Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 11:21 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Lmao! You can't change what you are inside. Ugly is 'gene-deep'. lol

heheheh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 11:24 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
They also have certain jaw (health) problems, teeth, lips, etc. When you see the comments on some sites, you figure out why some news press deliberately avoided showing real images - because 99% of trolls kept saying that he married a Chinese woman with slanted eyes and that it's normal.

People tend to skip reading articles so in present world you only have two types of media:
1. media propaganda, with a mission of indoctrinating people with certain agendas
2. pop/mianstream media, with a mission to earn as much money by giving the viewers what they want to see - sensationalism, and to wrap it up into something that the reader agrees or "already knows".

This is exactly the reason why this article was a "broken phone" type of information.

A woman spent an equivalent of about 100,000$ with numerous high scale plastic surgery operations to rework her image. Her photo could only be one of the stages. I'm quite sure that they can both finance their children with the same process if they wanted, but the point is that he would probably NOT marry her if he knew about her anomaly. Let's be honest, some folks get creeped out when they see a person with six fingers or when they find out that they had surgically removed 6th non-functional finger.
Again, what anomaly? You're saying there is something genetically wrong with her. What? What is abnormal about her DNA?

Her "before" photo does not portray her as deformed or with any kind of inherited birth defect. It just shows her looking less attractive. You're coming on here spouting about anomalies, but I don't think you know what the word "anomaly" means.

Anomaly | Define Anomaly at Dictionary.com

For the record, being homely in and of itself is not considered either a disease or a defect, much less a genetic one. There is no gene for being plain-faced.

If you are saying that the kids have some kind of birth defect that can be traced to their mother and that would be obvious in the mother's "before" photos, by all means, tell us what that is. But right now, you sound no better than some pro-eugenics weirdo hung up on calling ugly people abnormal or defective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
The article in the OP won't load for me so it might have been explained, but was she an orphan with no siblings? You have to wonder if the husband never saw any childhood photos of her or saw what her family members looked like.
That, too.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:32 AM

Now that some of the details of this story is revealed, my heart goes out to the poor guy.
I don't think anybody should purposely hide the genetic illnesses from their significant other because the illness will pass on to the children.
However, it seems to me that he was only using genetic illness as an excuse to break up with the marriage. All three children look normal, I don't know the beauty standard in China, to me, this is a lovely family.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:32 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,571,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post

Its strange what kind of nonsense fly in some places. It ain't perfect over here but a least its not that.
I see equally ridiculous stuff in this country.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Now that some of the details of this story is revealed, my heart goes out to the poor guy.
I don't think anybody should purposely hide the genetic illnesses from their significant other because the illness will pass on to the children.
However, it seems to me that he was only using genetic illness as an excuse to break up with the marriage. All three children look normal, I don't know the beauty standard in China, to me, this is a lovely family.

What genetic illness, though? Nald keeps saying there is, but has provided absolutely no evidence of it. He has given it neither a name nor a source.

Just because someone implies ugliness is an X-linked disorder, that doesn't mean it is either X-linked or a disorder.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
What genetic illness, though? Nald keeps saying there is, but has provided absolutely no evidence of it. He has given it neither a name nor a source.

Just because someone implies ugliness is an X-linked disorder, that doesn't mean it is either X-linked or a disorder.
I am waiting for Nald to provide more information on this one.

edit: Come to think of it, I perhaps will have to tell my future husband that I have family history of heart attack, migraine headache... etc, etc, etc, etc. If his other male family members are below 6 feet tall, it might be a deal breaker for me too.

LOL

Old 03-14-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Unbelievable...must be a very patriarchal society......very sad (I think)

Is it more sad than this matriarchal society where the courts give away fortunes to women who haven't eanred a dime?

Old 03-14-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
She should sue him for having an unsatisfactory penis.

She would have known about that upfront.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Again, what anomaly? You're saying there is something genetically wrong with her. What? What is abnormal about her DNA?

nald, can you provide more information about this question?

Old 03-14-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
She would have known about that upfront.
I was being facetious.

And we don't know that, regardless. Maybe she was a virgin when they married. Who knows?

The whole thing is so ridiculous. As a few folks have pointed out, there is no evidence of anything wrong with this woman genetically. She didn't appear to have any physical facial defects that could be passed down to the kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships