Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 08:44 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,824,355 times

Advertisements

Surprisingly, though I haven't dated much, every guy has wanted kids. I'd love to find a guy who doesn't want kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2013, 08:48 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Do you have some information to back this up? I've never heard this before.
You've never heard the old adage, "The rich get richer, and the poor have kids?"

Old 03-17-2013, 08:49 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,673,781 times
if youve met me, your problem would be solved. I don't want kids (but im kind of old already)

Old 03-17-2013, 08:55 AM

39,209 posts, read 27,582,466 times
My older girlfriends (the ones in their late 30s) don't want children.

NONE of my guy friends want children, but they keep the options open.

I don't have to worry about "biological clock" in about 10 years or so, and i never found children to be appealing.

They say, "Women fall in love with their baby the moment they find out they are pregnant, Men fall in love with their baby the moment they hold him." I wonder if this is true.

I don't know if I will feel the same way (Don't want children) 10 years from now.

My parents got married on March 19, 1981 and told each other they never wante kids, several years later, I was born. So who knows what I will think in my 30s. =)

Old 03-17-2013, 08:59 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,126,635 times
Walking around in my hometown, I see many kids hanging around and drinking 40 ounce rs being way too young to do so and getting involved in other things. All it takes is a bad choice, wrong crowd and wrong place and time for life to change or even end. It's very hard raising kids and protecting them from bad influences unless you isolate them and that's not an option for a human being to grow. Granted, I was out getting into plenty of mischief as well having lacked both parents completely but it's do as i say not do as i did in a case like this. If I had a daughter I would be on frayed nerves every time she went out with all the predators around. Everyday I read some new attack on a woman and I hate it. Lots of young men get shot on the other side of the coin.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:09 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,407,323 times
There is lots of guys who don't want kids. You just have to speak to them and find out..

Old 03-17-2013, 09:10 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,467,349 times
Unless you are dating with the goal of getting married as soon as possible, it shouldn't matter what your dates want in this regard - for now. Why would marriage be a short-term priority anyway? Finding a man who doesn't want kids and does love animals and wants lots of pets may be difficult - not wanting the responsibility of kids may mean not wanting the responsibility of pets.

Anyway, most dating sites provide the ability to select and search on this issue.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:17 AM

39,209 posts, read 27,582,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Unless you are dating with the goal of getting married as soon as possible, it shouldn't matter what your dates want in this regard - for now. Why would marriage be a short-term priority anyway? Finding a man who doesn't want kids and does love animals and wants lots of pets may be difficult - not wanting the responsibility of kids may mean not wanting the responsibility of pets.

Anyway, most dating sites provide the ability to select and search on this issue.
Two of my good friends just got a divorce. Girl is 35 years old, and the guy is 34. They are both well off upper middle class professionals with great jobs. They both didn't want kids when they got married, and now the guy really wanted one, girl still didn't want one, they got a divorce.

Problem is that people's mind change when they age. I don't want any children now and I am in my 20s, who knows what I will feel 10 years from now on. I always tell people, "I don't know, haven't thought about it." It is better than telling them, I don't want children, just in case I change my mind later on. All the guys I've dated in the past told me they were indifferent, it is up to me. well, I never thought about this subject to be completely honest.

My parents never wanted children, but they had me anyway.

My cousin told his wife he didn't want kids before they got married. Now that he is 30 something, all of sudden, he wants children. People's mind change all the time, this is the scary part.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:30 AM

456 posts, read 1,170,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
People's mind change all the time, this is the scary part.
Scary indeed.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:34 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,467,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunny View Post
Scary indeed.
How dare people be open to the possibilities new people, situations and environments bring.

Scary and awful. How dare people change their minds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships