Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 11:47 AM

200 posts, read 888,049 times

Advertisements

Well, I can't write this woman up....yet. I'm still building documentation.

But how to handle a mental bully? A woman who incessantly is condescending, inserts herself into everyone's lives, and desperately seeks the attention of all those around her.

I'm up for suggestions. The gossip-monger has been a thorn in my side for some time now. She thrives on being the center of attention, must know everything about everyone, and her life is her job.

She's single, never been married, but very open about her sexual encounters with her past coworkers to her now coworkers.

I know she speaks ill of me when I am not around, but I have no hard proof of it. I only get the information through hearsay; so I can't write her up for insubordination.

I welcome your suggestions!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 11:57 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
Well you could tell her to keep her drama queen bs to herself and to mind her own frickin business.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:58 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
"hearsay" Thats a thing that can ruin a working enviroment, i don't pay attention to what others say, after a while when they don't get the reaction they want they stop or get themselves into trouble. Rumors, gossip and such just causes trouble, don't let someone drag you into their petty way of enjoyment.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:02 PM

558 posts, read 2,248,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
"hearsay" Thats a thing that can ruin a working enviroment, i don't pay attention to what others say, after a while when they don't get the reaction they want they stop or get themselves into trouble. Rumors, gossip and such just causes trouble, don't let someone drag you into their petty way of enjoyment.
Yeah, I'm with Roaddog--smile pleasantly and then just ignore them. Just like on the playground in elementary school--which is where they are stuck! That said, also CYA at all times re: your own job, so that if you ever have to, you can prove you're not the problem!

Old 10-25-2007, 12:04 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
You could always offer her a cup of shut the hell up!

Old 10-25-2007, 12:12 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveMtns View Post
Yeah, I'm with Roaddog--smile pleasantly and then just ignore them. Just like on the playground in elementary school--which is where they are stuck! That said, also CYA at all times re: your own job, so that if you ever have to, you can prove you're not the problem!
CYA is right because a lot of the time the person starting the trouble isn't the one who gets in trouble.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:20 PM

200 posts, read 888,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
You could always offer her a cup of shut the hell up!
LOL That's a great idea!

I don't ever play into her demonic mind games, but I know she gets under the skin of several other employees. She has to be the Alpha-female. She can't stand that I have done everything right in achieving my position here, and I know it burns her that I was promoted over her, because I am younger with less experience.

However: she was fired from her previous job (which, coincidentally, was the same work) for poor customer service technique. She has continued to have the same temperment here, hence the "building a paper trail" that I'm working on.

I may not have been doing this very long, but I think I'm a "people person" when it comes to customer service (I go out of my way for most) and I also have a 4-year degree; something she lacks. I was told I was promoted for that very reason.

She was very condescending/nosey when I was merely her coworker too...it's just been exacerbated by my new position. I didn't tell her anything then either.

She just frustrates me to no end.

Last edited by sedie80; 10-25-2007 at 12:23 PM.. Reason: Grammar...for heaven's sake I need to proofread better!

Old 10-25-2007, 12:57 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Kill her with kindness, tell her how great she looks everyday, compliment her often. This will get her steamin more than being mean to her will.

Old 10-25-2007, 01:40 PM

788 posts, read 2,110,763 times
there's one in every crowd and in every family.
Learn from this situation as much as you can - if you're going to be in mgmt - sounds like you are - you're gonna see this A LOT!!!!!!
Smile and wave and walk really fast avoiding all eye contact!!!

Old 10-25-2007, 02:02 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,368,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
Kill her with kindness, tell her how great she looks everyday, compliment her often. This will get her steamin more than being mean to her will.
noooo, she knows you're not sincere... and that will just give her reason to pick on you behind your back even more (if you suspect that she's talking badly about you) not respecting you. adding fuel to the fire!

I like Rance's suggestion.. offer her a big steaming cup of shut the hell up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships