Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 10:36 PM

2 posts, read 5,518 times

Advertisements

how can you tell if a girl really likes you, really loves you and has feelings for you. i met this girl and we went out 10xs and she tells me this. im not the most experience guy when it comes to dating too and im in my early 30s

how can you tell other than just believing her. i say this since i also notice her stories dont match up, lot of silences and pauses when i ask her a quesitons, and stories dont add up or later ask again and its a different answer,says she goes counsellor at 6 and then doesnt bother to meet me after on a friday since we always meet up on fridays. how long can a counselling session be 1 hr tops.
i also notice she makes jokes or just kidding with stuff that arent even funny. like complaining that i didnt have a car indirectly on the first few dates and when i do get one she says i dont feel comfortable sitting in ur car. ah i question her on that and she said she was just joking. how is that a joke. its annoying

pros-she texts me a lot and say she misses me and thinks about me . she says she loves me , says im the best bf, pretty inlove wiht me ......

any way you can tell a girl really likes or loves you other than just believing what you hear

im thinking of not paying for meals-50/50 and just meeting up at a coffeeshop instead of drving her and picking her up. if she still sees me then i know its real

she holds my hand and arm very tight as we are a couple and lets me kiss her

. also one date she says she likes me and enjoys time and has feeling with me, other time she loves me and another time im ok and bearable. so its like wishy washy answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 10:43 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,746,014 times
What the hell?

Old 03-17-2013, 12:16 AM

3,494 posts, read 4,660,982 times
her eyes give her away.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:24 AM

151 posts, read 219,878 times
Trust your gut feeling. I think it's telling you she is that not into you.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:16 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,429,254 times
A few questions. How long have you been dating her? Are you any more intimate with her than just kissing? Do you spend a lot of money on her? Just because she says she likes you or loves you doesn't necessarily mean she does. Therapy should last 1 hr. at the most. Does she seem really happy to see you? Does she grab your hand or arm herself or kiss you on her own?

Old 03-17-2013, 03:40 AM

19,963 posts, read 30,087,977 times
girls are like cats, - it may take a while before she warms up to you

if you like her...give her time and space,

dont be impatient,,,and if she gives you mixed signals,, well, she's a woman

Old 03-17-2013, 07:51 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,742,909 times
If she has already told you verbally or through texting that she loves you, isn't that the answer to the question right there? Lol, just curious, why doubt the sincerity of her words...she could really and truly actually mean it, after all; if she didn't mean it, why would she say it to you?

Old 03-17-2013, 12:00 PM

10,202 posts, read 17,787,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nash99 View Post
how can you tell if a girl really likes you, really loves you and has feelings for you. i met this girl and we went out 10xs and she tells me this. im not the most experience guy when it comes to dating too and im in my early 30s
You mean, you've been on 10 dates? How long have you been seeing each other?

Quote:
how can you tell other than just believing her. i say this since i also notice her stories dont match up, lot of silences and pauses when i ask her a quesitons, and stories dont add up or later ask again and its a different answer,says she goes counsellor at 6 and then doesnt bother to meet me after on a friday since we always meet up on fridays. how long can a counselling session be 1 hr tops.
If you feel that she is not being honest and open with you, you need to talk to her about it. The next time her story doesn't add up, question her about it. If you are not satisfied with her answers then perhaps you are right not to trust her. Ultimately, if you feel something is not right, you shouldn't ignore it.

Quote:
i also notice she makes jokes or just kidding with stuff that arent even funny. like complaining that i didnt have a car indirectly on the first few dates and when i do get one she says i dont feel comfortable sitting in ur car. ah i question her on that and she said she was just joking. how is that a joke. its annoying
If there is one thing I've learned in life it's that people have all different types of humor. There are plenty of people out there who joke about stuff that I just don't "get". It doesn't mean they aren't joking, it just means you don't share the same sense of humor and that is a problem in a relationship in my opinion. It's important to laugh together and if you don't get each others sense of humor, it probably won't last.

Quote:
pros-she texts me a lot and say she misses me and thinks about me . she says she loves me , says im the best bf, pretty inlove wiht me ......
This is why I wanted to know how many dates you've been on/how long you have been seeing each other. It sounds like it's way too early for her to be in love with you. Always be wary of people who form quick attachments - they are likely to drop their attachments just as quickly.

Quote:
im thinking of not paying for meals-50/50 and just meeting up at a coffeeshop instead of drving her and picking her up. if she still sees me then i know its real
So you think she might just be using you for free meals? If that's the case, it won't last long anyway. She'll get bored or find someone else.

Quote:
also one date she says she likes me and enjoys time and has feeling with me, other time she loves me and another time im ok and bearable. so its like wishy washy answers.
She said you were "bearable"? Are you sure she wasn't joking again?

Old 03-17-2013, 12:38 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,289,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nash99 View Post

any way you can tell a girl really likes or loves you other than just believing what you hear

she holds my hand and arm very tight as we are a couple and lets me kiss her

. also one date she says she likes me and enjoys time and has feeling with me, other time she loves me and another time im ok and bearable. so its like wishy washy answers.

Really dude? Really?

Old 03-17-2013, 12:42 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,806,563 times
as women need instruction books to figure em out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships