Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 09:45 PM

146 posts, read 243,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I'll just agree to disagree with her.... I am not sure on how you focus on pleasing your partner with someone else in mind.

Maybe I am in the minority.
I would think the fantasizing would take place after you'd pleased your partner and maybe when you partner wasn't quite able to please you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 09:47 PM

146 posts, read 243,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
No you are not.
How can you possibly know that? I'll admit that I've never done a study, but I'd be willing to lay money that more people have thought of someone other than their partner during sex at some point in their lives.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:52 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,906,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter1967 View Post
I'll admit that I've never done a study
Fortunately you don't have to, because Kinsey already did. 98% of men and 80% of women said they had fantasized about someone other than their partner over the past two months. I suppose the numbers might be a little lower if they specifically asked "during sex," but then again they'd probably be higher if they took away the "past two months" qualifier.

Is It Normal To Fantasize About Having Sex With Random Women? | Kinsey Confidential

Old 03-14-2013, 10:04 PM

38,967 posts, read 27,339,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter1967 View Post
How can you possibly know that? I'll admit that I've never done a study, but I'd be willing to lay money that more people have thought of someone other than their partner during sex at some point in their lives.

I cringe when people say, “I believe in statistic and numbers.” Well, I personally am not a statistic and number kind of gal. Why?

Research scientists interpret data gathered during studies and use their interpretations to draw conclusions. It is important that the studies be conducted according to scientific guidelines; if studies are not conducted correctly, the data gathered will be inaccurate and lead to false conclusions.

One important guideline is that the sample size must be large enough. If the sample size is too small, it is difficult to tell whether a particular result occurred due to coincidence rather than because of what scientists did.

I am pretty sure if I interview 10 college guy friends

"Hey, do you think Orlando Bloom is hot?" They will all say, "No, he is not."

My survery result will be 100% Negative

But If I am asking 10 college female friends the same question, I might get completely different set of answers.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
I cringe when people say, “I believe in statistic and numbers.†Well, I personally am not a statistic and number kind of gal. Why?

Research scientists interpret data gathered during studies and use their interpretations to draw conclusions. It is important that the studies be conducted according to scientific guidelines
Like the Kinsey Institute does, you mean? They're widely recognized as the leading researchers on human sexual behavior. It doesn't get much more scientifically legit than them in this field. The data doesn't lie, whether you're a data "kind of gal" or not. To paraphrase Neil deGrasse Tyson, the great thing about science is that it doesn't care what you believe.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:09 PM

38,967 posts, read 27,339,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
Like the Kinsey Institute does, you mean? They're widely recognized as the leading researchers on human sexual behavior. It doesn't get much more scientifically legit than them in this field. The data doesn't lie, whether you're a data "kind of gal" or not. To paraphrase Neil deGrasse Tyson, the great thing about science is that it doesn't care what you believe.
Kinsey Institute interviewed every male and female in the world? The whole human population?

Wow quite impressive!

Old 03-14-2013, 10:19 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,932,917 times
I never imagined another person when I was gettin' it on. I always liked watching her facial expressions or the bouncing.

I can't imagine doing this.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:25 PM

426 posts, read 556,613 times
I have female friends who say they think of other things sometimes during sex like shopping... haha

Old 03-14-2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Kinsey Institute interviewed every male and female in the world? The whole human population?
For someone who just made a post referring to sampling, you sure don't appear to understand how the concept works. The whole purpose of a statistically significant sample size is that it can accurately represent the population it is sampling (within a reasonable margin of error, of course) without every single member of the population needing to be studied.

By your logic, no study ever conducted on humans would be valid. ("Wait, how do we know the Polio vaccine works? We haven't tried it on every human on the face of the earth yet!")

Old 03-14-2013, 10:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,682,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernRXMan View Post
I have female friends who say they think of other things sometimes during sex like shopping... haha
Only if I'm bored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships