it, they are referring to the latter, and it's an insult
We don't usually use the term player here thankfully but I'd take it as the second one from both genders which ever told me.

The closest we have to being called a player is a womaniser I've been called that more than once ( and believe it or not it was meant as a compliment! ) and wasn't best pleased.

Stud is not too bad as it's not really said with any negatives attached

Old 12-25-2016, 03:31 PM

1,921 posts, read 1,730,498 times
Timing.

In my early twenties, I dated a few 'players'. None of them wanted a girlfriend and were just playing the field. I was often told by them I was girlfriend-material and was what they were looking for in a woman. Yet, they didn't want to have a proper relationship with me or anyone for that matter.

Then, after they turned 26, I noticed all of them slowly morphing into these monogamous men. No woman could have changed them. Timing is a significant factor. If you're an amazing woman, but the timing is wrong, they still won't want you. The epiphany has to come from within, a conscious choice.

Oddly enough, they all settled for woman they swore they'd never go for. Oh well.

Old 12-27-2016, 02:17 AM

783 posts, read 571,223 times
OP, instead of wondering how you could get a player to 'settle down', why don't you think about how you can get an actual decent man to see you as a possible mate?

Old 12-27-2016, 02:38 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,669,046 times
Stay away from players they have stds.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:28 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,769,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post
Timing.

In my early twenties, I dated a few 'players'. None of them wanted a girlfriend and were just playing the field. I was often told by them I was girlfriend-material and was what they were looking for in a woman. Yet, they didn't want to have a proper relationship with me or anyone for that matter.

Then, after they turned 26, I noticed all of them slowly morphing into these monogamous men. No woman could have changed them. Timing is a significant factor. If you're an amazing woman, but the timing is wrong, they still won't want you. The epiphany has to come from within, a conscious choice.

Oddly enough, they all settled for woman they swore they'd never go for. Oh well.
Well maybe they found out the bj she gives is a solid 10/10 that changes a lot of minds. The only problem is when they stop after wedding day that's my biggest marriage fear and I think it's a legit one man.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:57 PM

290 posts, read 213,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Well maybe they found out the bj she gives is a solid 10/10 that changes a lot of minds. The only problem is when they stop after wedding day that's my biggest marriage fear and I think it's a legit one man.
theres that running joke about why a woman smiles big time on her wedding day...its because she knows she has given her last bj...lol

Old 12-28-2016, 08:46 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,669,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kCity33 View Post
theres that running joke about why a woman smiles big time on her wedding day...its because she knows she has given her last bj...lol
Lol! Damn straight!

Old 12-28-2016, 08:56 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,170,483 times
Only Jesus can save a player. Nothing else is strong enough. You've got to believe there will be consequences even if you don't get caught.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships