Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 01:06 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Board is FULL of men like you.

The pity party rages on...
He needs a hug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 01:07 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,302,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
He needs a hug.
I'm not the one to give it to him. But you're more than welcome.

Old 02-18-2014, 01:09 PM

339 posts, read 379,825 times
Quote:
Board is FULL of men like you.

The pity party rages on...
Oh please, great and powerful goddess, please bestow upon me some of your saintly grrrrrrl power so that I may see the error of my ways and be enlightened as to the ways of properly rendering myself of service to thine great and superior creatures that we call "woman."

Must be nice to have the cultural wind at your back. At least it's not going to your head.....

Old 02-18-2014, 01:11 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
If I see a woman that is very attractive, I just turn and walk the other way. I figure theres no sense in trying when the odds of success are so low. Any other guys do the same thing?
What do you mean attractive?

Attractive to me? I find a ridiculous amount of women attractive, so obviously I've approached a lot of them.

Now, if you're talking about the 8s, 9s, and 10s that EVERY guy thinks is hot? It's not often I run into those types of women. When I think that, I think white, nice body, cute face, and knows how to accessorize!

There's not many of those in my social circle or extended. And the type of work I do doesn't attract those types of women. There was one at my last job. I see them walking on the street If I'm in the city.

There's a Korean girl in my social circle that I, myself think is really hot, like a 10, but if she were to be rated across the board by other men, she'd probably only get a 7 at best.

So, I guess the answer is no.

Old 02-18-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
Oh please, great and powerful goddess, please bestow upon me some of your saintly grrrrrrl power so that I may see the error of my ways and be enlightened as to the ways of properly rendering myself of service to thine great and superior creatures that we call "woman."

Must be nice to have the cultural wind at your back. At least it's not going to your head.....
Hey, I love men. Don't have a single complaint about a majority of them. Have had some HORRIFIC experiences with some of them but chose to not let those soil my overall perception of them. I may have some feminist viewpoints, but absolutely want men in my life. I don't need them, or base my worth on my ability to date them or be attractive to them, but they are absolutely wonderful additions to my life.

Most importantly, I don't let bitter, scorned women/society tell me what I need to think about men.

Old 02-18-2014, 01:16 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times
Quote:

I think there's a small element of truth to your stance that right now most women have more options than most men. It's more complicated than that, but close enough that I'll concede. Wouldn't you be happier though if you focused on your life, your goals, and the things that are available to you that make you happy?

Old 02-18-2014, 01:17 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
I'm not the one to give it to him. But you're more than welcome.
Lol.

Old 02-18-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Hey, I love men. Don't have a single complaint about a majority of them. Have had some HORRIFIC experiences with some of them but chose to not let those soil my overall perception of them. I may have some feminist viewpoints, but absolutely want men in my life. I don't need them, or base my worth on my ability to date them or be attractive to them, but they are absolutely wonderful additions to my life.

Most importantly, I don't let bitter, scorned women/society tell me what I need to think about men.
...and what a lucky man it will be that is bequeathed the opportunity to be your life accessory.

And by the way, you can call this a pity party all you want, but it's falling on deaf ears with me. I gave up the "dance" of the sexes quite a while ago and have no intentions of going back.

My point, though, which you've done your best to obfuscate, spin and avoid is that women have it A LOT easier in dating than men do. Period.

Old 02-18-2014, 01:27 PM

Quote:
...and what a lucky man it will be that bequeathed the opportunity to be your life accessory.

And by the way, you can call this a pity party all you want, but it's falling on deaf ears with me. I gave up the "dance" of the sexes quite a while ago and have no intentions of going back.

My point, though, which you've done your best to obfuscate, spin and avoid is that women have it A LOT easier in dating than men do. Period.
I don't participate in the dance either. I date, but do not buy into the monogamy, marriage situation-so that's a dance I sit out on.

And I do agree that in EARLY dating women have it easier. However, as far as the duration of a relationship goes, that dynamic switches. At least from what I have seen/experienced.

So I don't see the point in keeping score.

Old 02-18-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I think there's a small element of truth to your stance that right now most women have more options than most men. It's more complicated than that, but close enough that I'll concede. Wouldn't you be happier though if you focused on your life, your goals, and the things that are available to you that make you happy?
Would you ask this question to a black person residing in the deep South in the early 1960's?

Don't get me wrong, I know that overstates it, but are men not allowed to be upset that the entire culture, media and legal system are against them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships