Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 01:56 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,997,259 times

Advertisements

You know, the way you think about yourself and express plays a major role in what you get out of life. So if you truly believe what you posted in this thread, that's what you'll get. And it won't be because you're ugly or you missed the age limit for relationships or any of that. It'll be because that's what you put out and you're putting people off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 02:14 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,540 times
Side piece? How revolting to hear someone to refer to themself as a "side piece" I have never heard that expression and hope I never hear it again.Trashy.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:23 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I'll never find anyone. I'm 24 and I'm at the age where everyone is taken, and those who are interested are just looking for something on the side. I'm always meeting people who are like 25/26 and have been in relationships for 10 years that started in high school. It seems that I will never be a girlfriend or anything important to a man. Ever. I'll forever just be a side piece. I missed the window of opportunity to fall in love and meet someone years ago.
If you're never someone's girlfriend you'll also never be someones ex girlfriend.

Seriously though, no need to dwell on not having a man. There should be more important things in your life that make you happy and define who you are.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:28 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,919,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
The average age for a woman to be married at in the U.S. is 26, so you're still 2 years from that, and not everyone marries at 26 either.
And for men, which is what she's apparently seeking, it's over 28, nearly 29 now. So much for the age excuse.

OP, I have an honest question for you: What do you get out of posting these self-pitying threads repeatedly, then not heeding any of the answers/advice you get in response? I'm assuming you must get something out of doing this, or you wouldn't keep doing it, right? Does it make you feel better somehow? I'm honestly curious.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:31 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
While I had been married for a few years already when I was 24, thinking back, it seems like everyone I knew then was also in a serious relationship at that age. I wonder why young people get serious so quickly? Do they get tired of having fun or playing the field quickly? Maybe it's not so fun.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:36 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,382,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
While I had been married for a few years already when I was 24, thinking back, it seems like everyone I knew then was also in a serious relationship at that age. I wonder why young people get serious so quickly? Do they get tired of having fun or playing the field quickly? Maybe it's not so fun.
I think that is definitely regional. Here people stay single much longer and I still have many single friends over the age of 30. The idea of getting married before 24 is kinda odd and not something many people strive for. I, myself wasn't even trying to get married or have babies before 27 or 28. I always thought the 20s were for partying and having fun.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:37 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,997,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Can't speak for all my age but I don't like it. Serial dating isn't fun. Monogamy is fun! Not to mention you reach a point where you just gotta ask yourself, "what the heck are these people suppose to be doing for me that I can't do for myself?"

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
See, this is why threads like this are useless. The replies to a statement like, "I'll never be a girlfriend..." generally fall into two categories:

1) Those who say, "Yes, you will! Keep the faith! Mr. Right is out there!"

2) and those who say, "Yep, you sure won't. Might as well give up now and [insert derogatory hobby stereotype here]."

So OP, we don't know you, and this forum really isn't supposed to be just for general whining. So I want you to remember this quote from Henry Ford:

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're probably right."

224 posts, read 356,942 times
Do you consider yourself attractive?

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I think that is definitely regional. Here people stay single much longer and I still have many single friends over the age of 30. The idea of getting married before 24 is kinda odd and not something many people strive for.
Agreed, I also live in MD. Suburb between DC and Baltimore. Most of the people I know are concerned with advancing their education and carriers, not getting married or having babies. My friends range from 24-29 and no one I know is married or living with a bf/gf. Coworkers are the same way. Only 30+ are in LTR's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships